Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Gearman said:
Yeah Tom, I wish Toronto was like the good old days, unfortunately not anymore.Calgary is good although progressively becoming like Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal in terms of cost of living.How is your case Tom? Hope you are getting closer.
Hi Gearman

I am the sponsor (fam) of my wife and are just waiting for its royal highness Vienna to get us going..Well into 14 months since our apps went in!
In January they requested some additional docs which we sent in on March. Suddenly a couple of weeks ago our dormant e-Cas was changed to "In Process" yippyyyyyy! But that's as far as it goes..Nothing else

What about you?

Tom

Gearman

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
Nomination.....
01-03-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
16-04-2012
Med's Request
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014 ..... DM on 1 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
messenger said:
Hi Gearman

I am the sponsor (fam) of my wife and are just waiting for its royal highness Vienna to get us going..Well into 14 months since our apps went in!
In January they requested some additional docs which we sent in on March. Suddenly a couple of weeks ago our dormant e-Cas was changed to "In Process" yippyyyyyy! But that's as far as it goes..Nothing else

What about you?

Tom

Hey Tom, I think from "In Process" ,forum stats show that MR for your wife is around the corner.So relax and brace yourself for it anytime soon.
True, we all went through the Vienna hibernation , but it now appears to be over since beginning of 2014. I believe my profile info says everything about my application, only landing is pending at this point.

srdjan11273

Jun 6, 2012
I reapplied trough VAC, i hope this time i will get a visa, a member of parlament from my father's town will call tomorrow vienna visa office, and i hope they will trust that i will come back

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Gearman said:
Hey Tom, I think from "In Process" ,forum stats show that MR for your wife is around the corner.So relax and brace yourself for it anytime soon.
True, we all went through the Vienna hibernation , but it now appears to be over since beginning of 2014. I believe my profile info says everything about my application, only landing is pending at this point.

Greetings amigo.
Your words above came true.. We received PPR a couple of days ago and just this morning we sent my wife's passport to Vienna...
I wish you personally and all our friends in this thread a quick and fast process

Tom

YodaAtCanada

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2014 Citizenship.......: 07-12-2018
messenger said:
Greetings amigo.
Your words above came true.. We received PPR a couple of days ago and just this morning we sent my wife's passport to Vienna...
I wish you personally and all our friends in this thread a quick and fast process

Tom
Dear Tom,

Congratulations on your PPR!
Finally it happened to you.
Fat lady is about to sing for you, LOL :)

Cheers!

Gearman

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
Nomination.....
01-03-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
16-04-2012
Med's Request
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014 ..... DM on 1 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
messenger said:
Greetings amigo.

Tom
WOW Tom, great news and congratulations amigo.I even talked of re-medicals but this is absolutely better news, you both deserve it. Great you sent your wife's passport already, no time to waste my friend.Thanks and sure, I am confident our forum members here will smile soon just like you and me have.

can_man

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan, 2014
Dear friends,

I have something unusual thing to share. While waiting for Medicals from VO, last week we won Green Card lottery and we have been selected for further processing. Now we have interview soon and hopefully we will get GC.

What will happen if we get Can.PR visa before Green Card interview. Should we inform US visa officer that we also have Canadian PR.When you play for US Green Card Lottery,you have to select your country. That's OK. We applied for the lottery last October, that time we were not Canadian Residents. The concern is that Canadians are not eligible to apply for GC lottery. I am praying to get GC before Canadian PR and then decide which one to keep.

Let say I get both by the end of this year, can I do landing first in US get GC and then do landing in Canada through land border crossing. Then stay in Canada for 2 months until I get PR and return is US. When I return in US from Canada which documents should I use, GC or CanPR. Its so complicated. Any help would be appreciated.

Believe me, now I'm hoping that Vienna to delay my application until I get GC.

Thanks

kelo

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Tom! you just graduated from University of Patience........ :)
messenger said:
Greetings amigo.

Tom

Lucky_mkd

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sent CIO 30.01.2014 AOR CIO 02.03.2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August :)
can_man said:
Dear friends,

I have something unusual thing to share. While waiting for Medicals from VO, last week we won Green Card lottery and we have been selected for further processing. Now we have interview soon and hopefully we will get GC.

What will happen if we get Can.PR visa before Green Card interview. Should we inform US visa officer that we also have Canadian PR.When you play for US Green Card Lottery,you have to select your country. That's OK. We applied for the lottery last October, that time we were not Canadian Residents. The concern is that Canadians are not eligible to apply for GC lottery. I am praying to get GC before Canadian PR and then decide which one to keep.

Let say I get both by the end of this year, can I do landing first in US get GC and then do landing in Canada through land border crossing. Then stay in Canada for 2 months until I get PR and return is US. When I return in US from Canada which documents should I use, GC or CanPR. Its so complicated. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Congrats bro, your so lucky :D

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
can_man said:
Dear friends,

Thanks
First of all, congratulations for these two options which have opened up for you.

The two processes should not hinder of affect each other. Your DV selection was made not because of your country (of residence), but your nationality (country of birth). So even when you become a Canadian PR, you would still remain eligible under the DV-rules because of your country of origin - unless you decide to become a Canadian citizen, but this should take a few years.
So, bottom line: send your papers to Kentucky, there is no harm in this. If your Canadian PR gets approved in the meantime, you can still decide, which route you want to follow: attend the mandatory interview at your US embassy and get your Green Card, or just forget abour the Yanks, and go to the better part of North America ;)
And even at this point you still do not have to make a final decision. You can persue both routes simultateously. There in no harm in obtaining a Green Card, and becoming a Canadian PR at the same time. However, you will have to make a decision eventually, because of the residency obligations: you will have to stay in Canada at least 3 out of 5 years. And I think, that the US authorities want you to settle in the US eventually, too, although I do not know, if there is a deadline to do so. But I know, that you have to activate the Green Card within 6 months, or so. Then you have the option of requesting a "Reentry Permit", which would give you an additional 2 years, in which you would not have to establish permanent residency in the US.

I don`t think, that it would make a difference, where you'd activate / land first.

Just be aware, that you need to file your tax-report in both countries, if you follow both routes!

Good luck, whatever you decide to do with this unique situation!

can_man

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan, 2014
BC2013

thanks for the thorought explanation, Im gonna print it and keep it, ;D you explained great

its really hard to be in this situation of deciding what it is better to choose, but I have time to think...

thanks again

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
can_man said:
BC2013

thanks for the thorought explanation, Im gonna print it and keep it, ;D you explained great

its really hard to be in this situation of deciding what it is better to choose, but I have time to think...

thanks again
There is only one thing I would correct in BC2013's summary: you only need to live 2 out of 5 years from the time of landing or PR card renewal date to be able to renew your PR status again. So theoretically after officially landing in Canada, you can go back to the US for another 3 years, and still no risk of losing Canadian PR status (assuming you go back to Canada for the following 2 years at least).

ica

May 12, 2014
Re: Vienna

Hello all,

I was wondering if the Vienna office actually replies to emails/letters... I'm sponsoring my husband to come to Canada and I got approved as a sponsor by the Mississauga office back in February. Then, our file got transferred to Vienna. I never received an AOR from Vienna, however, so I'm not 100% sure that they've in fact received our application... is there any way to really double-check this? (Do the officers simply ignore the emails which state a "waiting time" of less than 14 months?)

Thanks for your help :) :)

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
Re: Vienna

ica said:
Hello all,

I was wondering if the Vienna office actually replies to emails/letters... I'm sponsoring my husband to come to Canada and I got approved as a sponsor by the Mississauga office back in February. Then, our file got transferred to Vienna. I never received an AOR from Vienna, however, so I'm not 100% sure that they've in fact received our application... is there any way to really double-check this? (Do the officers simply ignore the emails which state a "waiting time" of less than 14 months?)

Thanks for your help :) :)
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't - there is no red line that they follow regarding this.

Check out this thread in the Family section of this forum, you might get more specific info there:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/vienna-office-t74361.0.html

borojevic

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2013
Med's Done....
April 1st