+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application approved in March, what next?

Mo.kate

Oct 15, 2019
Hi guys!

Did anyone got PPR since March?
I contacted CIC on March 20 - the date when 6 months period end and immigration officer wrote me back on March 25 that my application is approved and I should get further information soon... since then I didn’t recived anything, I tried to contact cic through web form but they send me only general information that they working with limited staff... my current LMIA based work permit expires on may 26 and I don’t know what my status in Canada is, am I work permit holder or permanent resident? I’m from visa free country and I don’t need to submit passport to visa office - just copy and I Can stay in Canada as A visitor for 6 months but I can’t work... I’m inland CEC Applicant, my online account still shows that my application is in progress and last update was on October 14 - medical passed.
Applying for bridging visa takes 1-3 months so I don’t know if that any sense...

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi guys!

Did anyone got PPR since March?
I contacted CIC on March 20 - the date when 6 months period end and immigration officer wrote me back on March 25 that my application is approved and I should get further information soon... since then I didn’t recived anything, I tried to contact cic through web form but they send me only general information that they working with limited staff... my current LMIA based work permit expires on may 26 and I don’t know what my status in Canada is, am I work permit holder or permanent resident? I’m from visa free country and I don’t need to submit passport to visa office - just copy and I Can stay in Canada as A visitor for 6 months but I can’t work... I’m inland CEC Applicant, my online account still shows that my application is in progress and last update was on October 14 - medical passed.
Applying for bridging visa takes 1-3 months so I don’t know if that any sense...
When you apply for BOWP you earn implied status immediately, and can continue to work until a decision is made in your PR application. You don't need to wait until your BOWP application is approved.

You must apply for BOWP before your current WP expires, that is within the next 2 days. Otherwise you'll have to stop working starting on Tuesday...

Your status will be PR once you've landed and receive your COPR. Likely your application has been marked as approved but they still need to make a final review before notifying you. In my case it took 3 months since I was told my application was approved until I finally received the confirmation email and instructions for the landing.

Everything is delayed due to COVID-19, so it might take some time before you can change your status to PR.

Last edited:

Mo.kate

Oct 15, 2019
When you apply for BOWP you earn implied status immediately, and can continue to work until a decision is made in your PR application. You don't need to wait until your BOWP application is approved.

You must apply for BOWP before your current WP expires, that is within the next 2 days. Otherwise you'll have to stop working starting on Tuesday...

Your status will be PR once you've landed and receive your COPR. Likely your application has been marked as approved but they still need to make a final review before notifying you. In my case it took 3 months since I was told my application was approved until I finally received the confirmation email and instructions for the landing.

Everything is delayed due to COVID-19, so it might take some time before you can change your status to PR.
thank you so Much, I just applied for open work permit.
Do you think I can change my employer? I’m healthcare professional and my current workplace is closed due to covid and I could help more by working in hospital than siting at home...