Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Hi guys and gals

Maybe this does not seem very important but I believe it might give everyone a little hope.

One of our Fam members got an invitation to an interview for Dec 10th . This is at least on my own opinion a sign that Vienna is coming back to the world of living after so many months of silence!

EDIT: Also tonight another member got an interview invitation. This time the guy is from March 2013...Looks like Vienna is really back

Good luck to all of you

Tom

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
BC2013 said:
I am not sure if Vienna sends AORs. As far as I am aware, AOR-similar emails have been sent only to answer CSEs.
Don't be confused by my timeline - my AOR was sent by the Visa Office in Berlin before their closure and the file was transferred to Vienna.

I received AOR from Vienna in May 2012 after PER from CIC in April.

Otherwise, I am depressed. This is the answer to my latest CSE:
"With reference to your enquiry below please be informed that our processing times can be checked at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index-can.asp. Please note that these processing times are based on how long it took to process 80 percent of cases between July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013. Processing times are subject to change and are updated quaterly.
We will contact you in due course if we need additional documents.
Yours sincerely"

My file will have its second birthday in about 10 days, so it is well beyond the posted timeframe ::)

Yep similar tothe response for my CSE last month

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
messenger said:
Hi guys and gals

Maybe this does not seem very important but I believe it might give everyone a little hope.

One of our Fam members got an invitation to an interview for Dec 10th . This is at least on my own opinion a sign that Vienna is coming back to the world of living after so many months of silence!

EDIT: Also tonight another member got an interview invitation. This time the guy is from March 2013...Looks like Vienna is really back

Good luck to all of you

Tom
Wow that's encouraging, it shows that at least, a lot of things will likely start to happen from January but however it is, Vienna has confirmed my case transfer to Accra already this week. So I am officially not a part of Vienna anymore. Though I will still be hanging out with u guys as things unfold.

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
Anvaller said:
Wow that's encouraging, it shows that at least, a lot of things will likely start to happen from January but however it is, Vienna has confirmed my case transfer to Accra already this week. So I am officially not a part of Vienna anymore. Though I will still be hanging out with u guys as things unfold.
Good Luck with the new VO. What is the current situation down there?

Maybe we needed someone's sacrifice for Vienna to wake up ;)

Ivancica

Nov 1, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband arrived today in Canada to visit us and they let him in, no questions asked! :) my family will be together for Christmas and New Years!

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
Ivancica said:
My husband arrived today in Canada to visit us and they let him in, no questions asked! :) my family will be together for Christmas and New Years!
Good News :)

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
BC2013 said:
Good Luck with the new VO. What is the current situation down there?

Maybe we needed someone's sacrifice for Vienna to wake up ;)
Thanks BC, well the situation is not extra spectacular but there is visible progress. What I have observed is that many applicants between Feb&April are already receiving their MRs, some are even landed already. Also almost all applicants up until august-september 2011 have completed their cases. The only odd thing is that applicants between Oct '11 and Jan '12 are still waiting for their MRs. Strange isn't it?

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
Anvaller said:
Thanks BC, well the situation is not extra spectacular but there is visible progress. What I have observed is that many applicants between Feb&April are already receiving their MRs, some are even landed already. Also almost all applicants up until august-september 2011 have completed their cases. The only odd thing is that applicants between Oct '11 and Jan '12 are still waiting for their MRs. Strange isn't it?
True. But at least you see something happening, unlike at other VOs we know.
Did you just request a transfer, how did that work?

DannyyBoy

Star Member
Apr 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
and how is it possible at all to transfer the application??

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
DannyyBoy said:
You can choose a Visa Office for the following areas:
- country of your citizenship
- country of residence (for at least 12 months)

Otherwise, I have no clue.

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
DannyyBoy said:
It depends on a lot of factors... check ur inbox

BC2013 said:
You can choose a Visa Office for the following areas:
- country of your citizenship
- country of residence (for at least 12 months)

Otherwise, I have no clue.
U are correct BC, I PM'd you.

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
Anvaller said:
It depends on a lot of factors... check ur inbox

U are correct BC, I PM'd you.
Good luck with Accra. Your file should be entered in their queue as if it had gotten there from the start (see OP1, sub section 5.19 regarding file transfer).

Please keep us posted.

belex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a message from Vienna office to attend on interview. Is it a good 'sign' ?
I had two rejections for visitor visa before one year and 1 rejection for study permit for September college intake. Now I've applied for January study visa, prepared good SOP and evidence that I will be back after my studies.

Question is, what should I expect on interview, what kind of questions ?

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
belex said:
I got a message from Vienna office to attend on interview. Is it a good 'sign' ?
I had two rejections for visitor visa before one year and 1 rejection for study permit for September college intake. Now I've applied for January study visa, prepared good SOP and evidence that I will be back after my studies.

Question is, what should I expect on interview, what kind of questions ?
This thread might be helpful:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/prepare-an-interview-t3109.0.html

Otherwise:
You can probably expect questions regarding your earlier applications and rejections (what were the reasons for the earlier rejections? Will you be able to satisfy an Officer regarding this?). Also - bring everything that can prove your intent to return to your home country after you have finished your studies ("binding ties").