RPRF: May 15; RCMP: June 02
Passport Req..
23-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
18-10-2014
md4me said:
Hi All Friends need your help in my current situation.

I landed on 29th October. My PR card status as updated by CIC call centre is that it is approved and waiting in queue to print and mail. I am employed here in Toronto. Now my problem is I am travelling out of Canada this friday. I have a US B1/B2 visa. Can I travel back to Buffalo Niagra International Airport and then rent a car in Buffalo to drive to Canada with my COPR? I am seeing this as a viable option since I have limited time for my vacation and have to report back to work hence cant wait to apply for travel document in my home country. Will US immigration or Canadian Immigration create any problem..Please let me know your thoughts.. Thanks in advance
That's exactly what I am doing for my Mexico trip. Flying back through LAX to Montana - Car rental - and then drive through the border to Canada. I have already crossed the US-Canada border 2 weeks ago (after landing, with COPR) - Canada has no issue whatsoever - literally takes 2 minutes. US Immigration on the other hand might require some explanation. As long you have legit reasonings - I don't see an issue.

Car Rental cost to pick up at Great Falls airport and drop it off in Calgary - >$400 --> cross-border!! Plus gas, plus 6 hours of driving. Only if CIC understood the misery and uncertainty people go through because of inefficiency on their end. Have no choice but to spend another extra $1200 on top.... I leave on the 18th but I am not expecting the card to get here by then. :mad:

md4me

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
samzzzz said:
That's exactly what I am doing for my Mexico trip. Flying back through LAX to Montana - Car rental - and then drive through the border to Canada. I have already crossed the US-Canada border 2 weeks ago (after landing, with COPR) - Canada has no issue whatsoever - literally takes 2 minutes. US Immigration on the other hand might require some explanation. As long you have legit reasonings - I don't see an issue.

Car Rental cost to pick up at Great Falls airport and drop it off in Calgary - >$400 --> cross-border!! Plus gas, plus 6 hours of driving. Only if CIC understood the misery and uncertainty people go through because of inefficiency on their end. Have no choice but to spend another extra $1200 on top.... I leave on the 18th but I am not expecting the card to get here by then. :mad:

Thanks Samzz... When you say legit reasonings for US immigration.. I am bit confused... should we tell them the exact reason about PR card or ????

rajsaigal

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samzzzz said:

Hey samzz, I totally feel your frustration as i m going through the same. I landed on 19 and pr card is still not here. This whole process is so annoying. Can just wait to get over with this bullshit. They should understand that ppl have to travel for christmas to meet their near and dear ones. Totally inefficient of them. Really hoping to get the card soon so that i can travel home.

samzzzz

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-11-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-07-2014 (IP)
Med's Request
27-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
23-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
18-10-2014
md4me said:
Thanks Samzz... When you say legit reasonings for US immigration.. I am bit confused... should we tell them the exact reason about PR card or ????
Yea exactly. When it comes to US customs - honesty is the best policy. Altho in some instances I have noticed that they are not completely familiarized with Canadian PR Card policies. End of the day, they might have more questions to verify the authenticity (more time), but they will have to let us in, that's what I meant.

md4me

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
samzzzz said:
Yea exactly. When it comes to US customs - honesty is the best policy. Altho in some instances I have noticed that they are not completely familiarized with Canadian PR Card policies. End of the day, they might have more questions to verify the authenticity (more time), but they will have to let us in, that's what I meant.
Thanks Samzzzz.. so it's best that I tell US customs that I will be driving from Buffalo to Toronto with my COPR.. and I used this route because I do not have PR card yet..???

samzzzz

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-11-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-07-2014 (IP)
Med's Request
27-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
23-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
18-10-2014
rajsaigal said:
Hey samzz, I totally feel your frustration as i m going through the same. I landed on 19 and pr card is still not here. This whole process is so annoying. Can just wait to get over with this bull*censored word*. They should understand that ppl have to travel for christmas to meet their near and dear ones. Totally inefficient of them. Really hoping to get the card soon so that i can travel home.
Agreed man.

Freckle

Mar 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally, pr card application status changed to Complete this morning.

Was in process since November 6th.

Tomalika Chowdhury

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
I called CIC and they are saying my card is approved and showing pending status. Its not sent for printing. They dont know the reason. The agent send email to office about a month ago, didnt receive any reply. My ECAS is showing in process for more than a month now. I did my landing more than 2 months.

Anyone have any idea what does the pending status mean? Is there anyone who heard same from cic call center?
Please assist.

Freckle

Mar 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tomalika Chowdhury said:
I called CIC and they are saying my card is approved and showing pending status. Its not sent for printing. They dont know the reason. The agent send email to office about a month ago, didnt receive any reply. My ECAS is showing in process for more than a month now. I did my landing more than 2 months.

Anyone have any idea what does the pending status mean? Is there anyone who heard same from cic call center?
Please assist.
Hi Tomalika

maybe you can try to call CIC again go get to a different agent who might know what pending means?

Tomalika Chowdhury

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Hi Freckle,

I did it too. But no luck. They dont know what is the reason for pending. They told, they cannot tell anything unless they hear back from cic office.

md4me

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Freckle said:

Congrats Freckle... Now I am hoping my status also will change soon. Which city do you live in? pls keep me posted how much time it took between status complete and to receive the card once you get it..

md4me

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Hi All,

I spoke to CIC call centre.. They told they have mailed my PR card today.. I live in Mississauga. Can anyone tell me how sooner do you think I can receive them.. Hoping to receive it soon as I am travelling out of country tomorrow night Sad

samzzzz

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-11-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-07-2014 (IP)
Med's Request
27-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
23-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
18-10-2014
Freckle said:

Just checked. Mine changed to "COMPLETE" too! yayy

rajsaigal

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samzzzz said:
Just checked. Mine changed to "COMPLETE" too! yayy
Congrats samzz, finally ur card will be here before u leave. That wa a long wait. Hopefully i get mine soon too.