+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Before Feb 27, 2008

ramcis

Nov 30, 2007
Dear All,

I filed skilled worker application on Jan 31, 2008 in canadian high commission pakistan and as per acknowledgement letter, office received application on Feb 01, 2008. Today i went through immigration website and according to their statistics 80% percent cases are finalized in 72 months. below is the weblink:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02a-skilled-fed.asp#asia

Currently i am working in uae and according to new rule, application after Feb 26, 2008 takes maximum of 18 months. below is the source:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/01-all.asp

Now my concern is whether i should stick with application that i filed from pakistan or i should cancel it and open new from uae??

And can i open new case while keeping the old one ?

Waiting for your comments and suggestions and if you need further detail please let me know.

Thanks & Regards

RamCis

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramcis said:
Dear All,

I filed skilled worker application on Jan 31, 2008 in canadian high commission pakistan and as per acknowledgement letter, office received application on Feb 01, 2008. Today i went through immigration website and according to their statistics 80% percent cases are finalized in 72 months. below is the weblink:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02a-skilled-fed.asp#asia

Currently i am working in uae and according to new rule, application after Feb 26, 2008 takes maximum of 18 months. below is the source:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/01-all.asp

Now my concern is whether i should stick with application that i filed from pakistan or i should cancel it and open new from uae??

Your take. Your decision.

And can i open new case while keeping the old one ?
Yes, you can. A lot of people have already done that. As long as you fulfill the ministerial criterion i.e your occupation is on the List (38) of occupations and every other criteria is fulfilled. Then, give it a shot. Good Luck.

Waiting for your comments and suggestions and if you need further detail please let me know.

Thanks & Regards

RamCis

ramcis

Nov 30, 2007
Dear BobbyB,

Thank you so much for your quick response.

Below is my detail:

Qualification: Master in Computer Sciences
Certifications: Cisco CCIE, CCVP, CCNP, CCDA, CCNA, FCNSA
Experience: 5+ years
Designation: Senior Network Engineer
Marital Status: Single
No arranged job
No relatives

According to my designation, i guess my NOC Code is "2281" that does not come under 38 Occupation List (i guess) so what you suggest i should do and can u tell me tentative duration for the whole process?

Waiting your kind reply

thanks

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramcis said:
Dear BobbyB,

Thank you so much for your quick response.

Below is my detail:

Qualification: Master in Computer Sciences
Certifications: Cisco CCIE, CCVP, CCNP, CCDA, CCNA, FCNSA
Experience: 5+ years
Designation: Senior Network Engineer
Marital Status: Single
No arranged job
No relatives

According to my designation, i guess my NOC Code is "2281" that does not come under 38 Occupation List (i guess) so what you suggest i should do and can u tell me tentative duration for the whole process?

Waiting your kind reply

thanks
Unfortunately, you may not be able to make it under the new rules - the NOC required would be 0213.

For further information ,please follow this links:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/tool/index.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

Hope this helps.
BobbyB

ramcis

Nov 30, 2007
hi BobbyB,

So you mean i cant even apply under new rule or i can apply but it will take longer? If no then shall i continue with old application and what are the chances to get immigration with old application as i have given you my detail? will i be able to get after 3 more years or i would be rejected?

Your input is highly important for me.

THanks in advance

Regards

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
If you don't fulfill the criteria for the new rules, then you will get rejected. You can apply but will get rejected.

So best to stick with your old application.

Even say you qualify with your new process, you just have to apply with the new process but not withdraw from the old process until a late stage. That way you know you will get PR.

Anyway, if you don't qualify for the new process, then you are wasting your time.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramcis said:
hi BobbyB,

So you mean i cant even apply under new rule or i can apply but it will take longer? If no then shall i continue with old application and what are the chances to get immigration with old application as i have given you my detail? will i be able to get after 3 more years or i would be rejected?

Your input is highly important for me.

THanks in advance

Regards
As rightly mentioned by Hon.Rupeshhari, I think you should stick with your old application and sit it up.
Could you confirm when you applied, your AOR date, Your visa office etc.?
Maybe people who applied at the same time, may be able to contribute and shed some light on what is happening in the visa office you applied to. I mean you can always give it a go, if you think you fulfill most or some of the duties of 0213.

Have you taken a look at the links I pasted above?

Oh, just by the way, my application is also under the old rules, and my initial- NOC- is also 2281.

BobbyB

ramcis

Nov 30, 2007
Hi Guys,

Thanks you so much for your comments and suggestions

Dear BobbyB,

On your remarks "I mean you can always give it a go, if you think you fulfill most or some of the duties of 0213.", for sure i am not doing exactly managerial work but i work as Team Lead in most of the projects and mostly probably i would promoted to Team Lead in near future. so what you this, it could come under 0213 code?

Answer to your question "Have you taken a look at the links I pasted above?" yes i did and i am trying to figure out if my work matches some of the duties of 0213.

below is the asked detail:

Applied Date: 31-01-2008
AOR Date: 01-02-2008
Visa Office: Islamabad
Qualification and experience: I have mentioned earlier in this post

If someone applied the same time, I would request to add input and suggestions. I heard from my friend that eventhough CIC says 80% cases finalized in 72 months but now a days they processing faster. If someone has any information about this, please share with me.

One option i think of is to apply for Australian Immigration as its process is faster. I would really appreciate if you guys could comments on this specially canada vs australia specifically in my case as IT professional and pakistani.

Your comments and suggestions are highly important for me.

Thanks

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t30408.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t14527.0.html