+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
I ordered for my UK postgraduate transcript and received them today. However, I’m afraid it does not meet WES’s requirements: not in official university envelope, no seal, no signature. It’s just a brown envelope with a cello tape across the flap. I’m not sure if WES would accept this. Also, can’t be sure if the brown envelope contains another envelope lol.
Definitely, WES will not accept this one according to your first point.

A you said, there may be another envelope inside that envelope which was made according to the correct requirements. You need to confirm that from the university. Generally, all the reputed universities are aware about these procedures. So, I don't think they just sent the docs for the sake of sending.

Reactions: Vaseeni

surent5

Oct 10, 2017
Hi @amypls4 , could you please recommend one?
Hi guys, what's the best place to take IELTS at? I have attempted IELTS about four times and gotten band 8 in all four times but have come down by .5 either in reading or writing in all 4 times :( Please give me some tips.

Thanks a billion!

Vaseeni

Dec 11, 2018
Definitely, WES will not accept this one according to your first point.

A you said, there may be another envelope inside that envelope which was made according to the correct requirements. You need to confirm that from the university. Generally, all the reputed universities are aware about these procedures. So, I don't think they just sent the docs for the sake of sending.
I checked with the university and they actually placed the transcripts in the brown envelope. No second envelope. But I stressed on how important it is to adhere to WES requirements (which I did anyway when ordering the transcripts) and this time they agreed to resend it in the required way, if I could return back the transcripts. That’s a good thing as I don’t have to pay for it again phew. Fingers crossed they don’t mess it up this time.

Ordering transcripts from some foreign universities is such a stressful process :(

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
I checked with the university and they actually placed the transcripts in the brown envelope. No second envelope. But I stressed on how important it is to adhere to WES requirements (which I did anyway when ordering the transcripts) and this time they agreed to resend it in the required way, if I could return back the transcripts. That’s a good thing as I don’t have to pay for it again phew. Fingers crossed they don’t mess it up this time.

Ordering transcripts from some foreign universities is such a stressful process :(
Ok, hopefully they will send it correctly second time.

In my case, I have done my MBA from a university in Australia. So, they have sent the transcript directly to the WES.
They charged me a fee for that service. However, it took almost one month to complete the process...:rolleyes:

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Hi guys, what's the best place to take IELTS at? I have attempted IELTS about four times and gotten band 8 in all four times but have come down by .5 either in reading or writing in all 4 times :( Please give me some tips.

Thanks a billion!
First of all congratulations for the strong IELTS scores in rest of the modules...

I had the experiences of doing IELTS in both BC and ACBT. There is not much of a difference between these two institutes. But, I prefer ACBT over BC considering the 3 day workshop they conducted prior to the examination. It helped me a lot in knowing some exam tips.

Actually, when it comes to writing, you need to practice very hard and be extra careful on your grammar and spelling mistakes. The .5 mark difference could be due to that. In Reading, please try to practice skim reading to manage time effectively. I think you almost there, just need to be more focused, then you'll be alright...Good Luck...!!!

Reactions: Vaseeni

Vaseeni

Dec 11, 2018
Ok, hopefully they will send it correctly second time.

In my case, I have done my MBA from a university in Australia. So, they have sent the transcript directly to the WES.
They charged me a fee for that service. However, it took almost one month to complete the process...:rolleyes:
Your university is awesome! I considered doing that. Seemed very straightforward to have the university send transcripts to WES directly. But I have trust issues with my university haha - can never tell. Glad I asked them to send the transcripts to me, else would have never known about the mishap.

Woah - one month. I guess I can expect the same. This entire process drives me crazy :confused:

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Your university is awesome! I considered doing that. Seemed very straightforward to have the university send transcripts to WES directly. But I have trust issues with my university haha - can never tell. Glad I asked them to send the transcripts to me, else would have never known about the mishap.

Woah - one month. I guess I can expect the same. This entire process drives me crazy :confused:
Any update from your university? Did you receive the transcripts?

babyshamini14

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Hi, first of all you need to check your eligibility for apply for PR. Please refer below link. You should get at least 67 marks to become eligible to apply for Canada PR.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

If you met your eligibility criteria, you can start the process. To make it easier, please follow below step-by-step process.
1. Take IELTS (General) Examination
2. Assess academic qualification through a recommended organisation (E.g. WES)
3. Create a EE (Express Entry) profile
4. Getting an invitation from IRCC to apply for PR. (Refer below to get an idea of how the score system should work, you need to have at least 440-450 score to increase the chances of getting an invitation)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html
5. Submit the PR application through online account.
6. Getting the PR status (standard time is 6 months after submitting PR application)
7. Getting CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residency)

The entire process will take around 1 year. You can find detailed information by following below URL.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html
Thank u so much

babyshamini14

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Hi I'm a dentist i lived in India for 21 yrs as refugee studied n worked there for 1 yr... Now I came Back to srilanka ...will my work experience in India. Be considered as I worked as refugee?

amypls4

Jul 11, 2017
Hi @amypls4 , could you please recommend one?
Hi sorry for late reply..i think if you have enough crs score,better do the process by urself. It will save u lot of money.. considering agents, i would recommend Montrella consultants Bamba...i have heard Asian managment services is also good...try Zenith immigration as wella

amypls4

Jul 11, 2017

Thanks a billion!
Me too have experience both with BC and ACBT where i too prefer ACBT. For reading, fist start doinf academic readibg papers..they are harder. After doing couple of reading papers in academic module, attempt general reading..ul find general paper is m

amypls4

Jul 11, 2017

Thanks a billion!
Me too have experience both with BC and ACBT where i too prefer ACBT. For reading, fist start doinf academic readibg papers..they are harder. After doing couple of reading papers in academic module, attempt general reading..ul find general paper is much more easier... :)