+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application already in process.

sunset

Dec 6, 2007
My application for spousal permanent residence sponsorship application was sent to the Canadian High Commission of Islamabad last year.

I read on the CIC website about maximum wait times. In October of 2006 I left to Pakistan thinking my Husband and I would be coming back together. I spent over a year there. It is now December of 2007!

I had a miscarriage there, I ended up with malaria for two months, coupled with a lot of health and stress issues. I am now once again pregnant, and finally came back to Canada to have proper check ups and continue with my work and education.

I have exhausted all forms of contact with the CHC in Islamabad, in Canada and everywhere else. The only answer I am getting is that it takes time for them to complete background checks. I am sure it does, but if it takes OVER A YEAR what am I to do? I deserve to know what is going on with my case. I live alone, my parents died when I was 12, and I have no family here.

Who do I contact, where do I get information? How do I speed up my process before my due date (which is very soon)... I am extremely upset, and stressed out with the pregnancy and my current sponsorship situation.

He has even had an interview done which was successful, and he was told in the interview that they would try their best to finish the process as fast as they can due to my current condition. His interview was in August of 2007. It is now December.

What do I do?

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
From reading other postings, it seems a few people have had a bit of luck contacting their local MPs and requesting their assistance.

I'd give your MP a call and see what the process is.

Otherwise I can only suggest you apply for your CAIPS notes to see what is outstanding, it will take a little time to process the request but at least it might give you an idea of what's happening.

Good luck, I hope you hear something soon.

sunset

Dec 6, 2007
thank you for the reply.

I have. He has sent a letter twice. The first time, they informed him that we would be receiving a letter shortly. We did, we got an interview letter in August of this year.

When I came back to Canada in October of this year, I requested him to send another letter. He did, and the only reply they got was that they were conducting background checks. I will for sure ask him to send another one.

If its not a problem... explain CAIPS please lol ... :-o

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
You're welcome.

It's possible to obtain a copy of the notes CIC has been making on your file - for an inland application they are called FOSS notes, for an outside application it's CAIPS.

It's a list of codes, abbreviations and dates (and there are some threads on this site about reading them) and it will show what parts of the application have been finished and what is still outstanding.

You can order them free from the CIC website here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf