+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Osti79

Jan 9, 2022
Hi! I have two questions pls :

during my employment here in canada my place had a lock down and I was on CERB for 4 months and later on CWLB for three months , and I have had. Surgery I went on EI for 3 months , so do I need to mention these as what I was doing as unemployed on CERB , CWLB and Illness ? I returned back to the same employer after lock downs and after my illness recovery . I saw some posts saying include these since am at home , some posts say don’t as you are still employed with same employer .

second question : my son birth certificate is in Danish , I did a translation long time back in Denmark to English , attested by notary public in Denmark and misntry of foreign affairs . Do I need to include the original translated copy of the translation with the stamps or only a colored copy will suffice ?
Many thanks

xoly221

Jan 16, 2018
For the citizenship application online submission, for 14a regarding "Have you held travel documents and/or passports during your five (5) year eligibility period?"

Do we have to provide details and scan of the visa stamps/stickers as well (for eg US visa) ?

regards,

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Quick question!

if the decision made is negative decision,i.e. application is denied, how will I know that in my online status? Will it still say completed/ decision made or doesit say rejected or denied etc?

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
For the citizenship application online submission, for 14a regarding "Have you held travel documents and/or passports during your five (5) year eligibility period?"

Do we have to provide details and scan of the visa stamps/stickers as well (for eg US visa) ?

regards,
Only if you have a document similar to PR for another country. Otherwise your passport is generally your travel document.
No need for specifying all visas here but I’ll recommend that you include that in the passport copy to include all used pages if you can

Lazarooo

Star Member
Oct 10, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I need your help on the following unique circumstances for my citizenship application.

This month i become qualified for Canadian citizenship, While working on gathering document i found out my Refuge Travel document is been destroyed because of the water leakage I had in my new house. My question is:
1-What is the best way to apply for citizenship without having a valid travel document?
2- since i need to report damage travel document do i need to wait for my new travel document or i can apply for citizenship in the mean time?

Thank you!
Lazaro

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I need your help on the following unique circumstances for my citizenship application.

This month i become qualified for Canadian citizenship, While working on gathering document i found out my Refuge Travel document is been destroyed because of the water leakage I had in my new house. My question is:
1-What is the best way to apply for citizenship without having a valid travel document?
2- since i need to report damage travel document do i need to wait for my new travel document or i can apply for citizenship in the mean time?

Thank you!
Lazaro
You should ideally apply for the new travel document and once you have it, then apply for the citizenship.

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Need one help in filling out the checklist... I have changed my surname post marriage and got the PR card. Now, while applying for citizenship, do I need to check the box of changed my name and provide all the documents.... or as the PR card is already on the new surname, I should not check this box in the checklist.. please help
Did you get any answer for this as I am in the same boat?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi all,

Re: PCC

Before I came to Canada as a PR, I was living in the US on an F-1 visa. Based on the original post for this thread, USA is my country of origin and hence I do not need to provide a PCC with the application.

Does that still hold true? Can anyone please confirm this?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi @rajkamalmohanram

I landed in Canada as a PR in Oct 2019, and am applying for Citizenship in Dec 2022 - I meet the physical presence requirements.

My question is - My first job in Canada was from May 2020 - So for tax year 2019, I have filed a zero income tax and I have the Notice of Assessment for it. I filed income taxes in 2020 and 2021.

Can I still apply for citizenship based on this information or should i wait until I file 2022 and get NOA?

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Hi @rajkamalmohanram

I landed in Canada as a PR in Oct 2019, and am applying for Citizenship in Dec 2022 - I meet the physical presence requirements.

My question is - My first job in Canada was from May 2020 - So for tax year 2019, I have filed a zero income tax and I have the Notice of Assessment for it. I filed income taxes in 2020 and 2021.

Can I still apply for citizenship based on this information or should i wait until I file 2022 and get NOA?
You should proceed ahead with application. They only ask if you filed taxes, which you did. Qualifying criteria is physical presence and as per your post you have met it.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

skrba

Oct 3, 2018
Hi @rajkamalmohanram / @Doom__V ,

Do you guys know if something changed in the CIC page I am not able to login to my application tracker and when trying to reset the password its saying to try again after some time. Any one else facing the same issue?

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
Hi @rajkamalmohanram / @Doom__V ,

Do you guys know if something changed in the CIC page I am not able to login to my application tracker and when trying to reset the password its saying to try again after some time. Any one else facing the same issue?
Yes, apparently a major upgrade in the system has happened, reset your password and enter the code that was sent to your email and login. Check if you see an update on October 7th

xoly221

Jan 16, 2018
Only if you have a document similar to PR for another country. Otherwise your passport is generally your travel document.
No need for specifying all visas here but I’ll recommend that you include that in the passport copy to include all used pages if you can
So what you are saying scans of visas on the passports should be included. Can anyone else confirm this?

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
So what you are saying scans of visas on the passports should be included. Can anyone else confirm this?
He / She meant all pages in the passport to be on the safer side.