+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

BogusApplicant

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Few question before I send my paper application today -
1. I printed the forms at home on my inkjet printer, using the best quality setting. The quality is not as good as laser printing. Will it be a problem with the bar codes?
2. My 7 year old son did not co-operate during the photo. He has jaw slightly clenched, though with a neutral expression. Can the application be rejected because of this? If the photo gets rejected, can we mail in another one when it happens?
3. Should I include all pages of passport or only the Bio pages? The online application clearly mentions bio pages only, while the paper application requirements are vague (I know person only including Bio pages and gotten citizenship)

Last edited:

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Few question before I send my paper application today -
1. I printed the forms at home on my inkjet printer, using the best quality setting. The quality is not as good as laser printing. Will it be a problem with the bar codes?
2. My 7 year old son did not co-operate during the photo. He has jaw slightly clenched, though with a neutral expression. Can the application be rejected because of this? If the photo gets rejected, can we mail in another one when it happens?
3. Should I include all pages of passport or only the Bio pages? The online application clearly mentions bio pages only, while the paper application requirements are vague (I know person only including Bio pages and gotten citizenship)
1 and 2 = do as it is told exactly...
3 = all the pages in color as it has the page number (it depends on officer)

BogusApplicant

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
1 and 2 = do as it is told exactly...
3 = all the pages in color as it has the page number (it depends on officer)
Thank you.
Didnt get the response for 1. Are inkjet printed applications and document acceptable or not? I cannot find any specific requirement on it.

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Thank you.
Didnt get the response for 1. Are inkjet printed applications and document acceptable or not? I cannot find any specific requirement on it.
i printed from a normal canon printer at home, you can also to go any library and get it printed. everything on the page should be clearly visible, thats it.

BogusApplicant

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
i printed from a normal canon printer at home, you can also to go any library and get it printed. everything on the page should be clearly visible, thats it.
Thank you.

One more question, for the minor child, should both parents sign the application? (Only one parent is applying together with the child, the other applied earlier separately)

Ivan Duhok

Mar 12, 2018
I asked the question but nobody answered. It seems no one had been in that situation. Anyway, i called IRCC and they referred me to the web form which i have filled and submitted but i have not heard anything since then. I'm confused at the moment.
You should wait for 24-48 hrs after AOR to register on tracker, after then if you still can't register that is when to do something about it.
I am still hoping someone with an exact experience of this issue can comment on it.
Thanks for your reply. You are right now the system recognized my UCI and Application number after 48 business hours. These hours did not include the weekend. I believe that is why it kept notifying incorrect UCI at that time. All the best with you and your family citizenship application.

BogusApplicant

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
If we use the passport as one of the identity documents, should we include separate copy of the bio pages for the identity document or the single copy of passport good enough?

Amit_gupta143143

Star Member
May 7, 2021
Hi everyone,
Hope you all are doing great!
I have already drafed my online application and will be submitting it today or tomorrow.
I have couple of questions (I apologize in advance if they seems silly)if you guys can share your advice/input please.

1.) Before coming to Canada as a PR in 2018, I travelled to 3 different countries on paid and arranged vacation from my employer. I don’t even know if it was on ‘visitor visa’ or ‘Tourist visa’. I have stamps on my passport and for all of these 3 visas, it says different thing.
For Malaysia, it says - Multiple entry visa, valid for 90 days.

For Indonesia, it says - Tourism purpose only. Valid for 30 days.

For UAE - it doesn’t say what kind of visa it is. It says - 96 hours. In notes section, it says -
validity of permit - 60 days from date of issue, Duration of stay - 96 hours from the date of entry.

What should I select in ‘status’ for these visas under ‘immigration and citizenship’ section in online application ?

2.) I worked for Walmart for 2-3 weeks when I was new to Canada but I don’t remember the exact dates and don’t have any reliving/experience letter from them either. Any suggestion about where Can I find this info (CRA or service Canada account)?

Thanks in advance!

Gurdilman

Feb 3, 2022
Hello, I was filling Canadian citizenship application for my daughter. Her study and employment detail needs 16 columns. After 15 column, I wasn’t able to add more column. Could anyone suggest me what should I do?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello, I was filling Canadian citizenship application for my daughter. Her study and employment detail needs 16 columns. After 15 column, I wasn’t able to add more column. Could anyone suggest me what should I do?
I would suggest create a letter of explanation (LOE) and include all the details there to supplement the details you are including application wrt study and employment detail

Reactions: Gurdilman

Amit_gupta143143

Star Member
May 7, 2021
Hi everyone,
I have couple more questions if you don’t mind please.
I was in home country on a ‘leave of absence’ (family caregiver leave) for about 3 months in 2021 to take care of my family members and was getting employment insurance (EI) while on leave. I also got married during this time at my home country.

Under last 5 years employment history section in the citizenship application, should I report this as ‘unemployed’ or just mention that I was outside of country on leave to take care of family member and for my marriage? How should I word it?

Also should I mention anywhere on the application about EI?

Thanks in advance.