+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

##### Applicants VO Vienna please join #####

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
Anvaller said:
Hello trying,

U and I are more or less on the same time and pace at the Vienna office. My summary as at now is as follows:
Application Rcvd (CIO) - April 2
PER (CIO) - April 11
AOR (VO) - May 15

Originally, I belong to the Berlin office but now it's Vienna
I agree that Vienna would slow down now, of course they would be busier than before. 2 months after PER? that was fast. Based on that, we can assume that the current processing time after PER would be 4 months? U agree
I would love that and expect to hear "Vienna Calling" (or rather mailing) any day now. ;)

I got my PER on 21 Feb 2012,
AOR (still from Berlin) 29 Mar 2012
and nothing since.

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
BTW: was e-cas updated for you guys?
Mine is still showing "In Process" on the outside and "We received your application on .." on the inside.

trying

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
first 13-02-2012 second 16-04-2012
Nomination.....
PER 25-04-2012
AOR Received.
14-05-2012
I`m disappointed with your timeline BC2013, I expected faster processing by Vienna... But every single case is different, I met somebody who got PER 26.03 and received additional documents request on 26.04.
I praying for you and hope you will get MR very soon.

(If you change your nick to BC2012 maybe you will get VISA faster ;) )

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
trying said:
I`m disappointed with your timeline BC2013, I expected faster processing by Vienna... But every single case is different, I met somebody who got PER 26.03 and received additional documents request on 26.04.
I praying for you and hope you will get MR very soon.

(If you change your nick to BC2012 maybe you will get VISA faster ;) )
LOL. Might be worth a try ... 8)

You are absolutely right - every case is different. And even the file transfer means that Vienna VO has to organize the additional workload, which will take time, too. It is disappointing nevertheless, especially if you look at other timelines, and considering the fact, that almost everything was already (at least preliminarily) checked by the CIO, so the VO only has to confirm the assessment. One would think that this should not take this long.

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
well, just trying to be positive here. I believe that the CIC would transfer some of the Berlin V.Officers to Vienna in order to avoid undue delays as a result of increased workload in Vienna. At least, thats the ideal thing.
It is likely that the Berlin visa office did not carry out any significant processing on ur case other than just input it in the central data and prepare if for transfer since it was coming in at a time they were transferring all information to Vienna. (Please note, my submissions here are mere assumptions based on calculations out of just common sense. I might be wrong)

In my own case, I believe strongly that Berlin didn't do anything on my case. It would be either that tmy file just had a transit in Berlin before heading to Vienna or it was even transfered directly to Vienna from CIO. If my PER was April 11, when they are aware that Berlin as at that time would no more work on the file in about 2 weeks from then, it is likely to have been sent directly to Vienna.

Anyway, let's keep the updates here.

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
Anvaller said:
well, just trying to be positive here. I believe that the CIC would transfer some of the Berlin V.Officers to Vienna in order to avoid undue delays as a result of increased workload in Vienna. At least, thats the ideal thing.
It is likely that the Berlin visa office did not carry out any significant processing on ur case other than just input it in the central data and prepare if for transfer since it was coming in at a time they were transferring all information to Vienna. (Please note, my submissions here are mere assumptions based on calculations out of just common sense. I might be wrong)

In my own case, I believe strongly that Berlin didn't do anything on my case. It would be either that tmy file just had a transit in Berlin before heading to Vienna or it was even transfered directly to Vienna from CIO. If my PER was April 11, when they are aware that Berlin as at that time would no more work on the file in about 2 weeks from then, it is likely to have been sent directly to Vienna.

Anyway, let's keep the updates here.
I agree with your assumption. It would indeed make sense to pull at least some of the VOs from Berlin to Vienna.

Your file / data was most probably directly sent from CIO to Vienna. They knew at the time that Berlin woud be closed soon and therefore would have avoided an unneccessary file transfer from Berlin to Vienna.

Good luck to you all and fast processing.

trying

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
first 13-02-2012 second 16-04-2012
Nomination.....
PER 25-04-2012
AOR Received.
14-05-2012
@ BC201(2)3

Buddy do you have some news from Vienna? This waiting is so boring, do you have some prediction which files they are processing now (Berlin`s AOR from feb, march...)?

Actually, when Berlin stopped to process files? Do you hear experience from people who are before us in queue?

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
trying said:
@ BC201(2)3

Buddy do you have some news from Vienna? This waiting is so boring, do you have some prediction which files they are processing now (Berlin`s AOR from feb, march...)?

Actually, when Berlin stopped to process files? Do you hear experience from people who are before us in queue?
I am afraid that Berlin VO never started.

Regarding Vienna: I just got a reply (on a case specific enquiry) from them that they have "just received the applications from Berlin". So we have to be patient.

