kelo

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@RufiDoby the situation is amendable try to do what BC2013 suggested, at the same time, I would like you to be sensitive to the way you present your case to the case officer, for example there was an adjustment made on settlement fund dated 3rd April 2014, it was not amended on 4th May 2014....kindly check the website for the date of modification....http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
From your post, you sent additional document to VO on 10th April, may be he/she expect you to send updated bank statement along with those documents. I may be wrong with my observation, but this can help you to represent your case convincingly to the case officer. I understand that you may be destabilized now, but put all resources at your disposal together and be positive about it...am very sure you will share the good news soon...

RufiDoby said:
Also, new rules were stated on May 4th 2014!! it was ten days ago!! i am soooooo furious right now!

RufiDoby

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
PER: 11-07-2013
kelo said:
@ RufiDoby the situation is amendable try to do what BC2013 suggested, at the same time, I would like you to be sensitive to the way you present your case to the case officer, for example there was an adjustment made on settlement fund dated 3rd April 2014, it was not amended on 4th May 2014....kindly check the website for the date of modification....http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
From your post, you sent additional document to VO on 10th April, may be he/she expect you to send updated bank statement along with those documents. I may be wrong with my observation, but this can help you to represent your case convincingly to the case officer. I understand that you may be destabilized now, but put all resources at your disposal together and be positive about it...am very sure you will share the good news soon...
Thank you for your comforting words... I will send reconsideration letter but obviously if thos is really true about updating the funds amount on April 3rd I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel:( on the account we have 14.200 CAD. It seems that we lost the process because of 520 CAD :(( I cannot believe!

Vitalia

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
RufiDoby said:
URGENT!!!!!

dear forum members! please HELP!!
Today I got E-cas status changed to "Decision made" (after "Medicals received" but without RPRF and PPR). By snail mail I have just received a leeter from Vienna stating their rejection due to non sufficient funds: thjey expected us to have $CAD 14.720 for two????? When and how did this happen??? These are NEW rules, for my understanding they had to process our file on the old rules from last year, when we had to have $CAD 13.837!

What can I do?? this is so wrong
I am so sorry to hear about this. This is outrageous!!! I agree with the other forum members to raise this issue with the main thread FSW 2013 - more members, more opinions (you could write personal messages to the senior members as well). You should definitely send them letter to reconsider their decision but till the weekend is over wait to hear different opinions. I would send them case specific enquiry as well even though I am not sure if that will help. Anyways use every means necessary since this is the most stupid reason to get rejected - by a criteria that was not into force when you applied!!! Please keep us informed!!!

RufiDoby

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
PER: 11-07-2013
Vitalia said:
I am so sorry to hear about this. This is outrageous!!! I agree with the other forum members to raise this issue with the main thread FSW 2013 - more members, more opinions (you could write personal messages to the senior members as well). You should definitely send them letter to reconsider their decision but till the weekend is over wait to hear different opinions. I would send them case specific enquiry as well even though I am not sure if that will help. Anyways use every means necessary since this is the most stupid reason to get rejected - by a criteria that was not into force when you applied!!! Please keep us informed!!!

Thank you so much. I will sure raise a question on other threads, and wait to see what will I do. I will keep you informed! Today I really don't like the system. Tomorrow I'll be smarter:(

Ca7r10na

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RufiDoby said:
Thank you so much. I will sure raise a question on other threads, and wait to see what will I do. I will keep you informed! Today I really don't like the system. Tomorrow I'll be smarter:(
RufiDoby this must be an absolute nightmare for you guys - I am so sorry it is happening to you. It is completely terrifying that mistakes like this can be made.

I agree with you completely that they should not be applying the new POF rules to your case and if I were you I would draft a letter clearly setting out the rules that were in place when us 2013 applicants applied. I would then refer to the documentary evidence you have already provided that clearly establishes you meet the criteria. I would stress that it appears the wrong rules have been applied to your case and I would request that in light of this information your case be reopened and reconsidered.

If it is possible for you I would then move on to indicate that, should the visa officer insist that you are required to prove CAD 14,720 (which you deny) you are able to do so (and attach any evidence of this you can - ie updated bank statements etc).

I am crossing fingers that Vienna see this mistake for what it is, and quickly. Again, I am so sorry this is happening to you - it is beyond stressful.

DannyyBoy

Star Member
Apr 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
@RufiDoby
Also wrote URGENT in the subject of the mail and send a mail on monday or tuesday about 9 am ;)

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
RufiDoby said:
URGENT!!!!!

dear forum members! please HELP!!
Today I got E-cas status changed to "Decision made" (after "Medicals received" but without RPRF and PPR). By snail mail I have just received a leeter from Vienna stating their rejection due to non sufficient funds: thjey expected us to have $CAD 14.720 for two????? When and how did this happen??? These are NEW rules, for my understanding they had to process our file on the old rules from last year, when we had to have $CAD 13.837!

