Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2015
Nomination.....
28/03/2016
AOR Received.
27/04/2016
Hi All,
Anyone got positive result of Job Match in Job bank.

At least positive job match? :'(

dsharma9

Star Member
May 3, 2014
sraj07 said:
I submitted the EOI today at 8.30 am NB time
You need to sign a declaration that you would be residing in New Brunswick. Is that something like a "labor bond" and what are the
penalties ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dsharma9 said:
You need to sign a declaration that you would be residing in New Brunswick. Is that something like a "labor bond" and what are the
penalties ?
No. It is simply a declaration of intent. Not a contract. There are no penalties.

Provinces are naturally selfish of the immigrants that they bring in because it costs them money to bring in quality talent and they would appreciate if the talent isn't just using them to get entry into Canada. They would also be keen on the immigrant talent settling down in the province to add to the provincial tax kitty. Which explains the insistence on getting the declaration of intent signed upfront.

However, the constitution always has the last word.

Notwithstanding anything else to the contrary, The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms allows the following mobility rights to citizen and PR.

http://publications.gc.ca/collections/Collection/CH37-4-3-2002E.pdf

Mobility Rights

6.(1) Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.

(2) Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right

(a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and
(b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.

(3) The rights specified in subsection (2) are subject to

(a) any laws or practices of general application in force in a province other than those that discriminate among persons primarily on the basis of
province of present or previous residence; and
(b) any laws providing for reasonable residency requirements as a qualification for the receipt of publicly provided social services.

ahmad2325

Jun 22, 2014
Muscat,Oman
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am from exhibition and events industry and my score is 332 , you do guys think that with this score i can get ITA.

thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmad2325 said:
I am from exhibition and events industry and my score is 332 , you do guys think that with this score i can get ITA.

thanks
Unfortunately, No. That score is too low for an ITA. Try to improve your score.

All the best!

dsharma9

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Unfortunately, No. That score is too low for an ITA. Try to improve your score.

All the best!
I have a score of 348. What can I do to improve score ? Only thing I can do is get my spouse degree credentials evaluated by WES and perhaps make her sit for IELTS. Will that make any difference ?

fzlhmt

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2014
Nomination.....
06/10/2014
AOR Received.
24/03/2015
Med's Request
03/04/2015
Med's Done....
02/02/2015
Interview........
RPRF- 24 June 2015
Passport Req..
20 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Inland
My friend has an open work permit and its about to expire. He has 350 points for EE. We have a non skilled LMIA . if he applies under a non skilled LMIA can he use the 600 points towards his EE score?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dsharma9 said:
I have a score of 348. What can I do to improve score ? Only thing I can do is get my spouse degree credentials evaluated by WES and perhaps make her sit for IELTS. Will that make any difference ?
That will make a difference of anywhere between 0 and 30 points depending on her credentials and her IELTS score. What is your IELTS score?

You can gain a lot of points under CRS if your IELTS score is at least CLB 9 - that would happen with 8 in Listening and 7 in Reading, Writing and Speaking.

dsharma9

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
That will make a difference of anywhere between 0 and 30 points depending on her credentials and her IELTS score. What is your IELTS score?

You can gain a lot of points under CRS if your IELTS score is at least CLB 9 - that would happen with 8 in Listening and 7 in Reading, Writing and Speaking.
I have 8.5 listening, 7.5 reading, 7.0 writing, 6.5 speaking :(. Would another IELTS appearance help ?

I want to get Canadian PR and continue working for myself as I am doing here in India. Seems like all visa options have some issues. NBPNP terms says no no to self employed candidates. Startup visa has unnecessary conditions of raising capital or be approved by Accelerator. The only programs I can find that are doable are NB or Manitoba business immigration programs which only give work permit (not PR), but I am not sure if these provinces are too cold to live or too isolated.

The best hope to boost the chance is to get a job offer (which I will not take once I get PR). This may be very difficult but most viable option vis-a-vis others. Anyone has any tips on how to get a job offer while being in India ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dsharma9 said:
I have 8.5 listening, 7.5 reading, 7.0 writing, 6.5 speaking :(. Would another IELTS appearance help ?

That piddly half point is probably costing you a provincial nomination. If your IELTS attempt was within the last 6 weeks, you can apply for revaluation. If revaluation isn't possible, I strongly recommend a retest to get to CLB 9.

I want to get Canadian PR and continue working for myself as I am doing here in India. Seems like all visa options have some issues. NBPNP terms says no no to self employed candidates. Startup visa has unnecessary conditions of raising capital or be approved by Accelerator. The only programs I can find that are doable are NB or Manitoba business immigration programs which only give work permit (not PR), but I am not sure if these provinces are too cold to live or too isolated.

The best hope to boost the chance is to get a job offer (which I will not take once I get PR). This may be very difficult but most viable option vis-a-vis others. Anyone has any tips on how to get a job offer while being in India ?

Some members on the forum have reported about an organization which is apparently active in the LMIA job space. Take a look and decide for yourselves. (www.skillsinternational.com)

dsharma9

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
That piddly half point is probably costing you a provincial nomination.
If I am not wrong, a jump from CLB8 to CLB9 will only fetch 32 points, which will make the score 380. How will that score earn Provincial Nomination ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dsharma9 said:
If I am not wrong, a jump from CLB8 to CLB9 will only fetch 32 points, which will make the score 380. How will that score earn Provincial Nomination ?
Which is why I said probably.

Under Skills transferability, one gets 50 points for CLB 7 or more on all first official language abilities, with one or more under CLB 9 OR 100 points when all abilities are CLB 9 or more. This bonus of 50 points though happens only if one has a Masters degree and 3+ years of foreign work experience. And that could be the difference between being eligible for a PNP or not.