+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants with SCORE range 300 - 350 can Network here! | Express Entry 2015

questionsasked

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Which is why I said probably.

Under Skills transferability, one gets 50 points for CLB 7 or more on all first official language abilities, with one or more under CLB 9 OR 100 points when all abilities are CLB 9 or more. This bonus of 50 points though happens only if one has a Masters degree and 3+ years of foreign work experience. And that could be the difference between being eligible for a PNP or not.

Are the points expected to drop anywhere below 450? *fingers crossed*

dsharma9

Star Member
May 3, 2014
I have a question. You need either PNP nomination or job offer with LMIA to get 600 points. PNP nomination requires job offer for most provinces. So why anyone who has a job offer apply for PNP nomination ? Is it the case that job offer in case of PNP does not requires LMIA ?

kendi

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Davao City/Makati City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Waiting for docs thru snail mail
Nomination.....
App returned due to cap fill. Going to try express entry.
LANDED..........
[IMG]http://www.animatedgif.net/flags/flagscan/canada_gl_e0.gif[/img]
Hi there!

May I ask how the job bank works? And do you know anyone who got an offer from the job bank?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dsharma9 said:
I have a question. You need either PNP nomination or job offer with LMIA to get 600 points. PNP nomination requires job offer for most provinces. So why anyone who has a job offer apply for PNP nomination ? Is it the case that job offer in case of PNP does not requires LMIA ?
Every job offer doesn't get you 600 points. Only job offers which are supported by a positive LMIA (Labor Market Impact Assessment) will get you 600 points. And those aren't easily available yet.

Read about LMIA here ---> http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/permanent/index.shtml

dsharma9

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Every job offer doesn't get you 600 points. Only job offers which are supported by a positive LMIA (Labor Market Impact Assessment) will get you 600 points. And those aren't easily available yet.

Read about LMIA here ---> http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/permanent/index.shtml
Then what's the point of getting PNP nomination if you have job offer that is LMIA positive ? Why do provinces insist on job offer within province for nomination when anyone who has a job offer (positive LMIA) will not need it ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dsharma9 said:
Then what's the point of getting PNP nomination if you have job offer that is LMIA positive ? Why do provinces insist on job offer within province for nomination when anyone who has a job offer (positive LMIA) will not need it ?
Because getting an LMIA positive assessment isn't possible for every job and it is virtually impossible to get an LMIA positive job from outside Canada. Read the information in the link.

Provinces insist on job offer within the provinces because they want to ensure that people who get their PN stay in the province and do not just use the PN as an entry into Canada.

Anyone who has an LMIA job will not use PN route to get PR, they will simply use their LMIA to get 600 points.

new_day

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
dsharma9 said:
When job is a requirement for getting PNP then you have to follow the rules of respective PNP, if (for example)any province nominate applicant for any job inside their region then the applicant will apply at EE as an applicant with PNP; here CIC will not look for whether the job is LMIA approved or not; because in that case the job was province's requirement not CIC's.
When someone want to Claim point for his job (while applying at EE)then it is must be LMIA supported.

dsharma9

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Because getting an LMIA positive assessment isn't possible for every job and it is virtually impossible to get an LMIA positive job from outside Canada. Read the information in the link.

Provinces insist on job offer within the provinces because they want to ensure that people who get their PN stay in the province and do not just use the PN as an entry into Canada.

Anyone who has an LMIA job will not use PN route to get PR, they will simply use their LMIA to get 600 points.
So basically one can get a job offer letter from any employer in a province who does not care to perform LMIA assessment, and then approach the province, correct ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dsharma9 said:
So basically one can get a job offer letter from any employer in a province who does not care to perform LMIA assessment, and then approach the province, correct ?
For certain PNP programs which have the eligibility criterion of having a job offer in the province, Yes. That job need not be LMIA supported.

andycan

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
For certain PNP programs which have the eligibility criterion of having a job offer in the province, Yes. That job need not be LMIA supported.
Job Bank not yet Opened.....

zen2x

Aug 30, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2016
Asivad Anac said:
So would this mean if I get a job offer in a specific province, I won't require the employer for a positive LMIA anymore? I am applying for SINP and there was indeed a job offer for me there but the employer is still taking chances for a positive LMIA to get me there. Should I tell them LMIA is not anymore required? Thanks for the help.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zen2x said:
So would this mean if I get a job offer in a specific province, I won't require the employer for a positive LMIA anymore? I am applying for SINP and there was indeed a job offer for me there but the employer is still taking chances for a positive LMIA to get me there. Should I tell them LMIA is not anymore required? Thanks for the help.
No.

It only means that if you secure the nomination, you are guaranteed 600 points hence guaranteed an ITA in the next draw. In such a scenario, you wouldn't need an LMIA positive job offer. If you can't secure a PN, you'll still need an LMIA positive job offer to get those 600 extra points.

Hope that clarifies. All the best!

Amir62

Feb 10, 2015
Istanbul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will be appreciated if you share my a link which donates me useful info about How Can I Calculate My Scores ?
Thank you in advance