File Transfer...
AOR: March 6th 2015.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ghostrideryu said:
P.S. I have managed to secure lowest skilled minimum wage work as soon as I land via some fellow I know from home country, would this make me POF exempt at port of entry if above plan is not OK from CIC point of view. What documents should I present as proof of work if that is feasible option?
i was thinking the same thing when deciding what to do with funds. i've contacted RBC and CIBC, which as i understood are best option for banking in AB, and concluded that opening account from abroad, is not of much help. i was rather concerned with provisions, since my money is in euros, and i was looking for best option to transfer it to CAD, and lose as less as possible. but, it is inevitable, so, i'll transfer it here all in CAD and take all with us.

as for you, i think you have to have a valid job offer with you, that is an offer from your future employer with all details about the job, in order to not be in obligation to present POF. i still think you're safer with just having your POF with you. I know several people who are already in CA, and they took only for example 2.000 CAD with them, and the rest just brought an updated bank statement, stating the rest of amount. so you can do either.

strangersr

Jul 11, 2013
Uzice
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/14/2014
Doc's Request.
Received by CIO: Nov. 24th 2014.
Nomination.....
CC charged Jan. 18th 2015.
AOR Received.
PER: Feb 13th
IELTS Request
Included/ Ecas got live on Jan 30th
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
and since we are on this topic...

what is the deal about POF (this question does not have anything to do with gosthrideryu question)?
as saw many people, not just on this thread, but on other threads too, discussing it at length. declaring over 10.000 CAD takes 15 minutes more at the airport, and that's all the hassle about it. i know that people don't want to carry all that money on them, i don't like it either, but this is a one time in life we are obliged to do it, and we'll survive. after spending at least 20 hours at the airports, 15 more minutes won't change much is it just me, or i don't get some other issues about it?

ghostrideryu

Oct 18, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-11-2014 CC Charged....: 09-01-2015
Nomination.....
03-02-2015 PER
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
strangersr said:
and since we are on this topic...

what is the deal about POF (this question does not have anything to do with gosthrideryu question)?
as saw many people, not just on this thread, but on other threads too, discussing it at length. declaring over 10.000 CAD takes 15 minutes more at the airport, and that's all the hassle about it. i know that people don't want to carry all that money on them, i don't like it either, but this is a one time in life we are obliged to do it, and we'll survive. after spending at least 20 hours at the airports, 15 more minutes won't change much is it just me, or i don't get some other issues about it?
I see I have set interesting topic.
This is how I see it.

I have to travel 24 hours almost with 5 hours waiting time in Poland, where I might sleep couple of time with 20K eur with me all the time.

Once I reach my hotel in Canada I will have to sleep ther for a night since I will be there on Sunday and will not be able to go to the bank straight from airport.

So to me that is tok much exposure of my precious belongings.
For that reason I thought to do as proposed but will decide after CIC gives their instruction.
Thanks everyone for participating in this discussion.

I am sure it is of use to all.

strangersr

Jul 11, 2013
Uzice
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/14/2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ghostrideryu said:
This is how I see it.

I have to travel 24 hours almost with 5 hours waiting time in Poland, where I might sleep couple of time with 20K eur with me all the time.

Once I reach my hotel in Canada I will have to sleep ther for a night since I will be there on Sunday and will not be able to go to the bank straight from airport.

For that reason I thought to do as proposed but will decide after CIC gives their instruction.

i see your point. especially if you're traveling alone.
we have two small kids, so there is no chance to take a nap at all while traveling, and once we land, our family is picking us up, and i never even thought of those circumstances you've mentioned. thanks for clarification!

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
ghostrideryu said:
This is how I see it.

Hey, just a suggestion.
Can you check if there is an option to open a Canadian bank account from your home country.

I too find carrying too much cash really uncomfortable.

Just saying because this is what I will be doing, once I have Visa (with God's grace).
Scotia bank have some branches in few of Indian cities, and they open a bank account and provide debit cards, even before travel.
They allow to deposit upto 50K CAD and also provide a bank statement to be used as POF.

Please check if you can do something similar. It will make life much more easier.

mfmf

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2013
Nomination.....
PER:11-10-2013
Med's Request
01-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-10-2014; additional doc. feb.2015
Passport Req..
25-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
emiiuki said:
On the way from Greece we've received our PPR.
Hope we won't have the same effect to canadian economy!
Congrats!!! :) :) :)

Poco_cro

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15.12.2014. (3rd time!)
Nomination.....
PER 03.03.2015
IELTS Request
send with app
Med's Request
Med's Done....
ghostrideryu said:
This is how I see it.

Here is a little tip for everyone ...
Unicredit (bank) group probably has offices in your country so maybe a person could deposit his/hers money on the foreign currency account (devizni racun) and bank would issue a new Visa card who should work everywhere in the world...
Here are some links to the Unicredit group so please make an enquiry in your home country.

http://www.relbanks.com/europe/italy/unicredit-group

America & Canada branch offices
http://www.relbanks.com/north-america/canada

Should this work?

