+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl and Segalesh, has your eCas changed after the oath invitation yet ?

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
No my ECAS does not show any info regarding the oath invitation.
In some cases it does show tho. I'd suggest if you do not receive any updates until June 19th, order an ATIP to see what is happening on your file.
I'd predict that you should receive oath letter by then.

Segalesh

Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine too. It's still in test step. Did you call in these days to CIC?

yr97 said:

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Segalesh said:
Mine too. It's still in test step. Did you call in these days to CIC?
Yeah, most of them are giving me the "We're not allowed to open ur file before 24 months" and others are giving me "The wait time after the test is 6 months", one said "The wait time after the test is a year". Last helpful lady who actually opened my file, was about 2 weeks ago, said there's nothing yet sent but it should be "soon".

Segalesh

Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Keep calling. If you are french too, Ask in french. normally they are more kind, in my opinion. by the way, their info is not certain. because they told me there is a date in your file that is not conform yet. call in 2 days. but when I arrived home the letter was in my mail box.

yr97 said:
Yeah, most of them are giving me the "We're not allowed to open ur file before 24 months" and others are giving me "The wait time after the test is 6 months", one said "The wait time after the test is a year". Last helpful lady who actually opened my file, was about 2 weeks ago, said there's nothing yet sent but it should be "soon".

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Segalesh said:
Keep calling. If you are french too, Ask in french. normally they are more kind, in my opinion. by the way, their info is not certain. because they told me there is a date in your file that is not conform yet. call in 2 days. but when I arrived home the letter was in my mail box.
Thanks for the tip! Yeah, I'm trying both in english and french. Same incompetency, though u're right, they seem to be more polite in french..

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
Thanks for the tip! Yeah, I'm trying both in english and french. Same incompetency, though u're right, they seem to be more polite in french..
Order ATIP if you feel the need, that is your ultimate tool. Just it takes longer time to obtain.

omnomnom3

Apr 14, 2015
Timeline:
Note: I had a new routine citizenship application C000XXXXX.

1. App Received: End of June 2014
2. Email AOR: End of August 2014 (No physical letter was sent)
- I called the call centre sometime in September and was told I probably wouldn't hear anything from them for another year.
3. Processing started early December 2014
4. File was transfered to Scarborough a few days later
5. Test notice was mailed out end of Feb. 2015 (approx. 10 day notice for the test). My ecas was updated before I got the letter. I wrote and aced the test in early March and was told that it would take 2-4 months to receive the oath.
6. Oath letter was sent mid-May, ecas was updated the same day they sent it. Letter wasn't received until a few days later. Test was held in Toronto (instead of Scarborough but it was run by the Scarborough office).

In total it took:
11 months and 6 days (from the day my application was received to the day of the oath).
81 days from the test date to oath date

Based on the forum posts, there are people who wrote the test after me and received the oath before. Don't worry too much about it. It picks up and slows down. Good luck to everyone and thank you for your support.

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omnomnom3 said:
Timeline:

- I called the call centre sometime in September and was told I probably wouldn't hear anything from them for another year.
5. Test notice was mailed out end of Feb. 2015 (approx. 10 day notice for the test). My ecas was updated before I got the letter. I wrote and aced the test in early March and was told that it would take 2-4 months to receive the oath.
6. Oath letter was sent mid-May, ecas was updated the same day they sent it. Letter wasn't received until a few days later. Test was held in Toronto (instead of Scarborough but it was run by the Scarborough office).

In total it took:
11 months and 6 days (from the day my application was received to the day of the oath).

Based on the forum posts, there are people who wrote the test after me and received the oath before. Don't worry too much about it. It picks up and slows down. Good luck to everyone and thank you for your support.
Congratulations. I hope I will receive the oath letter this summer. :)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
omnomnom3 said:
Timeline:

In total it took:

congratulations :)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
So, I took my oath on June 3 at London office and became a citizen, eh!

I wrote about my experience in August 2014 Citizenship thread, if you're interested. Good luck to all!!!

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just a little update, don't think it has anything to do with oath: My LOT disappeared from eCas, now I just have 4 lines:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 29, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 9, 2015.

We sent you a notice on March 6, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 19, 2015 at 2:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
just a little update, don't think it has anything to do with oath: My LOT disappeared from eCas, now I just have 4 lines:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 29, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 9, 2015.

We sent you a notice on March 6, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 19, 2015 at 2:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
It was just a system glitch or some update because it is supposed to be back on now. I just checked my ecas now and the local office line came back.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ilkar said:
It was just a system glitch or some update because it is supposed to be back on now. I just checked my ecas now and the local office line came back.
It didn't come back for mine.