+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Hey guys!
I will be applying for citizenship soon.
The current passport I have is due to expire by end of the year. While I will be submitting details of current passport when I apply but I would renew it when my application is in progress.
Does anyone know if when passport is renewed and since you submitted old passport details, do we have to submit new passport details to IRCC it they will ask eventually when time is right?
Really need help on this

thanks

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hey guys!
I will be applying for citizenship soon.
The current passport I have is due to expire by end of the year. While I will be submitting details of current passport when I apply but I would renew it when my application is in progress.
Does anyone know if when passport is renewed and since you submitted old passport details, do we have to submit new passport details to IRCC it they will ask eventually when time is right?
Really need help on this

thanks
I would give them an update once you have your new passport in hand.

Reactions: Troy2245

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I will be applying for citizenship soon, and I wanted some clarity on the photo requirements. Do we need a guarantor's signature on the photo that will be sent along with the application?

It is not mentioned on this page https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/citizenship-application-photograph-specifications.html but it is mentioned on this page https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/photos.html

Kindly advise.
You seem to be getting confused. The second link is for a Canadian Passport requirement.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Thanks and if I happen to renew my passport and submit then I need to send photocopies of both the passports as part citizenship application correct ?
I think a photocopy of the new one would suffice, they will be able to link it with your application through your UCI number. That's what I did during PR process

Reactions: Troy2245

monju760

Apr 3, 2015
Hello Guys, hopefully everyone's doing well. I am planning to apply for citizenship soon and that's why I am working on my citizenship application. So I have few quarries. First one, is question 11 (five year eligibility period of employment and education details ). Due to covid-19 lock down restaurant was closed, so in that period what should I mention, am I employed or unemployed. I wrote employed (but close for covid-19 lock down), does it make any sense? Another question is regarding of minor application (I am applying for my son citizenship together), personal information section what should I put his height. will it be height mentioned in his COPR or his present height. But when he got his COPR, he was six months old and his height was 52 cm and now he is 3years old and his height is changed. Last one, having issues with all To Date, it is always giving error "To date must be greater than From date". Can any expert give me some advice in these quarries, please. Thanks.

Last edited:

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hello Guys, hopefully everyone's doing well. I am planning to apply for citizenship soon and that's why I am working on my citizenship application. So I have few quarries. First one, is question 11 (five year eligibility period of employment and education details ). Due to covid-19 lock down restaurant was closed, so in that period what should I mention, am I employed or unemployed. I wrote employed (but close for covid-19 lock down), does it make any sense? Another question is regarding of minor application (I am applying for my son citizenship together), personal information section what should I put his height. will it be height mentioned in his COPR or his present height. But when he got his COPR, he was six months old and his height was 52 cm and now he is 3years old and his height is changed. Last one, having issues with all To Date, it is always giving error "To date must be greater than From date". Can any expert give me some advice in these quarries, please. Thanks.
Hey. I'll give you my opinion on the matter but I'm not an authority of any kind, just so you know.

1. If you are still legally employed, if you haven't been officially laid off and you still have a contract, I would mention it as an employment. You can mentioned that the restaurant is closed due to covid if it fits.

2. On the application it doesn't really say anywhere that the height must match the height on any specific document. I would personally put the actual, up to date height of your son.

3. I don't understand what kind of issue you are having here. It's pretty self explanatory, the "to date" (end date) will always have to be after the "from date" (starting date).

Reactions: monju760

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Hey guys!
I am moving to different province soon and filing citizenship application from that province.

now for personal identification documents as part of package.
Both health card and license will be of old province as there is a wait time to get new health card and DL from new province.

is it ok if I submit package from Y province with X province DL and health card which will be 2 personal identification documents?
Please let me know

thanks

monju760

Apr 3, 2015
Hey. I'll give you my opinion on the matter but I'm not an authority of any kind, just so you know.

1. If you are still legally employed, if you haven't been officially laid off and you still have a contract, I would mention it as an employment. You can mentioned that the restaurant is closed due to covid if it fits.

2. On the application it doesn't really say anywhere that the height must match the height on any specific document. I would personally put the actual, up to date height of your son.

3. I don't understand what kind of issue you are having here. It's pretty self explanatory, the "to date" (end date) will always have to be after the "from date" (starting date).
Thanks for your opinion. Yap I know that also “To Date” shouldn’t be a problem but it’s throwing errors. May be my acrobat reader might be older version. Need to up to date. Thanks anyway.

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Thanks for your opinion. Yap I know that also “To Date” shouldn’t be a problem but it’s throwing errors. May be my acrobat reader might be older version. Need to up to date. Thanks anyway.
I'm having issues with the "To Date" boxes too. Also, the language section of the form is blocked somehow and I can't select any option. I think there's a problem with the 10-2020 version of the CIT 0002 form

monju760

Apr 3, 2015
I'm having issues with the "To Date" boxes too. Also, the language section of the form is blocked somehow and I can't select any option. I think there's a problem with the 10-2020 version of the CIT 0002 form
Sorry I forgot to mention that. That is another problem.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are some issues reported and I can recall some one got over with these issues. What they did was click the validate button and then the application would RED color all the information which is missing, this also somehow makes the greyed buttons active.

Worth giving a shot !

Carmageddon

Apr 19, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I would like to warn people here - DO NOT USE FEDEX for couriering applications with proof of delivery - they refuse the release the signature of the signer, citing confidentiality/privacy concerns!!

All I have to show for the money I paid, is that its signed for by "A.MUGFORD"..
Does anyone know how to force the release of the information from them?

sanketpurnima

Star Member
May 28, 2017
is it ok that in the taxes filled section for 2020, i state YES for "Require to File" and a NO for "Taxes filed". reason being am yet to file the taxes for 2020