What can I do?? this is so wrong
This is so unfair. This should not happen. But I think they just blindly followed the rules - without warning - from the operation manual which applies to us ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf ):

12.1. Settlement funds

In addition to the selection criteria set forth in R76(1), the applicant must also have sufficient
funds available to support their settlement in Canada pursuant to R76(1)(b)(i).
Pursuant to R76(1)(b)(ii), applicants are not required to have settlement funds if the applicant is
authorized to work in Canada and has been awarded points for arranged employment in Canada,
as defined in R82(1), under R82(2)(a), (b) or (d).

The funds must be:

available and transferable; and
unencumbered by debts or other obligations.

Officers must be satisfied that the applicant has at their disposal, with sufficient liquidity, and
with the ability to transfer those assets, the necessary threshold of funds to support their
establishment in Canada on arrival.

The amount of funds is assessed according to the applicant's family size, using 50% of the
current Low-Income Cut-off (LICO) from Statistics Canada for urban areas with populations of
500,000 or more.

Note: In terms of the funds required, the number of the applicant's family members includes
both accompanying and non-accompanying dependants.
Note: Refer to the CIC website for the current settlement funds requirement at:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp.

Pursuant to R77, the requirements and criteria set forth in R76 must be met at the time the
application is made, as well as when the permanent resident visa is issued. If the applicant is
unable to demonstrate that they have sufficient funds available to meet the requirements, the
officer should refuse the application and proceed to section 14.2.

This is totally absurd and Kafka-esque without requesting an updated proof of funds first... Contact them and do everything you can.

srdjan11273

Jun 6, 2012
Hey people, you might remember me from few weeks ago,and that i was refused for visitor visa, and i planned to go to see my dad, you also might remember that i said that i will reapply, and so i did on 6th of May, and today my status is showing ''your passport has been dispatched from canda visa office Vienna to canada visa application centre belgrade'' I don't know what to think. A Mp from my father's town sent an e-mail of support, last week. I can only think that they saw MP's e-mail and that that was enough guarantee that i will come back OR , they saw that i was refused a mont ago and they refused again. What do you all think? I would appreciate everyone's opinion.

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
oszi said:
This is so unfair. This should not happen. But I think they just blindly followed the rules - without warning - from the operation manual which applies to us ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf ):

12.1. Settlement funds

In addition to the selection criteria set forth in R76(1), the applicant must also have sufficient
funds available to support their settlement in Canada pursuant to R76(1)(b)(i).
Pursuant to R76(1)(b)(ii), applicants are not required to have settlement funds if the applicant is
authorized to work in Canada and has been awarded points for arranged employment in Canada,
as defined in R82(1), under R82(2)(a), (b) or (d).

The funds must be:

available and transferable; and
unencumbered by debts or other obligations.

Officers must be satisfied that the applicant has at their disposal, with sufficient liquidity, and
with the ability to transfer those assets, the necessary threshold of funds to support their
establishment in Canada on arrival.

The amount of funds is assessed according to the applicant's family size, using 50% of the
current Low-Income Cut-off (LICO) from Statistics Canada for urban areas with populations of
500,000 or more.

Note: In terms of the funds required, the number of the applicant's family members includes
both accompanying and non-accompanying dependants.
Note: Refer to the CIC website for the current settlement funds requirement at:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp.

Pursuant to R77, the requirements and criteria set forth in R76 must be met at the time the
application is made, as well as when the permanent resident visa is issued. If the applicant is
unable to demonstrate that they have sufficient funds available to meet the requirements, the
officer should refuse the application and proceed to section 14.2.

This is totally absurd and Kafka-esque without requesting an updated proof of funds first... Contact them and do everything you can.
Even if they are supposed to go with the current numbers, procedural fairness would require them to give a chance to update POF to the current requirements.
So proof of meeting the current numbers along with a reconsideration request would seem the right thing to do.

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
BC2013 said:
I don't believe it!
After more than 2 1/2 years.

4 e-mails from Vienna today:
3 medical requests (for myself, spouse and child) and updated Schedule A.

Yayyyyyyy

:D
Wow BC2013, I have been waiting since to congratulate u on this. Hearty congratulations from me to u and ur family. GOOD LUCK TO THE END.

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
Anvaller said:
Wow BC2013, I have been waiting since to congratulate u on this. Hearty congratulations from me to u and ur family. GOOD LUCK TO THE END.
Tell me about it ::)
It still feels kinda surreal.

And thank you so much :D

How is Accra doing?

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
Accra has slowed down lately... Still waiting.

borojevic

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2013
Med's Done....
April 1st
We are happy to announce that our process is finished.
Yesterday we came back from Vienna with our visas and COPR. We went for a same day service in person in order to speed up everything.
This would be great news if it did not come only for us. We really hope that Vienna picks up the pace for everyone.