+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Approved!!!!!!

egosheep

Nov 28, 2010
My wife is in Toronto and I am in Atlanta. They recieved my PR application on July 1st. I just tonight got a letter dated September 29th saying that I have been approved and no interview is needed! ;D :eek: I need to pay my right of permanent residence fee within 60 days, and I believe that is it. There was language about sending paperwork, but only the fee was listed as something they needed.

Can I mail the ROPM fee, or does it have to be hand delivered? Any advice would be appreciated. What's next? Once they get the fee, is there a time table for how long it takes them to complete everything and issue the visa?

I'd like to thank all the members of this board for their sometimes direct, but mostly indirect help, through my reading of other peoples issues. This was a great resource for planning and sending the application, and it helped avert a lot of worry.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
please pay fee online and send pymt proof to assress below u may wanna fax ur VO as well

RPRF payments or other correspondence:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

claudiakee

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-june-2012
Doc's Request.
10-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
13-Sept-2012
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2012
Med's Done....
May-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-Jan-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-Jan-2013
Congratulations! I am really happy to hear that someone got approved so fast! This just boosted my confidence in my application!

My husband and I are trying to apply for immigration ( my husband's Canadian and I am an international student in Canada), forms are still in process of filling. but I am really interested in which office have you send your application to? Cuz my husband and I are deciding if we should send it back to my home country or should we send it to the office in Buffalo New York.

Thank you very much and once again Congrats!!!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It can take up to six weeks for the fee payment to be processed after you have submitted proof of payment. But that's definitely not set in stone and hopefully you'll see a faster turn-around time.

egosheep

Nov 28, 2010
Thanks so much for the address and information on the turn around time. The $490 fee is payable in US dollars, I assume.

Claudia, I sent my application to Mississauga and it was forwarded to Buffalo after my wife was approved as a sponsor. One possible reason for the speed of my case is that my wife and I have been married over 8 years! I included timestamped photos from our marriage, honeymoon and every year together. I also included 2 inch stack of printed emails from when we had a long distance relationship.

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
You'll likely pay online and print the receipt from your account and I *think* the amount is in Canadian dollars. When you get to the page to select what you are paying, it says "All prices are in Canadian dollars."

And congrats, this is insanely speedy!

claudiakee

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-june-2012
Doc's Request.
10-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
13-Sept-2012
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2012
Med's Done....
May-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-Jan-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-Jan-2013
egosheep said:
Thanks so much for the address and information on the turn around time. The $490 fee is payable in US dollars, I assume.

Claudia, I sent my application to Mississauga and it was forwarded to Buffalo after my wife was approved as a sponsor. One possible reason for the speed of my case is that my wife and I have been married over 8 years! I included timestamped photos from our marriage, honeymoon and every year together. I also included 2 inch stack of printed emails from when we had a long distance relationship.
Thank you egosheep! My husband and I was in a long distance relationship before we got married too:) it was a hard time but was definitely worth the wait. I ll probably include some of our msn records and Skype messages after you mentioned to me. Thank you again!

egosheep

Nov 28, 2010
When the visa is approved/sent out, what will the expiry be in terms of when I have to travel by? Does it vary, or is it always the same?

F

Frank25

can i ask you how you did with the police certification? or you just applied outland?

egosheep

Nov 28, 2010
I was outland, I waited to get my clearances and sent it with the whole application.

I also traveled back and forth to Canada at least 3 times since I filed with no issues or questions about my status.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
egosheep said:
When the visa is approved/sent out, what will the expiry be in terms of when I have to travel by? Does it vary, or is it always the same?
It will expire at the one-year anniversary of your medical, or the expiration of your passport, whichever is first (usually the medical).

claudiakee

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-june-2012
Doc's Request.
10-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
13-Sept-2012
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2012
Med's Done....
May-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-Jan-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-Jan-2013
egosheep said:
I was outland, I waited to get my clearances and sent it with the whole application.

I also traveled back and forth to Canada at least 3 times since I filed with no issues or questions about my status.
hi ego sheep, I been having trouble with the police certificates too. May I Know what do u mean by "get your clearances" ? Does that mean after My husband's (who is going to be the sponsor) assessment as a sponsor is approved, the CIC will send the whole application package back to us? Or that we are suppose to send the whole package to CIC and then they will forward to the appropriate office for us after approval of sponsorship?

egosheep

Nov 28, 2010
Hi Claudia, no, nothing is sent back to you.

One question I have: is the RPRF definately payable online? I didn't recieve any warning not to pay online, but have read some things on another thread here that seemed to indicate that paying online was a no-no if filing through Buffalo. Can someone clarify one way or another?

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
claudiakee said:
Congratulations! I am really happy to hear that someone got approved so fast! This just boosted my confidence in my application!

My husband and I are trying to apply for immigration ( my husband's Canadian and I am an international student in Canada), forms are still in process of filling. but I am really interested in which office have you send your application to? Cuz my husband and I are deciding if we should send it back to my home country or should we send it to the office in Buffalo New York.

Thank you very much and once again Congrats!!!!!
hello cladiake, you are in the same situation as my wife. i think i am well placed to answer your question. my wife is international like you but we are in quebec. we have done inland app and send them to vigreville, alberta,...that's where all app are sent for inland. do everything from filling app to medical to police cert in your home country and canada as well and send them together with photos and proofs. we send out our app in june 2011 and they sent us a letter to do quebec in october 2011. it seems like everyting is going fine so far.