+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hello everyone. Any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated so thanks in advance
I got my PR in 2021 as a refugee. So after getting PR nobody in the entire world told me about not travelling back home or renew home country passport. After getting PR i went back home thrice for a month each trip and had proper security there. I hired a security firm which gave me security for the full period of stay. I had to take care of my old mom as she had nobody there. Upon arrival to canada first 2 trips nobody asked me anything or told me. Upon arrival from third trip CBSA questioned me and told me they will put cessation. I already had applied for my citizenship. And already applied for my wife’s sponsorship (she resides my home country) my questions are below
1- i requested ATIP and my application status is on hold. What should i do?
2- does any cessation or on hold status affects my wife’s application?? Her medical is done a week ago.
3- i have business in dubai and italy where i have to travel frequently so now if i apply for RTD can i get it?? Because i dont want to use my home country passport anymore as i already did it due to lack of knowledge.
kindly help me in this regard. Thanks in advance.
The best thing to do is to get a lawyer.
There's obviously a risk you lose your PR since you may have reavailed yourself by going many times to your home country...
Also, have a look at this long thread, it should be informative : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/refugee-status-cessation-and-prs-applying-for-citizenship.333455/

Cool2021

Jul 30, 2021
I have interview tomorrow, what documents i need to bring. The letter says I two piece of ID but not sure what other documents i need to bring. I did travel during my eligibility period and has stamps translated too and submitted a police certificate. And any other tips? Thanks

sevenseconds77

Nov 25, 2015
hello guys!
can somebody advice - if you are 55 or older and you do not need to submit the proof of Language skills, what should you choose in the application Question 15a - Yes or No? I assume we can choose Yes and put in the comments Other explaining that I am 55 years of age at the moment of application...
thanks for support!

Hi - Did you get a reply to your question. I am in the same situation. I selected "Other" and explained I am 55 years old, however my online application was returned and I am being asked to provide a language proof that is acceptable.

Not sure if paper application is the right way to apply.

Any thoughts SME's

Thanks