+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Canceled due to police certificates

EdBell

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
My application has been canceled :'(, and CIC claims that my police certificates are not valid or not complete. Im from Peru, and on my last trip to my country I got the police certificates and I translated them here in Canada. I do not know why they say they are not valid or complete. What can I do? does anyone has some experience with this?
I would really appreciate your feedback!!

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
Your police clearance needs to be issued after you left the country.

Since you got the PCC while you were there it is invalid to CIC.

Get a new PCC and reapply.

Sorry about the refusal.

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
EdBell said:
My application has been canceled :'(, and CIC claims that my police certificates are not valid or not complete. Im from Peru, and on my last trip to my country I got the police certificates and I translated them here in Canada. I do not know why they say they are not valid or complete. What can I do? does anyone has some experience with this?
I would really appreciate your feedback!!
Police certificates are generally vaild for a year. but I think CIC encourages you to send PCC within three months of issue date on the it.

All-iz-well is right too. that could be it.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
the PCC has to be issued after you have left the country. for current residence it has to be valid for 6 months.

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
what is the exact language in the cancellation notice? It could be that your address history conflicts with the date on your PCC. As in you had a residence in a country after the PCC was issued.

EdBell

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
samroc said:
what is the exact language in the cancellation notice? It could be that your address history conflicts with the date on your PCC. As in you had a residence in a country after the PCC was issued.
This is what it says: The Police certificate from PERU that you provided with your application is not acceptable/complete.

And I just talked with someone in CIC and they don't know why it was rejected and they don't have any details of the rejection. The person at the office told me that I should send a form for they to reconsider :mad:. This is outrageous!!!!! :mad:.

I'm so pissed that It's making me reconsider staying in Canada. I know for a fact that I can make more money in the US, people that I taught and mentor that moved to the US are making more than me here in Canada. I like Canada, and I don't mind paying high taxes but if they don't want me, I know other places can pay me better for my skills.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
EdBell said:
This is what it says: The Police certificate from PERU that you provided with your application is not acceptable/complete.

And I just talked with someone in CIC and they don't know why it was rejected and they don't have any details of the rejection. The person at the office told me that I should send a form for they to reconsider :mad:. This is outrageous!!!!! :mad:.

I'm so pissed that It's making me reconsider staying in Canada. I know for a fact that I can make more money in the US, people that I taught and mentor that moved to the US are making more than me here in Canada. I like Canada, and I don't mind paying high taxes but if they don't want me, I know other places can pay me better for my skills.
Did you follow this exactly while getting your Peru PCC..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/peru.asp

Did you do an 'official translation' of the PCC?

sby123

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
EdBell said:

Before ranting like that,did you get your pcc translated officially by either of the place suggested by cic in the lijk below?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/peru.asp
if you did not then you obviously did not follow their insutrctions and your rejection is justified.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
EdBell said:
Was the PCC issued after you left the country or did you obtain it while you were in the country?

EdBell

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
sby123 said:
Before ranting like that,did you get your pcc translated officially by either of the place suggested by cic in the lijk below?
if you did not then you obviously did not follow their insutrctions and your rejection is justified.
I live in Canada so the translation was done by a certified translator here in Ontario

EdBell

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
scylla said:
Was the PCC issued after you left the country or did you obtain it while you were in the country?
Yes, it was issued after I left the country. My wife's dad send it to us after we left Peru.

EdBell

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Please any of the seniors. How can I file a reconsideration for my application?
CIC told me they were going to send me an email with the info but I haven't received anything yet.

I would really appreciate your help!

sby123

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
EdBell said:
I live in Canada so the translation was done by a certified translator here in Ontario
Dont quote me but probably certified translator isnt acceptable either. If you want to reapply , I would suggest you follow whatever is instructed by cic.

adanac_ati

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
Hi EdBell, Sorry to hear about your rejection. It seems you followed the CIC instructions. Did you submit both the original + translated version of the PCC scanned in color ?

Also can you tell us your timeline i.e dates for AOR; medicals passed etc

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
EdBell said:
Please any of the seniors. How can I file a reconsideration for my application?
CIC told me they were going to send me an email with the info but I haven't received anything yet.

I would really appreciate your help!
You need to know the real reason for this. If you have got a certificate as mentioned in the link, I really suspect translation as a reason. You need to check what official translation means.. probably something from embassy or ministry.

And they'll never consider reopening unless officer made an error. PCC rejections are quite common, so less likely to have officer made an error here.