+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application cancelled - Police certificate INCLUDES translation

Essie

Oct 4, 2016
Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help cause I'm pretty upset about my application being cancelled.

Here's the reason for the cancellation: "The Police certificate from Poland that you provided with your application is not acceptable. If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send the police certificate along with a translation done by a certified translator. Please consult our website in order to determine the required document"

My certificate itself is not in English, yes, but included with it is translation issued by the same body that issued the Police certificate. The entire thing is an official document issued by a Ministry of Justice in my country so I don't understand why their own translation is not acceptable. The Annex in English is an integral part of the document and it has been signed and stamped.

Could somebody please review the document I submitted and advise if I can appeal it? (I hidden all the personal info of course).

This seems like such a ridiculous and petty reason for a rejection :(

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help cause I'm pretty upset about my application being cancelled.

Here's the reason for the cancellation: "The Police certificate from Poland that you provided with your application is not acceptable. If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send the police certificate along with a translation done by a certified translator. Please consult our website in order to determine the required document"

My certificate itself is not in English, yes, but included with it is translation issued by the same body that issued the Police certificate. The entire thing is an official document issued by a Ministry of Justice in my country so I don't understand why their own translation is not acceptable. The Annex in English is an integral part of the document and it has been signed and stamped.

Could somebody please review the document I submitted and advise if I can appeal it? (I hidden all the personal info of course).

This seems like such a ridiculous and petty reason for a rejection :(
If any part of the PCC is not in English or French then it would need to be translated.

When you say that a translation is issued by the same body that issued the police certificate, are you saying that there is a separate set of pages that look exactly the same as the Polish version but which is provided in English? I can't tell from the image you have provided.

Essie

Oct 4, 2016
It doesn't look exactly the same but certified translation wouldn't look exactly the same either.

If you click on the image and go the the next pages it includes the Annex that has each section of the form translated. This is the official translation from the issuer of the document so it didn't even cross my mind that it won't be accepted.