+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Turkey - Lets unite under this topic

tugcen88

Jan 9, 2020
Hello again, i actually found him and he seems like a very nice person but in general in turkey , the translation offices do not know anything so they basically confused me over and over again.

anyhow, the goverment wants the certified copies of the original documents, translation and affidavit.

From what i figured out even though i still have questions.

Firstly i would have to give my original documents to notorized sworn translater. The translator will make a photocopy of the documents. Then he will stamp the documents saying this is a certified true copy of the original documents and he will stamp his own stamp,

then it will be translated to english and translator will stamp his own stamp, office stamp and then will go to the notary to notorize them.

also he said he would write a letter like an affidavit, like sworn translation explanation.

because the goverment only wants the copies of the originals moreover Mr Murat said if i get it translated by him, i would still need to get them notorized therefore, i found the other option

yanbe

Aug 14, 2019
Hello again, i actually found him and he seems like a very nice person but in general in turkey , the translation offices do not know anything so they basically confused me over and over again.

anyhow, the goverment wants the certified copies of the original documents, translation and affidavit.

From what i figured out even though i still have questions.

Firstly i would have to give my original documents to notorized sworn translater. The translator will make a photocopy of the documents. Then he will stamp the documents saying this is a certified true copy of the original documents and he will stamp his own stamp,

then it will be translated to english and translator will stamp his own stamp, office stamp and then will go to the notary to notorize them.

also he said he would write a letter like an affidavit, like sworn translation explanation.

because the goverment only wants the copies of the originals moreover Mr Murat said if i get it translated by him, i would still need to get them notorized therefore, i found the other option
Well...we are foreigners in Turkey but have lived quite enough here to provide a police check. It was the only doc that Murat bey translated for us, and we didn't use a notary further. I mean, he just put his ATIO stamp on the docs and it was enough, I uploaded these docs in the system a few months ago, but we haven't heard back from the Canada government yet.
As far as I have read in the instructions on how to fill out the docs for PR it says EITHER affidavit is required (which is a problem in Turkey) OR a stamp of a licensed translator approved by Canada. The issue might be is that ATIO is the translators' association of Ontario, if you're going to another province it might be different. Hope it helps a bit...

zehraZ

Oct 3, 2020
Hi folks,

I will apply for express entry. I hope to get ITA soon. What would you recommend me to prepare the required documents before ITA. I thought it would be better if I had them and upload them once I was chosen. Thanks in advance & Stay safe!

Pofsally

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Hi folks,

I will apply for express entry. I hope to get ITA soon. What would you recommend me to prepare the required documents before ITA. I thought it would be better if I had them and upload them once I was chosen. Thanks in advance & Stay safe!
Education credential (eca) is very important and it takes time to get. If you haven’t apply, do it as soon as possible. Secondly, if you do not have ielts you need to get it as soon as possible. If you have lived abroad more than 6 months, you will need police record for that, you might consider ordering it as soon as possible (check cic’s website, you cannot get from embassy’s in turkey). Reference letters will be tough to get. The hr’s are not very helpful to provide all information cic asks for. If you have good relationships with either your managers/ex managers/hr you can get it. There is a checklist for all documents in cic’s website. Make sure that you read it in detail. You can get bank statements (ask for konsolosluk yazisi) and get your turkish police record with apostile in english after ita.

zehraZ

Oct 3, 2020
Thank you for your answer. ECA and IELTS are done. However, I am a devlet memuru :) at a hospital so I do not know what procedure I should follow to get a reference letter. Does anyone experience the same situation?

ignorant

Dec 15, 2016
Istanbul, Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I wanted to gather Turkish applicant applying for Express Entry under this topic for easier information exchange.
My main purpose in launching this will be about sharing tips & tricks specially applicable to Turkey.
We might consider about forming a Whatsapp group later on.

Cheers & good luck
Wow! A lot of water under the bridge... Almost 4 years

zehraZ

Oct 3, 2020
Wow! A lot of water under the bridge... Almost 4 years
Hi! I am new to all of this process and trying to learn how it works. I highly appreciate it if you give me some tips with your 4 years experience

I am confused about employer reference. Is SGK documents enough or I must get a letter from director of hospital (Adana City Hospital).

ignorant

Dec 15, 2016
Istanbul, Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! I am new to all of this process and trying to learn how it works. I highly appreciate it if you give me some tips with your 4 years experience

I am confused about employer reference. Is SGK documents enough or I must get a letter from director of hospital (Adana City Hospital).
I'd get both & have them translated, That's how we did back then.

Abbssis

Jun 29, 2021
Hello everyone, this thread had been quite for a while.
I have a question for those who went through the same procedures as I am now. I got a nomination from Manitoba, and 2 days later I got an ITA from IRCC through my express entry profile, after accepting the nomination of course!!
All my documents are ready, and I did an upfront medical exam through IOM Istanbul, as indicated on the IRCC website, the problem is that they have not sent me the e medical document containing my UMI number so I can upload it in my profile and submit an application. They are being very vague about it, does anyone know how long it would take them to send me the reports? because it is mandatory for me to upload them to submit an application.

Thank you

Derek777

Apr 3, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I am from Nigeria and I live in Turkey My question is I got my police report from my e-devlet and I have submitted my application. also got my biometrics done. I checked my RCC portal it's saying they are processing my application and they will send me a message if there's an update. I would like to know if I should go to the courthouse and do another police check. If yes how can I resubmit the police check from the RCC website?

Please any ideas from anyone

Last edited:

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am from Nigeria and I live in Turkey My question is I got my police report from my e-devlet and I have submitted my application. also got my biometrics done. I checked my RCC portal it's saying they are processing my application and they will send me a message if there's an update. I would like to know if I should go to the courthouse and do another police check. If yes how can I resubmit the police check from the RCC website?
Please any ideas from anyone
You can use IRCC webform to submit extra document. AFAIK you request police certificate in English from courthouse but in the past it has been taking some time because it’d been issued by Ankara.