+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for a Temporary Work Permit – Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program

jsr80

Jul 13, 2020
Hi Forum,
I am from India and applying for a temporary work permit outside Canada. As per the directions from the official website, we need to apply Paper-Based applications for Temporary work permits under Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program at the Visa Application Centres. Due to Corona Pandemic, all the VAC centres in India are closed and CIC also instructed all the VAC centers's not to accept paper-based applications till September 30-2020.
QUESTION Note: Now can we apply an Online work permit for the AIPP Temporary work permit program or we need to wait till September 30 for new Guidelines.

Need help with the above query.

Jul 13, 2020
Your question and therefor all answers to be provided to it depends if you already have a job offer. It appears you don't. But if you do, the only paper-based documentation you'd need to send is for permanent residency if, and only if, according to the requirements of the AIPP, you have a full-time and permanent (not seasonal) job offer that's been dully processed by the Province you're intending to immigrate to. And even if that's your case, you don't need to apply at any specific VAC. You can send your documentation to any VAC (though that will certainly pose you some difficulties of all sorts). Anyway, if all that applies to you, you qualify for a temporary work visa requested online. That will allow you to travel to Canada. Only then, once you set foot in your intended Province, you'll have 90 consecutive days to send all of the requested documentation in a paper-based application to the correspondent address indicated on your process. Check it out.
Also, I'd like to know. If you got a job offer, how did you manage to do it? Was it through an intermediation of a friend or relative already leaving and working in that Province or did you go job hunting yourself? Please, elaborate. Thank you.

jsr80

Jul 13, 2020
Your question and therefor all answers to be provided to it depends if you already have a job offer. It appears you don't. But if you do, the only paper-based documentation you'd need to send is for permanent residency if, and only if, according to the requirements of the AIPP, you have a full-time and permanent (not seasonal) job offer that's been dully processed by the Province you're intending to immigrate to. And even if that's your case, you don't need to apply at any specific VAC. You can send your documentation to any VAC (though that will certainly pose you some difficulties of all sorts). Anyway, if all that applies to you, you qualify for a temporary work visa requested online. That will allow you to travel to Canada. Only then, once you set foot in your intended Province, you'll have 90 consecutive days to send all of the requested documentation in a paper-based application to the correspondent address indicated on your process. Check it out.
Also, I'd like to know. If you got a job offer, how did you manage to do it? Was it through an intermediation of a friend or relative already leaving and working in that Province or did you go job hunting yourself? Please, elaborate. Thank you.
Hi,
I do have a job offer. I got it through professional links. I got endorsed by province and received
WORK PERMIT REFERRAL LETTER UNDER THE ATLANTIC IMMIGRATION PILOT (R204(c)
/ C18)
I am aware of the permanent residence procedure which is offline for AIPP.
In Temporary Work permit under AIPP - Candidates under the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Project can only apply for a work permit through regular
mail. You cannot apply online or at a Port of Entry (POE).

The above statement was given in the Work permit letter. I am an overseas applicant('Outside Canada').
Can you please let me know whether we can apply for a temporary work permit Online? due to the COVID situation.

Jul 13, 2020
My friend, that's your answer. Due to Covid19, you can apply online. I still believe though that the VACs are to keep processing the AIPP temporary visas because the instructions are very clear that we even should write on the envelope that it is meant for the AIPP. But, as we can't be sure, you can go online. You can read this on both the webpage for your VAC in India and the IRCC webpage link to Covid19 news related to traveling to Canada. If you're "eligible to travel to Canada: you must apply online for (...) work permits". And remember, it doesn't need to be the closest VAC to you. It can be anywhere in the world, though I wouldn't recommend it.
Anyway, I'd like your help too. Can you give me advice on how to get a job offer through professional links? You can find me on my facebook page fabio feldmann sato. Thank you.

Jul 13, 2020
Hi Forum,
I am from India and applying for a temporary work permit outside Canada. As per the directions from the official website, we need to apply Paper-Based applications for Temporary work permits under Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program at the Visa Application Centres. Due to Corona Pandemic, all the VAC centres in India are closed and CIC also instructed all the VAC centers's not to accept paper-based applications till September 30-2020.
QUESTION Note: Now can we apply an Online work permit for the AIPP Temporary work permit program or we need to wait till September 30 for new Guidelines.

Need help with the above query.
You're very welcomed.

kjijiaw

Jul 30, 2020
Hi,
I do have a job offer. I got it through professional links. I got endorsed by province and received
/ C18)
In Temporary Work permit under AIPP - Candidates under the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Project can only apply for a work permit through regular

The above statement was given in the Work permit letter. I am an overseas applicant('Outside Canada').
Can you please let me know whether we can apply for a temporary work permit Online? due to the COVID situation.
Hello. Any luck with this? I am in the same situation. C18 work permit. Has to be a paper application. But VACs in India are closed. Did you submit online then?
Thank you.

jsr80

Jul 13, 2020
Hello. Any luck with this? I am in the same situation. C18 work permit. Has to be a paper application. But VACs in India are closed. Did you submit online then?
Thank you.
Thank you.
Hi Buddy,
I have applied Online for AIPP temporary work permit. Recently I have seen the twitter account of @ircc. They have mentioned that the work permit should be applied by paper based for applicants outside Canada . So please wait till the Vac centres open . In my situation , I have just raised a request to with draw my online application and prepare my paper based platform and apply once Vac centres are open.

kjijiaw

Jul 30, 2020
Hi Buddy,
I have applied Online for AIPP temporary work permit. Recently I have seen the twitter account of @ircc. They have mentioned that the work permit should be applied by paper based for applicants outside Canada . So please wait till the Vac centres open . In my situation , I have just raised a request to with draw my online application and prepare my paper based platform and apply once Vac centres are open.
Ok thanks for your update. I tried doing online as well but the documents they ask online are completely different that the AIPP LMIA exempt checklist. There is also no place to select urgent processing. So we have to wait for VAC to open I guess :rolleyes:

charr08

Aug 28, 2020
India
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi Buddy,
The notification is changed now. You can apply for wp under AIPP online

charr08

Aug 28, 2020
India
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi,
/ C18)

Yes, you can apply online I too have done it. The notification has changes since 17 Aug 2020 you can apply for WP under AIPP online