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
True, the waiting is boring but this is what I can picture in my own case. Vienna sent AOR without any inquiry on May 15th 2012. Prior to then, I received PER from the CIO on April 11th. Vienna in their letter said that further correspondence would be within min. of 4 months to max. 7 months. They asked me not to send any inquiry about trying to know my application update until the max time frame in the letter (7 month) is exhausted and that any inquiry made before then will be ignored.

On the other hand, I tried to understand how busy is Vienna at the moment. Since such an understanding would help to know how much time Vienna has to work on our files. There is a clause under Processing Times in their website which says that applications are processed according to administrative priority and the dates they were received. I would interpret that clause to mean that there are times when our files would be high on their priority and times that it will be low so the question is where are we on their priority at this time?

The point is Vienna seems busy now on TRV/study permit applications, a friend of mine was there this week and she was the 93rd applicant for study permit on that day alone... U can imagine. I think their priority would shift to to those applications since most student are expecting to get their visas before August.

In my opinion, I think the processing of FSW would be very fast from after September when their peak period would have been over. That is just some 8 weeks more. However, we can not rule out any surprise correspondence from them at any time since one would not expect that they would completely abandon processes on our files.

Lastly, it seems to be that FSW applications in Vienna are very few cos this is about the only thread alive on FSW application that I know. Whereas there are many on Family Reunion FAM. If this is true, we under this category should benefit from it as far as processing time is concerned.

Jeannie Grey

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
Med's Request
19-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
Anvaller said:
The point is Vienna seems busy now on TRV/study permit applications, a friend of mine was there this week and she was the 93rd applicant for study permit on that day alone... U can imagine. I think their priority would shift to to those applications since most student are expecting to get their visas before August.
I'm a postdoc fellow applying for temporary foreign worker via Vienna office. Their standard processing time is 20 working days. My application has been there for almost 30 working days and I'm getting worried. I started bombarding them with e-mails (woops :-[) but no answers yet!

It's somehow "good" to hear how busy they are.. Your friend's story for being the 93rd applicant on that day alone, in a strange way, gives me some hopes and fresh air. Thanks for sharing this! I will pass this info in another thread, where some people also got frustrated with the speed of Vienna office. :)

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
Jeannie Grey said:
I'm a postdoc fellow applying for temporary foreign worker via Vienna office. Their standard processing time is 20 working days. My application has been there for almost 30 working days and I'm getting worried. I started bombarding them with e-mails (woops :-[) but no answers yet!

It's somehow "good" to hear how busy they are.. Your friend's story for being the 93rd applicant on that day alone, in a strange way, gives me some hopes and fresh air. Thanks for sharing this! I will pass this info in another thread, where some people also got frustrated with the speed of Vienna office. :)
It's good to hear that.. but may I ask if u submitted In-Person or by courier? They give higher priority to applications submitted In-Person than by courier for a reason I don't know. Another friend of mine who applied earlier for a Phd study permit said his application took exactly 30 working days against 20 working days indicated on their website for application submitted by courier. So now that yours is already 30 working days, u may add 3 working days for courier back to u +/-1 working day and u will get it.

Lastly please, can u send me a link to that other thread?

Jeannie Grey

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
Med's Request
19-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
I sent by registered post. I was thinking of going there in person, but I live in Netherlands and it will be problematic to go back since I won't have my passport..
And now my case is a bit complicated because I have to leave Netherlands before 28 July (I'm also temporary resident here), so I need my passport badly :mad: 30-35 working days should theoretically be fine, but I'm still nervous :eek: Thanks for the info though..

Here's the other thread+the longer version of my story:

Immigration Topics > General - All Canadian Immigration > Topic: Canadian Consulate in Vienna (CCiV) Hijacked my Passport

(It said I'm not allowed to post links)

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
Hello Jeannie Grey, I am just curious, I hope by now u should have received ur visa/passport from Vienna. Have u?

Jeannie Grey

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
Med's Request
19-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
Hi Anvaller! Not yet, it's 35 days now :mad:

I sent more fax and emails but no reply at all. I found facebook page of Canadian emb to Austria and sent them a message because they seem very active (I guess I'm so desperate for someone to reply me). They answer a standard way: Please consult the visa and immigration section of the Embassy of Canada Austria for all visa related matters.
DUH! What do you think I've been doing?! :mad:

I probably sound so needy but I think my situation deserve an answer. Do you guys know any other means of contacting them? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks...

sanja

Jul 11, 2012
Hi there

I send my passport 13.06 and still did not get any answer from Vienna. My question is do they send mail firs or they just send passport back to you , I am waiting for working visa.
Thanks