+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

##### Applicants VO Vienna please join #####

bojan25s

Aug 25, 2012
Tanja198x said:
OMG!!! My status finally changed.....
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
Is this good or are they still able to give me bad news??
Tanja, don't worry. Before I got my visas, I received exactly the same message. Of course it's good news. Just be patient, you are at the very end. Good luck.

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
Tanja198x said:
I am being sponsored by my boyfriend or as they prefer common law partner :)
In this case, you might want to check out the following thread (in the "Family Class Sponsorship" section of this forum). The people there will have a better idea about the procedures in the family class.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/vienna-office-t74361.1725.html

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
Hi Guys!

Vienna just replied my enquiry and I quote: "You will be informed about the further steps in due course - in the course of the coming 3-6 months approximately."

Another maximum 6 months? Are they kidding me? Well.. just to let us fsw with 7 months wait know.
Good luck to us!

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
Anvaller said:
Hi Guys!

Vienna just replied my enquiry and I quote: "You will be informed about the further steps in due course - in the course of the coming 3-6 months approximately."

Another maximum 6 months? Are they kidding me? Well.. just to let us fsw with 7 months wait know.
Good luck to us!
Maybe I will have to change my nick to 2014 ::)
Anyway, thank you for sharing this.

Ibadathar

Mar 9, 2013
Hello guys.
I just want your advice.
I am from Pakistan by nationality and from Germany by residence. I came to Germany for my masters of engineering studies in October 2012. But after that I got admission in University of Ottawa for september 2013 session. Now I want to go to Canada.
I am applying for Study visa in Canadian embassy in Vienna.
I have 25000 USD account in Pakistan and 5000 Euro in Deutsche bank here. What do you think, it is enough money to show my financial status?
Secondly, I have police certificate of Germany in German language, I have to translate it in English. Does anyone have experience of the translation of documents?
Thanks everyone in advance

Ibadathar

Mar 9, 2013
best said:
I am an MSC student in Germany but because of much language barrier which is really affecting me seriously in communication and this is my 3rd month in Germany,i have secured admission for post graduate diploma in canada,i just want to know the chances of getting canada study permit,i have a good sponsor that is behind my educational pursuit,any one who have idea or passed this stage should through light on this please.
Hello Mr. Best.
I just saw your post here. I am also applying for the student visa from Germany, having same scenarion like yours. so share me with your experience please

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
Ibadathar said:
Hello guys.
I just want your advice.
I am from Pakistan by nationality and from Germany by residence. I came to Germany for my masters of engineering studies in October 2012. But after that I got admission in University of Ottawa for september 2013 session. Now I want to go to Canada.
I am applying for Study visa in Canadian embassy in Vienna.
I have 25000 USD account in Pakistan and 5000 Euro in Deutsche bank here. What do you think, it is enough money to show my financial status?
Secondly, I have police certificate of Germany in German language, I have to translate it in English. Does anyone have experience of the translation of documents?
Thanks everyone in advance
I have no idea about the neccessary funds in this class.
The documents have to be translated, though. Just search /google for a certified translater in your vicinity. They usually charge by words / lines translated, so with the assumption of a "no entries" PCC, you could probably expect costs of around 30EUR.

lily_n

Mar 25, 2013
Hello :)
I'm a QSW applicant and I've been watching this forum for a while. I got a CSQ in 2011, but I only sent my application to the federal authorities in November 2012.
On the 28th of December I got an AOR from Sydney and have been waiting for invitation for medical exams and AOR from Vienna since. Anyone else in a similar situation?

I've been reading other forums and people whose visa offices are Bucharest or Paris go through a much faster procedure, but I haven't read about any other QSW at my stage of the application with office Vienna, so I don't have a clue if not having any news for such a long time is normal or not..
Do you think I should try contacting them or should I just wait patiently? :) Thanks!

Gearman

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
Nomination.....
01-03-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
16-04-2012
Med's Request
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014 ..... DM on 1 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Anvaller said:
Hi Guys!

Good luck to us!
Hey Anvaller,

I have been reading from this forum in a couple of months now.I am also an applicant in the FWS 1 (MI-3) class and was normally under the Berlin Office when i applied through CIO in Nova Scotia in Januray 2012.My application was transferred to Berlin (which I got AOR) in March 2012 and then to Vienna in May 2012 though I did not get any AOR from Vienna.
Ever since then,I am waiting for MR and next month April will make it 15 months from the time of my application at Nova Scotia.Its really frustrating so I decided to fine more information online here and exchange experiences with fellow applicants from Vienna Office.
Why do U thin it takes so long?I really don't get it...
Do you have any idea what they do when ones status reads "In Process" for so many months?In my case,its over a year now..

I would be glad to hear from you.

Thanks!