Vikiwow

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
PER 15.10.2014
Med's Request
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
After asking and thinking for some time we decided to take nostro cheque (we can get it in komercijalna banka here) with the required amount of money. Additionally, we will take some cad and usd with us cause we have 1 day waiting time in Istanbul. Really don't know what will be the fee to exchange it in Canada, but since we "lost" some due to exchange rate these days I don't care. I am not sure that credit or debit card works and also a bank statement. As I've read so far from India you can open bank account in Canada and transfer the money there. Also if primary applicant travels first he must have pof at entry and later family members can enter and no one will ask them about money.

ITZ

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi everyone,

As I can see from your posts you have lots of dilemma how to bring the money in Canada, whether cash or nostro cheques. We brought the money in cash in total amount of 20k CAD. For us that was the easiest way, maybe not the safest but for sure easiest. If we had nostro cheque then would have costed us 4% bank fee which is good amount of money for a secure transfer :).
When we arrived the immigration officer asked us how much money we carry with us, but he did not ask to show him the money nor to prove the origin of the money. Be honest with him/her and do not lie about anything because it might be with very bad consequences.

Regarding the goods that will follow, you have to declare them once you are in port of entry in Canada in order to have them clear of customs soon they arrive in Canada. Prior arriving in Canada you have to make a list of goods to bring and goods to follow, you can download the B4 form on cic website. This is a must, because the customs officer will ask for them, especially for goods that follows. If you are unable to provide them with this list, everything that will arrive later on, will be subject to customs clearance.

With us everything went smooth and easy, the whole procedure from landing until we got in our friend's car, took us not more than one hour :D. Everyone, starting from the officer at the port of entry, then the immigration officer, then the customs officer all of them with a huge smile wished us a great welcome in Canada.

I wish to all of you the same landing expirience as our. Hope to see you in Canada very soon and all the best.

The most recent Canadian :D, only six days. :p

mfmf

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2013
Nomination.....
PER:11-10-2013
Med's Request
01-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-10-2014; additional doc. feb.2015
Passport Req..
25-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
ITZ said:
Hi everyone,

As I can see from your posts you have lots of dilemma how to bring the money in Canada, whether cash or nostro cheques. We brought the money in cash in total amount of 20k CAD. For us that was the easiest way, maybe not the safest but for sure easiest. If we had nostro cheque then would have costed us 4% bank fee which is good amount of money for a secure transfer :).
When we arrived the immigration officer asked us how much money we carry with us, but he did not ask to show him the money nor to prove the origin of the money. Be honest with him/her and do not lie about anything because it might be with very bad consequences.

Regarding the goods that will follow, you have to declare them once you are in port of entry in Canada in order to have them clear of customs soon they arrive in Canada. Prior arriving in Canada you have to make a list of goods to bring and goods to follow, you can download the B4 form on cic website. This is a must, because the customs officer will ask for them, especially for goods that follows. If you are unable to provide them with this list, everything that will arrive later on, will be subject to customs clearance.

With us everything went smooth and easy, the whole procedure from landing until we got in our friend's car, took us not more than one hour :D. Everyone, starting from the officer at the port of entry, then the immigration officer, then the customs officer all of them with a huge smile wished us a great welcome in Canada.

I wish to all of you the same landing expirience as our. Hope to see you in Canada very soon and all the best.

Thank you so much for the info!!!

Good luck with jobs and happy new life!!!

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
ITZ said:
Hi everyone,

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing your experience.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
TLU updated. Medicals received. One step closer. ;D ;D ;D ;D

strangersr

Jul 11, 2013
Uzice
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/14/2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rprf has finally arrived!!

...and i got TLU.. actually, in my case, the second one, since the third one came first... :p anyhow, they've started processing my app on juyly 2?!?! :eek:

i have a question though!
when filling the table, I should fill in my husband's info (date of birth), since i paid with his CC, and in the column where says Client ID, i fill in my UCI, right (i am a primary applicant)?

emiiuki

Dec 14, 2012
Novi Sad
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 03.11.2014.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Congratulations!
Are you going to Vienna in person or mailing your passports?
We planned to go by bus on monday, but if find company would go by car....
Can't answer your question about cc since I'm going to make a payment tonight (I swept all the money during the vacation so have to wait when the yesterday's payment appears).

strangersr said:
rprf has finally arrived!!

...and i got TLU.. actually, in my case, the second one, since the third one came first... :p anyhow, they've started processing my app on juyly 2?!?! :eek:

i have a question though!
when filling the table, I should fill in my husband's info (date of birth), since i paid with his CC, and in the column where says Client ID, i fill in my UCI, right (i am a primary applicant)?

strangersr

Jul 11, 2013
Uzice
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/14/2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
emiiuki said:
Congratulations!
Are you going to Vienna in person or mailing your passports?
We planned to go by bus on monday, but if find company would go by car....
Can't answer your question about cc since I'm going to make a payment tonight (I swept all the money during the vacation so have to wait when the yesterday's payment appears).
i've sent you an email