+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants waiting for more than 2 years interested in Mandamus with a firm as a group meet here !!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a feeling a lot of people are just scared of Mandamus or the idea of taking any sort of legal action against the government.
Think most don’t want to spend many thousands because they will get citizenship without taking action (maybe even before mandamus results) and if live in Canada and want to remain in Canada it isn’t having a big enough impact on their lives to warrant action.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Think most don’t want to spend many thousands because they will get citizenship without taking action (maybe even before mandamus results) and if live in Canada and want to remain in Canada it isn’t having a big enough impact on their lives to warrant action.
The issue is that currently there is no other way to get an update or see any progress on you application rather than mandamus. While IRCC is busy with sending test invite to feb/march 2021 applicants, many who applied 1.5-2 yrs still waiting for a test invite without getting a meaningful update!! What if our files are lost during this mess!! Also the issue is the process fairness, it should be fair. Also, the applicants should request the application and legal fee to be paid by IRCC.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The issue is that currently there is no other way to get an update or see any progress on you application rather than mandamus. While IRCC is busy with sending test invite to feb/march 2021 applicants, many who applied 1.5-2 yrs still waiting for a test invite without getting a meaningful update!! What if our files are lost during this mess!! Also the issue is the process fairness, it should be fair. Also, the applicants should request the application and legal fee to be paid by IRCC.
Think it is very unlikely that you will get your thousands of dollars reimbursed by the government. Covid creating delays will be a powerful argument. If you apply for mandamus go in expecting that you will not get any money back. It is a personal decision and a financial decision everyone will need to make.

Reactions: luvtrump

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Think it is very unlikely that you will get your thousands of dollars reimbursed by the government. Covid creating delays will be a powerful argument. If you apply for mandamus go in expecting that you will not get any money back. It is a personal decision and a financial decision everyone will need to make.
It could be an argument if IRCC has been processing applications based on date received but clearly not the case. While 2021 applicants receiving DM and oath invite there should be no 2019-early 2020 applicants should be waiting for test. Why covid is not affecting them. The issue right now is negligence not simply delay.

Zoomer

Jun 22, 2021
It could be an argument if IRCC has been processing applications based on date received but clearly not the case. While 2021 applicants receiving DM and oath invite there should be no 2019-early 2020 applicants should be waiting for test. Why covid is not affecting them. The issue right now is negligence not simply delay.
I agree. They are picking applications on a random basis. There are applicants like myself who applied early 2019 who have not yet received a test date and people who applied way after me and who have already done their tests. Where is the fairness in that. At this point I am willing to pay if it will expedite the process. My PR card is expired and I am not able to travel , renew ID’s or do anything because of this.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I agree. They are picking applications on a random basis. There are applicants like myself who applied early 2019 who have not yet received a test date and people who applied way after me and who have already done their tests. Where is the fairness in that. At this point I am willing to pay if it will expedite the process. My PR card is expired and I am not able to travel , renew ID’s or do anything because of this.
Exactly, I don’t mind to wait in the line if everyone else is waiting but apparently 2021 applicants are getting test invites now. Also test invite is the first step of the processing in the local office. BG is conducted by CIO Sydney and your initial step is test which mean no one even opened your file yet after 2 years. Mandamus will definitely speed up but i suggest first we seek option for a class action lawsuit (cheaper) due to negligence which I believe we have the proof. Stats are available through atip.

Zoomer

Jun 22, 2021
Exactly, I don’t mind to wait in the line if everyone else is waiting but apparently 2021 applicants are getting test invites now. Also test invite is the first step of the processing in the local office. BG is conducted by CIO Sydney and your initial step is test which mean no one even opened your file yet after 2 years. Mandamus will definitely speed up but i suggest first we seek option for a class action lawsuit (cheaper) due to negligence which I believe we have the proof. Stats are available through atip.
How would we go about filing a class action lawsuit?

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Almost makes you want to withdraw and re-apply since new applicants are getting processed faster. Just insane how they work through the backlog.