+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Good news. they are moving your file fast now.
Under this new routine, it seems they do not mark as "In process" until the file is ready to go to local office. All email AOR should expect transfer soon after change from "Received" to "In Process" unless there are some issues(criminal, background check, missing info, etc...) which are taking longer than usual.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumbu.bumbu said:
Does the ECas work in the day time. For me it doesn't work in the day time. It works during night or early morning. Is this only for me? Any one else face this difficulty?

Mine in in process sine Dec 16.
During daytime sometimes it shows "Time out" and stuff. I usually check it in the morning, it works fine for me.

Freedom4ever

May 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update

Received: 19/9/2014
Email-AOR: 17/11/2014
eCas: Active on 12/12/2014
In process: 13/1/2015

Seems things are going faster than before, when i looked for the average delays of the forum membres, we can say on average a month between each step after email AOR

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Paco said:
catchvb said:
Sadly I have not found anyone. I think by end of February new routine applicants might start seeing test invite as our application went into process and transferred to local office in Mid-Dec.
There is at least one:

patientdog said:
Gentlemen, over the holidays I received Notice to Appear for my Citizenship test on January 20, 2015. My timeline is as follows:

Citizenship:
Date Sent => 30-JUL-2014
Date Received => 05-AUG-2014
AOR via Email => 27-OCT-2014
Processing Started => 27-DEC-2014
Test Date => 20-JAN-2015
Oath Date => TBD
Didnt check if there's others.
No. I don't think patientdog is one of the email AOR recipients. I believe he got confused with AOR and email AOR. See his previous post. He hot the AOR and Book by mail.

His previous post. Post #830

So I would assume none of the so called new routine (clearly inefficient routine) applicants receive a test invite.

Freedom4ever

May 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumbu.bumbu said:
There is at least one:

Didnt check if there's others.

No. I don't think patientdog is one of the email AOR recipients. I believe he got confused with AOR and email AOR. See his previous post. He hot the AOR and Book by mail.

His previous post. Post #830

So I would assume none of the so called new routine (clearly inefficient routine) applicants receive a test invite.
Well, i think it is clear that this new routine is faster than the 24 months delay of 2013 and 2014, it is still too early for test dates even if some get their dates

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maali said:
Under this new routine, it seems they do not mark as "In process" until the file is ready to go to local office. All email AOR should expect transfer soon after change from "Received" to "In Process" unless there are some issues(criminal, background check, missing info, etc...) which are taking longer than usual.
Hey how do you know this? This is actually good news. Can you share your timeline?

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
I am bit confused !Ecas of most AOR by email applicants won't get updated from RECEIVED to IN PROCESS but the applications will be straight transferred to their local offices?

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexdive said:
I am bit confused !Ecas of most AOR by email applicants won't get updated from RECEIVED to IN PROCESS but the applications will be straight transferred to their local offices?
No, I think he meant:
1) applicants won't see an update in e-CAS (from received to in-process) until CPC-Sydney is almost ready to transfer the file to the applicant's local office, and
2) the in-process date and file transfer date will be pretty close

I'm not sure if we can assume that's in fact the new practice just by looking at a few cases that we have seen here on the forum, but here's my timeline which supports maali's observation:

On December 12, 2014, e-CAS showed:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 15, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
On December 16, 2014, e-CAS showed:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 15, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 12, 2014.
On December 23, 2014, e-CAS showed:

We started processing your application on December 12, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Kitchener office on December 18, 2014. The Kitchener office will contact you.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On ecas, when you check your status at the bottom of the page it shows the meaning of the statuses for various application type. For Citizenship "in process" means the following

"Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office closest to your home for processing.

The CIC office will complete the necessary steps for a citizenship judge to make a decision on your application. If additional information or documents are needed, the CIC office will contact you.

If you are between the ages of 18 and 54, you will have to write the citizenship test. The citizenship test will determine if you meet the language and knowledge requirements for citizenship. You will be notified by mail about the time and place of your test. Once you receive your acknowledgment letter and the booklet called Discover Canada by mail, you should begin to study for the test. Applicants who are 55 years old or older and minors are not required to take the citizenship test.

An interview with a citizenship judge may also be required. Should this be necessary, you will be notified by mail about the time and place of your interview."

Copied directly from the website.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like me and " eltorpe " are the first ones to receive the email AOR on this thread :-(.
Looks like they started trial with Kitchener applicants ;-)
When I see my friends who applied with me in Mid June having test done/oath letter received/oath done..I really feel sad for myself.
Waiting for this to be over soon. :)

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
waiting for transfer

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
catchvb said:
Looks like me and " eltorpe " are the first ones to receive the email AOR on this thread :-(.
Looks like they started trial with Kitchener applicants ;-)
When I see my friends who applied with me in Mid June having test done/oath letter received/oath done..I really feel sad for myself.
Waiting for this to be over soon. :)
There are several people received email AOR of Sep 15th. CIC was keeping the applications under their behind until then. They realized on Sep 15th we need to send some acknowledgement or there will be several more ATIP requests to answer.

" eltorpe " and you are the first ones to post it in the forum.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
is your application still in Sydney?
kumbu.bumbu said:
There are several people received email AOR of Sep 15th. CIC was keeping the applications under their behind until then. They realized on Sep 15th we need to send some acknowledgement or there will be several more ATIP requests to answer.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
51smoker said:
is your application still in Sydney?
yes. Status was the same since I was able to see it the ecase. In process and when I click it we started processing yous application on Dec 16.

BTW I see you got email confirmation in Aug. Is it the email AOR with app #? I thought first email AOR was on Sep 15th.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumbu.bumbu said:

Sometimes I feel like I can't wait anymore. LOL. I think I am being restless as my current passport is expiring soon and I do not want to renew and do no more documentation.. :(