+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants waiting for background checks!!!!!!!!

Jianadaren

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
mid-09-2010
AOR Received.
late-10-2010
File Transfer...
late-10-2010
Med's Done....
mid-08-2010
Passport Req..
mid-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
late-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-11-2011
guys,

did anyone contact CBSA? how to contact them?

got a reply from CSIS - they've finished their part of checks and provided them to CIC in the beginning of February (it took less than a month). CIC is still telling us that there are b/checks ongoing. does this mean they have CBSA involved as well?

H

humpakwatan

I was also told that my file is in Background checks but when I contacted CSIS they said they do not have my files so that means CSBA or some other agency is doing the background checks. I would also like to know if there is a way to contact CSBA to confirm if they have the file or not.

H

humpakwatan

Canada Border Services Agency
Paul Colpitts
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Leima Building
410 Laurier Avenue West, 11th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0L8
Tel.: (613) 941-7431
Fax: (613) 957-6408
"Paul.Colpitts@CBSA-ASFC.gc.ca"

I found this from a different forum you can try calling that.

Jianadaren

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
mid-09-2010
AOR Received.
late-10-2010
File Transfer...
late-10-2010
Med's Done....
mid-08-2010
Passport Req..
mid-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
late-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-11-2011
humpakwatan said:
I found this from a different forum you can try calling that.
humpakwatan, thank you so much and respect to you! :))

have you contacted them yourself?

we've sent them an e-mail and they responded to us back on the next day telling that they haven't received any request for b/checks - even referred us to order CAIPS notes.

I'm confused - looks like CIC London delaying our file just because they can.. shall we go to MP instead of wasting time trying to "patiently wait" .. not sure if this will be of any help?! ???

H

humpakwatan

Jianadaren said:
humpakwatan, thank you so much and respect to you! :))

have you contacted them yourself?

we've sent them an e-mail and they responded to us back on the next day telling that they haven't received any request for b/checks - even referred us to order CAIPS notes.

I'm confused - looks like CIC London delaying our file just because they can.. shall we go to MP instead of wasting time trying to "patiently wait" .. not sure if this will be of any help?! ???
No I have not contacted them myself but I will be once I receive my caips notes that i have ordered last week.

I think that means that they have not started background checks on your file yet. You should order CAIPS notes to see what is going on with your file and it can also show you weather or not the background checks have completed and if the initial review has been done. You can also try emailing them to find out any updates on your file to see what they say?

Regarding contacting MP I have found it to be useless for myself. The MPs give same info you can get by emailing CHC but you could give that a shot. From other cases I have concluded that MPs are only helpful if the embassy has completed background checks and asked for your passport, then your MP can get them to send the passport back faster.

Romain

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Kitchener Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
15-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-01-2010
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
How do you understand from your CAIPS (actually GCMS) notes that your background check is complete ?

On the notes a got a couple weeks ago i could see:

- Activity Security : PASSED
- Activity Criminality: NOT STARTED

Because i want to tell myself good news i believe that the background check are part of the Security activity which the Criminality Activity is more about the Police Certificates. However i could be wrong....

Jianadaren

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
mid-09-2010
AOR Received.
late-10-2010
File Transfer...
late-10-2010
Med's Done....
mid-08-2010
Passport Req..
mid-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
late-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-11-2011
humpakwatan said:

I think that means that they have not started background checks on your file yet. You should order CAIPS notes to see what is going on with your file and it can also show you weather or not the background checks have completed and if the initial review has been done. You can also try emailing them to find out any updates on your file to see what they say?

Regarding contacting MP I have found it to be useless for myself. The MPs give same info you can get by emailing CHC but you could give that a shot. From other cases I have concluded that MPs are only helpful if the embassy has completed background checks and asked for your passport, then your MP can get them to send the passport back faster.
we've ordered 3 sets of CAIPS before, as well as emailed VO London few times. in the notes and emails BOTH they say they're awaiting background inquiries back to VO?!?! CSIS completed and sent back their conclusion 7 months ago, CBSA never received the request. It means that literally VO L just never bothered to open our file / haven't even opened checks from CSIS... to our last email - case status inquiry with copies of responses from both agencies, VO didn't bother to reply. That is why we decided to go to MP - mb this will slightly help so VO will open our case.

gurish28

Oct 27, 2011
Indra1981 said:
Jianadaren - can u update me as to what happened with your background checks. Thanks
Hello, I am hoping someone can assist me with my inquiry.

Could someone please let me know who conducts background checks for outland applications. (New Delhi office for me). Is it CSIS/CBSA or an outside agency hired by New delhi.

Could someone please pelase let me know.

Thanks in advance.