+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
So a weird thing happened today, I find a new line in my eCas

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 16, 2014.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 29, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on January 9, 2015.
Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on January 15, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.
Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on January 29, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.

Any clues ?
Means they re-sent message to update eCAS on Jan-29. Nothing to worry. Its good news that they

my eCAS update that we sent you a letter on Jan-29 for citizenship test. I already received the test letter on Jan-28th which was sent on Jan-23 and I did not have eCAS access till Jan-30. So eCAS is little weird.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
Means they re-sent message to update eCAS on Jan-29. Nothing to worry. Its good news that they

my eCAS update that we sent you a letter on Jan-29 for citizenship test. I already received the test letter on Jan-28th which was sent on Jan-23 and I did not have eCAS access till Jan-30. So eCAS is little weird.
I hope you're right, coz the only guy that reported something similar got RQ'ed..

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
big congratssssssssss
finally email AOR applicants are moving forward :) i should start checking my eCAS soon hehe
jrjayl, since we share similar timelines and same local office, can you check if your eCas is showing multiple lines for the local office transfer like me please ?

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
jrjayl, since we share similar timelines and same local office, can you check if your eCas is showing multiple lines for the local office transfer like me please ?
Just checked, still four lines.
I wouldn't worry too much. ECAS is weird for us all email AOR applicants.
If it really bothers you, I suggest you call CIC to check if anything is happening on your profile.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
Just checked, still four lines.
I wouldn't worry too much. ECAS is weird for us all email AOR applicants.
If it really bothers you, I suggest you call CIC to check if anything is happening on your profile.
Just called them, said nothing wrong with my app.. Nothing extra is requested from CIC so far (RQ or otherwise).. When I asked him abt the date of transferred he said he couldn't tell and that he can only confirm that my file is in montreal.

Let's wait and see.

vivek901

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
App. Filed.......
28-01-2002
Doc's Request.
19-11-2007
Med's Request
14-04-2008
Med's Done....
24-05-2008
Passport Req..
21-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2008
LANDED..........
30-04-2009
Hi I checked my eCas status and this is what it shows,

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 5, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 8, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 29, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

My problem is I am going to be travelling for one month in April to India for my brother’s wedding. I am ok to have citizenship test before this, but I can’t take oath as I will need to surrender my Indian passport etc for which there is not enough time, I am just praying that my test happens before I leave and the oath happens after I come back

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivek901 said:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 5, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 29, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

My problem is I am going to be travelling for one month in April to India for my brother's wedding. I am ok to have citizenship test before this, but I can't take oath as I will need to surrender my Indian passport etc for which there is not enough time, I am just praying that my test happens before I leave and the oath happens after I come back
well there is no guarantee when the test will be scheduled, same for oath.
i suggest you call CIC and ask them to make a note in your profile to "not schedule test or oath during April", so they may schedule it before or after your travelling.

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivek901 said:

Citizenship

My problem is I am going to be travelling for one month in April to India for my brother's wedding. I am ok to have citizenship test before this, but I can't take oath as I will need to surrender my Indian passport etc for which there is not enough time, I am just praying that my test happens before I leave and the oath happens after I come back

You will have grace period of 90 days after acquiring Canadian citizenship to surrender Indian passport. I read this on Indian consulate website. Also ....look below:

"There is a grace period of three months after acquisition of foreign nationality (to be counted from the date of registration / Naturalisation Certificate and not from the date of foreign passport) for using Indian passport for travel."

Link: https://blsindia-canada.com/renunciation_ppt.php

Cheer up! :D

gtareddy

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivek901 said:

Citizenship

Hi,
I am exactly in the same boat like you with same timeline except traveling India in March. I called cic and added notes about my outage. I hope they will not schedule test or oath during my vacation.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's getting quiet for a few days.
Any more email AOR applicants getting test invitations?

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Congrats guys who got test invited and oath!!!!

I called CIC today was told my app is in process.
Should I believe them?
My ecase still showing RECEIVED plus 9 pages of the ATIP I have received shows NOT STARTED on background check parts except the FEE that shows COMPLETED.

Thanks

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexdive said:

Should I believe them?
My ecase still showing RECEIVED plus 9 pages of the ATIP I have received shows NOT STARTED on background check parts except the FEE that shows COMPLETED.

Thanks
I think once it is assigned to an officer it is considered in process.
Check your ecas I think your file should be showing IP and transferring soon.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
alexdive said:

Should I believe them?

Thanks
This is confusing and annoying.

I don't get why can't they update the ecase. Why can't we see what the agent see online. Agent is not physically checking the file or talking to the officer assigned when he is answering us. He is checking all in his computer. Then what makes it to show a past status to us and current status to the agent, what is reason for CIC not doing this simple thing. This would also reduce their call volumes.
They could show all the history in ecase. Like finger print request, confirming something etc.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
My GCMS info.-ATIP shows;

Page#2
ASSESSMENTS
Residence: Not Started
Language: Not Started
Knowledge: Not Started
Parentage:
Adoption:
Armed Forces:
prohibition: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Waiver:
Hearing:
Final:
Oath: Not Started
CIT Effective Date:
Discretionary Grant: N

PAPER FILE
Office: CPC Sydney
#:C0000090xx

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Due Date:
Assigned To:
Assigned By:

Above 3 are Blank

Thanks guys for sharing,

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
alexdive said:
My GCMS info.-ATIP shows;

Page#2
ASSESSMENTS
Residence: Not Started
Language: Not Started
Knowledge: Not Started
Parentage:
Adoption:
Armed Forces:
prohibition: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Waiver:
Hearing:
Final:
Oath: Not Started
CIT Effective Date:
Discretionary Grant: N

PAPER FILE
Office: CPC Sydney
#:C0000090xx

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Due Date:
Assigned To:
Assigned By:

Above 3 are Blank

Thanks guys for sharing,
Hi ,

Would you like to share the website you used to order your ATIP (GCMS)? Besides , how long did it take for you to receive your file .

Thanks