kelo

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally launched.......FSW'14 for more details.....

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-04-26/html/notice-avis-eng.php#d107_a

srdjan11273

Jun 6, 2012
DannyyBoy said:
Of course send application again, and also send them all required documents. And it is much better if you send through the VAC-visa application center.
Of course, i also did it through VAC the last time...

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
Vitalia said:
My guess is that the new applicants starting May 1st, 2014 will go into Express Entry pool. And our applications will be assessed under the Ministerial instructions effective May, 2013. We will read the details tomorrow April, 26th.
oszi said:
My last hope is that sentence, meaning they will process us this year, eliminate the backlog and continue with these new applications as first ones under Express Entry. My concern is that with the pace of Vienna, we can easily slip into the pool too...
Guys, I am afraid ur assumptions can't be true because Express Entry takes effect from January 2015. The regulations thereof cannot overwrite the subsisting regulations. Note that the minister announced that fsw 2014 would follow the same rules as 2013. So I think creating another backlog is inevitable. However, I personally believe that it is the new (2014) applicants that will take the brunt of the backlog. The impending backlog as a result of upcoming 2014 applications will (very likely) compel the VOs to expedite the currently pending cases.

DannyyBoy

Star Member
Apr 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
Anvaller, I agree with you! If they don't have backlog then they cant explain what they really do. Now they will receive new cases and create new backlog, but finally old application must be processed.

Anyway Anvaller whats happens with your application?

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
DannyyBoy said:
Anvaller, I agree with you! If they don't have backlog then they cant explain what they really do. Now they will receive new cases and create new backlog, but finally old application must be processed.
Yes that's my point. No matter how much intake they have for 2014, they still have to first process applications from the year before.

DannyyBoy said:
Oh yea thanks for asking, just as shown on my timeline, I received MR in Feb and now am on another round of waiting for the PPR. I hope it wont be long. I see Vienna seems a bit awake now, how is ur case going too?

DannyyBoy

Star Member
Apr 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
Anvaller said:
Oh yea thanks for asking, just as shown on my timeline, I received MR in Feb and now am on another round of waiting for the PPR. I hope it wont be long. I see Vienna seems a bit awake now, how is ur case going too?
Nothing since feb 2013 :) ..and still waiting for MR :)

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
DannyyBoy said:

My problem is with the amount of new applications they will collect now (25.000). If you have seen my previous posts, I have done an analysis of the current backlog, and also of the yearly target of FSW admissions for Canada and each VO individually. My conclusion was basically that this year these quotas were set exactly to the backlog of each VO, thus making sure the current backlog will just be processed by the end of this year, but no more. It means that all these new applications can only be processed next year, and actually this is such a large amount that could only be processed during a whole year or more (about 55.000-60.000 persons). Now the questions are these:

• Assuming Express Entry really starts in January, are these 25.000 applications going to be a backlog (a whole year's worth), processed by current rules (First-come First-served basis), or they will instead create the initial pool for cherry-picking by employees by the new rules?
  • If they will create the new pool, and it is so easy to slide these people into this pool (while they expect the current rules), wouldn't it be similarly easy to get rid of any backlogs the same way? Like if Vienna has some apps left at the end of this year, they just slide them into the pool, and announce "backlog is eliminated"?
  • Do you really think they will keep the two systems running parallel, for more than a year? I doubt that. My guess is whoever gets processed this year, gets PR, then they will announce backlog is eliminated, and others just go into the pool, waiting indefinitely for being picked by an employer. So I guess the race begins for MR...

Opinions?

DannyyBoy

Star Member
Apr 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
Oszi, partially agree with you. But those 25k new application will not go to the pool, express entry is new system stars on jan 2015 and there is no relationship wit this new fsw program.
I agree that this new fsw program will create new backlog, also keep jobs for VO stuff. Vicious circle isn't it? ;)

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
DannyyBoy said:
Oszi, partially agree with you. But those 25k new application will not go to the pool, express entry is new system stars on jan 2015 and there is no relationship wit this new fsw program.
I agree that this new fsw program will create new backlog, also keep jobs for VO stuff. Vicious circle isn't it? ;)
Why do you think they do not go into the pool? The news and backgrounder only talks about intake of new applications, not the way they will be processed. They even say this new cap supports next year's immigration target, which should be Express Entry already. There is no new OP manual yet. The yearly target for FSW admissions is a mere 47.000 persons. Either they come from Express Entry, or they come from old program backlogs, or both, but then eliminating the backlog will take even longer, could be 2-3 years. I still think they intend to process us this year, but anyone else after us, or left for next year is Express Entry.

DannyyBoy

Star Member
Apr 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
I think that they will process this new fsw parallel with express entry in 2015. And finally they will solve our applications this year. Don't forget the elections in 2015, and this thing has an impact on this situation..
Maybe all this is not so bad for us seniors.

DannyyBoy

Star Member
Apr 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
This is an important sentence:

" These are the last FSWP, FSTP and CEC applications that will be accepted under the current system before Express Entry launches in January 2015."

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
DannyyBoy said:
This is an important sentence:

" These are the last FSWP, FSTP and CEC applications that will be accepted under the current system before Express Entry launches in January 2015."
And the important word is: ACCEPTED, not processed. Processing can easily be by EE rules in 2015.

DannyyBoy

Star Member
Apr 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
and don't forget the under the current system ( current MI - Ministerial Instructions) and this MI is valid until the application is processed..

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
DannyyBoy said:
and don't forget the under the current system ( current MI - Ministerial Instructions) and this MI is valid until the application is processed..
Whatever, but these numbers just don't add up, if they accept another 1 year worth of applications, before they even start taking EE applications, how do they intend to process all these? I just can't accept they want to recreate the backlog all of a sudden, of which elimination is celebrated and awaited in many news releases during the past months.

And by the way, until we see the new operation manual, nothing is sure. That will settle these concerns once and for all.

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
oszi said:
Whatever, but these numbers just don't add up, if they accept another 1 year worth of applications, before they even start taking EE applications, how do they intend to process all these? I just can't accept they want to recreate the backlog all of a sudden, of which elimination is celebrated and awaited in many news releases during the past months.

And by the way, until we see the new operation manual, nothing is sure. That will settle these concerns once and for all.
Oszi, I understand ur concern but the situation might not be as bad as ur worries. 1st of all the express entry might not escalate the backlog due to 2014 intake cos I can guarantee u, that the EE system is like shutting the doors of PR. Very few applicants will be qualified when it takes off. The CIC knows this, hence the reason they don't mind taking a sizeable bulk of the last significant batch this year. Attorney Cohen knows what he is saying when he said that it might be this year or never for the majority of prospective applicants for PR.

That said, the backlog that will be created is not as mammoth as it is being feared I believe, the worst that can happen is that the 2014 applicants may have to wait 3 years b4 they are finally processed and 2013 applicants might have to wait 1 more year. The few other applicants that will be lucky from the new EE as of Jan will likely be processed concurrently cos they will be so few and as such would not add any significant load to the backlog at that time.

Concerning the fear of adding the current applicants to the pool, forget about it, that can't happen cos things are not done that way. Just as they can't apply the regulations of CEC for FSW, or Family Class for PNP is how they cant apply EE regulations which have not even taken effect for regulations that are currently in effect and binding.