+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application completed 5 weeks ago in uni of Manitoba but still waiting:-(

AbuBakker

Aug 29, 2014
my application status was completed 5 weeks ago in university of Manitoba but application is still under the review of department...how long i have to wait for offer letter?

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Abubakker,
It might just be a case of the volume of applicants or a very competitive year. Excercise patience and make sure you keep in touch with the registrar's office via and email and a simple phone call from time to time.
I graduated from the U of M and I will tell you that the number of International students seeking admission goes up by the year.

What program did you apply for?

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is a competitive program. Make sure you also apply to other schools to avoid disappointment. You should be looking at 2 or 3 other schools.

pratick1

Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Possibly LA Consulate General
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AbuBakker said:
thanx ...can you tell me how much time they will take to send me the final decision?
Hey,

Forget about this crappy school and apply somewhere else. I can't tell you much for an Engineering program, however, the school seems very racist at making decisions. I applied for a MA-Economics with both my undergraduate and masters from United States. In two weeks, those idiots sent me a rejection. Fine, I was not from an economics background but there is a Pre-MA program as well. Someone who has studied business all his life with GPAs of 3.69 and 3.77 was denied. All I told that lady named Betty after my denial was that- Have a nice day! This is how pissed I was. Just a horrible school!! Apply to schools like Calgary and Brock. These are much better.

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ abubakker

that is something you need to get in touch with the registrar for. Each applicant's case is unique.

@ pratick1

I understand your frustration if you got denied admission, but I would be careful calling them 'racist at making decisions'. U of M has a diverse background when it comes to international students and that explains why they are getting a high volume of applications around the world.

While GPAs of 3.69 and 3.77 are high and attractive, you have to ask yourself ; is it possible that other applicants may have had a higher GPA than mine?
It is very possible you got rejected because of a very competitive year so stop the name calling and move on.

I get emails about this kind of rejection all the time and my advise has always been apply to more than one school at a time. I have seen a guy rejected due to lack of a supervisor. It is as simply as that.

I have also never seen anyone apply to three or four schools for a masters program and also got admission from all four schools. You will be lucky to get two schools out of four give you admission.

You have learn how to press on when you get rejection like this especially if you want to apply for jobs in the future. Just ask people who are currently searching for jobs and they will tell you rejection is normal but you have to keep searching.

My 2 cents Pratick1. No hard feelings. Press ON.

sidhu1019

Oct 11, 2014
Regarding admission for M.Engg ECE in UOM

Papa Bomboy said:
Hello Bomboy,
I want to take admission in M.Engg Electrical and computer engineering fall 2015. My question is that is it mandatory to find an advisor an then apply for the course?
Kindly guide me what should i do?

my profile is as follows:

B.tech- 81.6
12th- 68
10th- 81
IELTS- overall 7.5 and no less than 6.5

PLease guide me.
regards

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Sidhu1019

Sometimes it is not a bad idea to write to the department or the professors in Electrical and Computer Engineering just to see what their take is on the issue. However, I don't think it is mandatory, but it might just help your case. Don't forget there always lots of applicants competing for a small space.

Graduate programs sometimes do not have as much resources as undergraduate programs especially when it comes to supervisors or lecturers and space availability for the student.

pratick1

Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Possibly LA Consulate General
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Papa Bomboy said:
@ abubakker

that is something you need to get in touch with the registrar for. Each applicant's case is unique.

@ pratick1

I understand your frustration if you got denied admission, but I would be careful calling them 'racist at making decisions'. U of M has a diverse background when it comes to international students and that explains why they are getting a high volume of applications around the world.

While GPAs of 3.69 and 3.77 are high and attractive, you have to ask yourself ; is it possible that other applicants may have had a higher GPA than mine?
It is very possible you got rejected because of a very competitive year so stop the name calling and move on.

I get emails about this kind of rejection all the time and my advise has always been apply to more than one school at a time. I have seen a guy rejected due to lack of a supervisor. It is as simply as that.

I have also never seen anyone apply to three or four schools for a masters program and also got admission from all four schools. You will be lucky to get two schools out of four give you admission.

You have learn how to press on when you get rejection like this especially if you want to apply for jobs in the future. Just ask people who are currently searching for jobs and they will tell you rejection is normal but you have to keep searching.

My 2 cents Pratick1. No hard feelings. Press ON.
Whoever you are,

Before you preach, make sure you have enough reasonings to back them up. To begin with, I did not reply to you. The person I replied to did not care to answer me back. Now, who are you to poke your nose in between this conversation? Second, did I call for your opinion? Does anywhere in my comment do I seek to have someone else step in and rectify what I said? Anyways, since you initiated this, let me complete.

1. My degrees in United States are a result of my hard work and my compassion towards studies. Had I not been good at it, I would not have been able to survive. So for you to preach about rejections hoping to give me a lesson of some kind is as insignificant as your "2 cents phrase".

2. I work for JPMorgan. Please don't give me that BS of being denied for jobs as such. I am not applying to Canadian schools because I am tired of living here. I am, because, a PhD is eventually what I want to get. I am not against Manitoba denying me, or any school for that matter of fact. They told themselves that they would wait until January to get all the applications. Why would I get a denial in 2 weeks? Like you said, "May be some people had better GPAs"- Lord, I bet that until now, not even 2% applications have been received. I applied early just so that I can compete for the awards. So again, don't give that crap of someone else being better. Also, if God has given you eyes to read, I mentioned clearly that all my degrees are in Business. In addition, this damn school has a Pre MA program. Hell, if someone has an undergraduate in Econ, obviously, he would be admitted with no problem. They have that program for people who are deficient in Econ classes. Therefore, for them to deny me is not an issue here. Denying me when there is qualifying program and when its only been two weeks after I applied is a big red flag. Btw, if I get denied because there was no professor, I would not bother to reply anyone at all. For an instance, if Brock or any other university denies me, I would be okay. There are schools that don't have a qualifying program. So, do not mix denial due to lack of supervisors with denials such as mine.

3. That administrative assistant or whatsoever they call it, someone by the name of Betty, was a complete disaster when it comes to talking. Never once did I feel that she wanted my application to even reach the committee. Who knows if it was even forwarded? Who is to decide my fate in two weeks when probably no one else has even applied?

4. Why are you so bothered? Just because someone else says that he found the school being racist, you should not come in and value his upcoming comments for 2 cents. You are a Manitoba Graduate btw, what else can I expect? This is what your school taught, ain't it? So ideally, me calling them racist and you preaching like a broker for the school trades off. Btw, like that lady, you are not worth my time too. So, do not expect a response. Like I told her- "Have a nice day!" I will post you after being admitted at a better university! I let my actions do the talking. I replied just because you replied to the post.

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Pratick1

All the best with JP Morgan and your Ph.d ambitions.

Have a great weekend ahead.