11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
Any CIMA finalists who got CPA Canada ? Please give us a pathway how you got it
You need to have COPR and proof of residency of a province to apply. You can start the process with approved COPR. But you need to land and provide proof of residency to go higher in the process. Check-in CPA website in your particular province. Because there are slight differences in the process from province to province. Also, I do not know about finalists but need to have 2 years prior experience from the date you receive ACMA.

Reactions: Ashsha

Ashsha

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
You need to have COPR and proof of residency of a province to apply. You can start the process with approved COPR. But you need to land and provide proof of residency to go higher in the process. Check-in CPA website in your particular province. Because there are slight differences in the process from province to province. Also, I do not know about finalists but need to have 2 years prior experience from the date you receive ACMA.
Thank you.
Do you know how many exemptions does CIMA give for CPA modules?? The website says they don't take any evaluation applications as of now. To check assessment

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
Thank you.
Do you know how many exemptions does CIMA give for CPA modules?? The website says they don't take any evaluation applications as of now. To check assessment
They used to give a full exemption to CIMA. I have been asked to take one online module to take CPA Alberta. But CIMA has separate MRAS with CPA provinces. If they say they say they are not taking applications it may be the MRA laps. Try with another province.

TTP

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Any CIMA finalists who got CPA Canada ? Please give us a pathway how you got it
Write to the relevant CPA office of your province . They will send you the applications and the instructions . Some rules change based on the province .
The applications give you sub categories to fill work experience . The site has clear definition of all the sub categories . Follow those and fill.

TTP

Star Member
May 23, 2018
They used to give a full exemption to CIMA. I have been asked to take one online module to take CPA Alberta. But CIMA has separate MRAS with CPA provinces. If they say they say they are not taking applications it may be the MRA laps. Try with another province.
I am an ACMA with Managerial experience still CPA Alberta wanted me to cover 12 months.. I am going to re apply

Ashsha

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
I am an ACMA with Managerial experience still CPA Alberta wanted me to cover 12 months.. I am going to re apply
Actually, at the moment, we are thinking to go in study permit, so I was think should I do a course which will be exempted to CPA, although CIMA will give exemptions.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Greetings to all,
Has anyone got driving extracts from Sri Lanka. Getting this is important to get the waiting time for driving license in Canada?
Can someone kindly explain the procedure to get it from Sri Lanka please

Thanks

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
Greetings to all,
Has anyone got driving extracts from Sri Lanka. Getting this is important to get the waiting time for driving license in Canada?

Thanks
Driving extracts or ur driver's license doesn't make much difference to get GDL 5 or equivalent here. Driving extracts may help to reduce ur insurance cost. But dt can be done through ur SL insurance company also. I do not know how to get DL extracts from SL.

Last edited:

Samurai89

Nov 30, 2018
Greetings to all,

Thanks

If you have driven in SL for more than 5 years (but I also remember this as 3 years) - you don't have to do G2 after passing your knowledge test. Meaning you do the knowledge test and then hire an instructor, learn how to drive here (because there are many differences) then take the final exam which is the G exam. Once you pass, you get the full license.

To get the DL extract, you need to go to RMV in Verahara, ask for an International Driving License Extract and they give you a paper signed and sealed by RMV with license acquired and expiry dates. You should take this and go to Foreign Beaurau in the Seyaln bank building in front of WTC. Get this paper attested (they sort of give you a confirmation that it is a true copy) and bring this to Canada. Once you go to take the exam at the Drive test centre of your choice, provide them with the DL extract and let them know you intend to take the G exam directly after the Knowledge test (G1).

Hope that makes sense. I followed all of the above and did my G1 and waiting for the final test. Good luck

Reactions: ruka and gayajust

Chabbi

Sep 24, 2020
Sri Lanka
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
This is my first post and these days I am working on my IELTS.

Happy to Sri Lankans in a forum like this and would like to know how are the opportunities for Human Resources Professionals? I am 32 and looking for a PNP program if I got average score in IELTS. Unless will apply for Express Entry if I got flying score in IELTS. ;)

Thanks !!

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
If you have driven in SL for more than 5 years (but I also remember this as 3 years) - you don't have to do G2 after passing your knowledge test. Meaning you do the knowledge test and then hire an instructor, learn how to drive here (because there are many differences) then take the final exam which is the G exam. Once you pass, you get the full license.

To get the DL extract, you need to go to RMV in Verahara, ask for an International Driving License Extract and they give you a paper signed and sealed by RMV with license acquired and expiry dates. You should take this and go to Foreign Beaurau in the Seyaln bank building in front of WTC. Get this paper attested (they sort of give you a confirmation that it is a true copy) and bring this to Canada. Once you go to take the exam at the Drive test centre of your choice, provide them with the DL extract and let them know you intend to take the G exam directly after the Knowledge test (G1).

Hope that makes sense. I followed all of the above and did my G1 and waiting for the final test. Good luck
Thanks a lot mate.
Can I get the extract from Verahara in one day or is there a waiting period ? And how much do they charge

Thanks

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Driving extracts or ur driver's license doesn't make much difference to get GDL 5 or equivalent here. Driving extracts may help to reduce ur insurance cost. But dt can be done through ur SL insurance company also. I do not know how to get DL extracts from SL.
Thanks mate