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
Gearman said:
Hey Anvaller,

I have been reading from this forum in a couple of months now.I am also an applicant in the FWS 1 (MI-3) class and was normally under the Berlin Office when i applied through CIO in Nova Scotia in Januray 2012.My application was transferred to Berlin (which I got AOR) in March 2012 and then to Vienna in May 2012 though I did not get any AOR from Vienna.
Ever since then,I am waiting for MR and next month April will make it 15 months from the time of my application at Nova Scotia.Its really frustrating so I decided to fine more information online here and exchange experiences with fellow applicants from Vienna Office.
Why do U thin it takes so long?I really don't get it...
Do you have any idea what they do when ones status reads "In Process" for so many months?In my case,its over a year now..

I would be glad to hear from you.

Thanks!
Welcome to the club!
I would assume that we all are a bit confused about how the VO handles our cases.
As you can see from my timeline, I am even ahead of you by one month - and still without additional info or requests by the VO.
However, there is nothing to do but await our turn, which will come eventually - I hope ;)

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
@ Gearman
The situation goes basically as BC2013 has explained it. Nobody knows the exact factors that determine how long ur processing time would be. Apart from the timeline stipulated by the VO which is grossly inaccurate and thereby unreliable, there is no other determinant. One can only make assumptions based on permutations and IF statements. For e.g there was a rush release (across VOs) of MR AND PPR in the 2nd and 3rd quarter of last year respectively, since there hasn't been any of such till now, we can assume that that a replay of that will happen this year. They have to issue MRs this year anyway and I dont think they will wait till the 4th quarter b4 doing that. Otherwise we would all get our PPR/PRV in 2014... I don't see that happening tho.. but that is just my opinion.
Another consideration is that if the last correspondence I got from them was to wait for another 3-6 month from March, then strictly by that instruction, the earliest I can hear from them is May ending and the latest is August ending.
Lastly, if Vienna has a mere 70something cases of pending skilled workers application in total, then they should process fast ahead of other VOs with backlogs in the 2nd quarter starting April.
In short this is my own calculation.. and based on it, I believe that Vienna would start processing M13 sometimes in April and may be ppl plike u would be settled 1st and since I am 2 months behind, I personally will be looking at the end of May or may be June...
I wish us good luck!

Gearman

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
Nomination.....
01-03-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
16-04-2012
Med's Request
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014 ..... DM on 1 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Thanks Anvaller and BC2013,

Anvaller I think your calculations is spot on and basically covers all possibilities.I think all we need is patients .But as you say Vienna has just 70 something Federal Skilled workers to deal with,I too wouldnt consider that to be a considerable load of work you know.Except maybe added to other categories,then it becomes quite much.If I should ask Anvaller and BC2013,are you guys also an MI-3 applicant?
I will asked them for a status update via email come April (in a couple of days) since they warned us not the request status update if the time limit observed on the website is not passed.So from next month like is said earlier,my application will be 15 months,one month past the 14th month stipulated as processing time for Vienna Office.I will update you all about their response,if they will :)
This waiting is just simply too much,especially now the the Federal skilled worker for this year will reopen come May.I hope it wont affect or delay further our cases.
stay firm and goodluck to us guys!

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
Gearman said:
Thanks Anvaller and BC2013,

Anvaller I think your calculations is spot on and basically covers all possibilities.I think all we need is patients .But as you say Vienna has just 70 something Federal Skilled workers to deal with,I too wouldnt consider that to be a considerable load of work you know.Except maybe added to other categories,then it becomes quite much.If I should ask Anvaller and BC2013,are you guys also an MI-3 applicant?
I will asked them for a status update via email come April (in a couple of days) since they warned us not the request status update if the time limit observed on the website is not passed.So from next month like is said earlier,my application will be 15 months,one month past the 14th month stipulated as processing time for Vienna Office.I will update you all about their response,if they will :)
This waiting is just simply too much,especially now the the Federal skilled worker for this year will reopen come May.I hope it wont affect or delay further our cases.
stay firm and goodluck to us guys!
I have applied under FSW MI-3, too. My application reached Sydney in Dec. 2011, so I would be even ahead of you by a month. So, if Anvaller's calculation is correct (and I surely hope so ;)), they might actually touch my file this coming month. Well, we will see.
Anyway, I also have planned to e-mail them for a CSE this week, since my application will be "16month old" on tuesday. And according to the CIC website, the timeframe (however inaccurate it might be) is calculated from the reception of the full application, which in our case (MI-3) is the reception by the CIO Sydney.

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
Yes I am MI3 too. My application will be 12 month on Tuesday, my application was received by CIC on April 2 2012. Let's see what response they would give on ur enquiries. @ Gearman, you too may want to make a Case Specific Enquiry.. instead of just email enquiry.
And just to add, I remember that "trying" a mate on this thread informed us of another MI3 friend who got an update in december that the VO told him to expect further steps on processing not before Spring which means anytime in Spring though it still snows but we are officially already in Spring. So we have a lot of indications pointing at Spring
Interestingly, U guys are ahead of him cos "trying" applied in April and his friend, few weeks before him.
I am not trying to raise our hopes too much but as human beings, we just need to picture a pillar (through smart calculations though) upon which our hope would lean, other wise this situation would seem so hopeless.
Cheers!