+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Denied

joenash

Mar 8, 2009
Hi,

Today I just recieved the letter (AOR) , and to my surpirze I found the my applicated denied
I applied under 3 different NOC codes , 2 of them are on the 38 list

1-Accountant : Code # 1111
2-Pension Administrator: Code # 0111

The reason given was " I am not satisfied with your experience ....your application is therefore not eligible to be processed"

Yet I am not convinced with this decision, I have written my job duities on the form, and used an extra sheet of paper to complete my duities because I needed more space, I am gussing that they overlooked this extra sheet.

Is there any way to communicate with them , send them my point of view..etc
Do I write them back (email ? , Letter?)

Your Ideas and suggestions will be highly appreciated

Joseph

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
People at NS seems to be bunch of 'unqualified' stupids who have no technical knowledge of job responsibilities they are assessing. I cannot imagine how they have BS literature degree holders accessing the duties of a mechanical engineer, physicists, chemical engineer, etc. It is a Bulls*t system.

joenash

Mar 8, 2009
I had 1 year as accountant
2 years pension plan's administration

My current job title is Pension operations supervisor, it is not on the 38 list, but the other two are.

Moreover before applying I contacted the NOC by email stating by job duties as pension plan's administrator and they sent me back my corresponding code by email which is on the 38 list.

so I belive the letter I got from Nova scotia office is not accurate

guys what do you recommend, is there any email address where I can send them the correspondance between me and NOC , or they are only reachable via mail ?

Joseph

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
joenash said:
I had 1 year as accountant
2 years pension plan's administration

My current job title is Pension operations supervisor, it is not on the 38 list, but the other two are.

Moreover before applying I contacted the NOC by email stating by job duties as pension plan's administrator and they sent me back my corresponding code by email which is on the 38 list.

so I belive the letter I got from Nova scotia office is not accurate

guys what do you recommend, is there any email address where I can send them the correspondance between me and NOC , or they are only reachable via mail ?

Joseph
I donot think there is a appeal process. An unqualified idiot has made a decision on your file and you have to live with it. I am not sure, but I think you can reapply with a new application.

claxtonCT

Star Member
Oct 11, 2008
I dont understand. how did you contact NOC???

And yes, YOU can go to court if you think you are right and they should consider you.

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
Mike053 said:
People at NS seems to be bunch of 'unqualified' stupids who have no technical knowledge of job responsibilities they are assessing. I cannot imagine how they have BS literature degree holders accessing the duties of a mechanical engineer, physicists, chemical engineer, etc. It is a Bulls*t system.
This is really disturbing. Can they do this? So what's all the hype about them being fair. It is discouraging.

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
Instead of appeal, suggest you resubmit the application. Ensure that the job description is line with NOC code and in the same words as far as possible. You may have to pay new payment as the previous payment may take some time to return. If they have returned your demand draft then you can reuse the same.

erick_uae

May 8, 2009
hi were on the same situation planning to reapply and withdraw my application from my consultant and apply on my own.

do u think cic will accept amendment on my previous application because some of my previous jobs i did not declare and previously i change some of my job title

im still confused ...need ur comments

payalnandi

May 8, 2009
We are going through an agent. We also wrote a lot of things about my husbands duties at his job.But what our agent told us was what CIC simply does is check our list of main duties with the ones mentionednunder the NOC.its no use filling up the pages with things they don't see under the NOC's job description.The experience of the person should match atleast 50% with the list mentioned under the NOC category which is on the skilled list and has to be for atleast a year in the past 10 years.CIc does not go through irrelevant things.SO maybe that's what happened in your case.We nearly did not hire an agent as i thought i knew everything.But when this happened,we were glad we did have an agent.DO check with your local Canadian Immigration office for the best information.As their information is most accurate.Its too risky to believe untrue things and risk your chances of an approval.

valioiko

Star Member
Jul 27, 2008
payalnandi said:
We are going through an agent. We also wrote a lot of things about my husbands duties at his job.But what our agent told us was what CIC simply does is check our list of main duties with the ones mentionednunder the NOC.its no use filling up the pages with things they don't see under the NOC's job description.The experience of the person should match atleast 50% with the list mentioned under the NOC category which is on the skilled list and has to be for atleast a year in the past 10 years.CIc does not go through irrelevant things.SO maybe that's what happened in your case.We nearly did not hire an agent as i thought i knew everything.But when this happened,we were glad we did have an agent.DO check with your local Canadian Immigration office for the best information.As their information is most accurate.Its too risky to believe untrue things and risk your chances of an approval.
Where are the Main occupational duties posted???

Is this what we should look for? http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0111 (I mean under the title "Main Duties"). Is there more detailed list of duties?

Thank you!

sushid0c

Star Member
Oct 25, 2007
hi.

I know it is very discouraging after gathering all the documents you reach such a state. But I think you should reapply rather than go to court. It is just personal opinion that you should reapply without waiting for your cheque to come back. It may take another few months and then your IELTS, police clearance etc would have expired. If your reapply right now at least you will not have to re gather your documents. That is if you have funds ....... If you do not have funds to reapply then you have no option but to wait for your money to be refund. But is still feel you can borrow money and repay the lender when you get the refund. Please take opinion from other forum members too and decide on your plan of action

joenash

Mar 8, 2009
Hi,

Thanks all for your replies, Most probably I will wait to recieve the refund and reapply. The main duties on the NOC are so general, and mine were so specific, I belive this is one thing I will take care of when resubmitting.

Though I am still convinced that there is something wrong, because as i mentioned before, I emailed the NOC with my duties and they emailed be back my NOC code which I used.But any way I am gonna give it another try.

Best of Luck for your all

Joseph