+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Canceled due to police certificates

sasakaka

Jul 31, 2016
While i think the rejection issue is the translation.
i am not sure about peru, in my case, cic only admit the translation to be done at my native country.
so we go to the police, get the pcc and then go to notary office for translation and notarization.
if we do translation and notarization in Canada cic will not accept it.
so check your country rules.

EdBell

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Thank you very much for all your comments. My AOR is Feb 1st 2017, I'm OINP in-land. I never passed medicals even after two months. Sadly my timeline is common for PNP in-land applicants, they take forever.

I really would like to know why it exactly was rejected. When I called CIC they didn't know the exact reason. They didn't mention it was the translation (all my documents were translated in Ontario by a certified translator, not just the PCC). They only said that I included my wife's PCC that it was not required. Can they reject me for including more documents than requested?

I hope they send me the information for the reconsideration soon, if anyone has some experience doing this I would really appreciated your feedback.

And sorry for all my ranting. It is really frustrating, people form OINP probably can feel the pain. We had to wait almost a year to finally get the 600 points. And in my case now that the points had drop so much I didn't even need the 600 points. :(

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
EdBell said:
Thank you very much for all your comments. My AOR is Feb 1st 2017, I'm OINP in-land. I never passed medicals even after two months. Sadly my timeline is common for PNP in-land applicants, they take forever.

I really would like to know why it exactly was rejected. When I called CIC they didn't know the exact reason. They didn't mention it was the translation (all my documents were translated in Ontario by a certified translator, not just the PCC). They only said that I included my wife's PCC that it was not required. Can they reject me for including more documents than requested?

I hope they send me the information for the reconsideration soon, if anyone has some experience doing this I would really appreciated your feedback.

And sorry for all my ranting. It is really frustrating, people form OINP probably can feel the pain. We had to wait almost a year to finally get the 600 points. And in my case now that the points had drop so much I didn't even need the 600 points. :(
Spouse's PCC is required whether they accompany you or not. So this can't be the reason for rejection.

EdBell

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Maverick28 said:
Spouse's PCC is required whether they accompany you or not. So this can't be the reason for rejection.
The CIC person I talked to told me it was not required ??? anyway they have it.
Then maybe is the translation that has to be done in the same country :(.
I want to appeal any way. So if anyone knows how to do it please help me!!!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
EdBell said:
May be this thread will be helpful.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/any-applicant-got-cancelled-and-submitted-a-case-specific-inquiry-lets-connect-t290316.360.html

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EdBell said:
Raise a CSE.

sasakaka

Jul 31, 2016
EdBell said:

when they reject due to the translation reason, cic will not say it clearly. they just say it is not valid or doesn't meet the requirement.
i know some cases like this and they only use official words and will not tell the exact reasons.
so call cic to see whether you need translation in your home country and i think for most countries it's the same.
for pcc, translation by a certified translator in Canada usually is not accepted by cic. IT IS THE RULE AND YOU CAN NOT ARGUE WITH THEM.

nomad777

Jan 29, 2016
sasakaka said:
when they reject due to the translation reason, cic will not say it clearly. they just say it is not valid or doesn't meet the requirement.
i know some cases like this and they only use official words and will not tell the exact reasons.
so call cic to see whether you need translation in your home country and i think for most countries it's the same.
for pcc, translation by a certified translator in Canada usually is not accepted by cic. IT IS THE RULE AND YOU CAN NOT ARGUE WITH THEM.
Sorry where does it say translation by a certified translator in Canada is not accepted by cic? It clearly states this in the cic website:

Translation of documents

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with a copy of the original document as well as a version translated by a certified translator.

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
a certified photocopy of the original document.

sasakaka

Jul 31, 2016
nomad777 said:
Sorry where does it say translation by a certified translator in Canada is not accepted by cic? It clearly states this in the cic website:

Translation of documents

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with a copy of the original document as well as a version translated by a certified translator.

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
a certified photocopy of the original document.
a certified translator may not be the one in Canada.
For my country (tons of people immigrant to Canada every year), translation by Canada translator is not acceptable, which is proved by so many victims.

olgac

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
sasakaka said:
"translation by a certified translator in Canada usually is not accepted by cic." This is not true Sasakaka.

CIC website states very clearly:
If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send the police certificate along with a translation done by a certified translator. IT HAS TO BE TRANSLATED BY A CERTIFIED TRANSLATOR

nomad777

Jan 29, 2016
sasakaka said:
a certified translator may not be the one in Canada.
For my country (tons of people immigrant to Canada every year), translation by Canada translator is not acceptable, which is proved by so many victims.
CIC says otherwise. The CIC glossary indicates certified translator is someone who is:
A member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada.

olgac

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
nomad777 said:
CIC says otherwise. The CIC glossary indicates certified translator is someone who is:
A member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada.
Exactly nomad777, I looked at the same. To be honest I don't know why sasakaka made that strong statement. It could confuse people.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
olgac said:
Exactly nomad777, I looked at the same. To be honest I don't know why sasakaka made that strong statement. It could confuse people.
For the Peru PCC, it is specifically mentioned that official translation is required. I believe it is different from the usual translation, so they seem to have stressed it there. Sasakaka meant certification in context of PCC I presume.

nomad777

Jan 29, 2016
DEEPCUR said:
For the Peru PCC, it is specifically mentioned that official translation is required. I believe it is different from the usual translation, so they seem to have stressed it there. Sasakaka meant certification in context of PCC I presume.
Oh I see, yuh I can see that for Peru PCC. I didn't knew it's different for certain countries, wow.

sasakaka

Jul 31, 2016
olgac said:
BECAUSE FOR DIFFERENT COUNTRIES THEY HAVE DIFFERENT REQUIREMENTS
FOR MY COUNTRY TRANSLATION IN CANADA IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AND THIS IS REQUIRED BY CIC
MANY PEOPLE GET REJECTED DUE TO THIS REASON AND AFTER THET DID THE RIGHT WAY THEY GOT PR
AS I SAID THIS IS JUST FOR PCC, NOT FOR OTHER DOCUMENTS
CIC HAS STRICTLY REQUIREMENTS FOR PCC
THE THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW DOESN'T MEAN IT IS NOT CORRECT