+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLICANTS IN WINNIPEG PLZ COME IN!

vaniris

Nov 12, 2012
Hi to all applicants in Winnipeg,

My friends and I have been waiting for two years since we applied citizenship, however none of us been scheduled for a test.
We all know that it's way too short on officers down here, therefore we emailed our MPs just hope they can propose this to the federal government and Mr. Jason Kenney, at least we don't have to wait hopelessly and our voices can be heard.

If you're upset the long waiting just like us please write to your MPs so they can hear more people from us. I just feel I should give a try, after all there's no harm trying to speak out. Hope you guys can do it too!!!

Thank you all!

Vaniris

ruth_g

Mar 12, 2013
It took 26 months since I submitted my application to get the test. Good luck to you and your friends.

vaniris

Nov 12, 2012
ruth_g said:
It took 26 months since I submitted my application to get the test. Good luck to you and your friends.
Thank you ruth_g, glad you are getting done your application.

gracexiang

Mar 15, 2013
I submitted my application in late Feb 2011 and get processed in Nov. 29, 2011. Currently, My status is still in process. I called federal last month and today I received a call from immigration canada- citizenship winnipeg office and was informed I need to wait another 2-6 months.

vaniris

Nov 12, 2012
gracexiang said:
I submitted my application in late Feb 2011 and get processed in Nov. 29, 2011. Currently, My status is still in process. I called federal last month and today I received a call from immigration canada- citizenship winnipeg office and was informed I need to wait another 2-6 months.

Hi Gracexiang,

Do you know when your file was transferred to Winnipeg local office? because that could be the key why is taking so long.
Also when you say you called federal last month is that CIC call centre or some other department? I have contacted call centre numberous times, all I got is wait, wait and be patient. At least local office directly phoned you, could you please tell us how did you do in order to get informed by local? Thanks a lot and good luck!

gracexiang

Mar 15, 2013
Hi Vaniris, I have no idea when my file was transferred to Winnipeg. I called the center 1-888-242-2100 in Feb and the agent told me he would send a letter to the local office for speeding up.

vaniris

Nov 12, 2012
gracexiang said:
Hi Vaniris, I have no idea when my file was transferred to Winnipeg. I called the center 1-888-242-2100 in Feb and the agent told me he would send a letter to the local office for speeding up.

Hi Gracexiang,

I didn't know mine either because they stopped showing when our files were transferred to local offices in 2011, people who applied before they actually were able to see by themselves on E-cas status. Currently you can only get this information by calling CIC call centre, those agents would tell you. In your case, I think your file was sitting on local office desk over than 9 months, and that's why call centre agent requested for you.

note

Feb 27, 2013
People with Dec 2010 to Jan 2011 submission (roughly speaking) were invited for tests last a couple of weeks. So Grace will be called for the test next time they schedule one. I think they may schedule a couple of oath ceremonies before another round of tests.

Past Oath dates

Manitoba
Via Rail
123 Main Street
Date: 2012-11-20
Time: 1:30 PM
Description: 80 new Canadians will receive their citizenship.
Other Dwight Macaulay will preside.
Open to Public: Yes
Telephone: (888)242-2100

Manitoba Legislative Building
200-450 Broadway Ave.
Date: 2012-12-12
Time: 11:00 AM
Description: 30 new Canadians will receive their citizenship.
Other Dwight MacAulay will preside.

Via Rail Station
101-123 Main Street
Date: 2013-02-20
Time: 1:30 PM
Description: 80 new Canadians will receive their citizenship.
Order of Canada Recipient Dwight MacAulay will preside.

Test in March, so no oath scheduled.

Oath would be held in April, I guess.