+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
My profile got updated last week. My timeline is as follows.

AOR :24th July 2018
MEP : 14th August 2018
IP1: 15th August 2018
IP2: 26th/ 27th October 2018
Waiting for PPR
Many Congratulations @akila868 , Hopefully you willl get the golden PPR mail pretty soon...:)

Btw, did you know what is your VO? And also, did you receive an email regarding the update or you just checked the account by logging to the system? Would also like to know you are a single applicant or not?

Reactions: akila868

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Is there any class you can recommend for IELTS. Did several times but cannot score beyond 6.5 for writing.
I had experiences of doing IELTS both BC and ACBT..Both in their Kandy branches...But, I didn't follow any classes..However, I went for a workshop conducted by ACBT just before the exam. It was a 3 day one and cost me around 8000 LKR. I must say it was a really good one..Even, BS was also not bad..I did IELTS exams there just for a change, and to increase my marks. ( to get 8 each for each of the modules)

I have referred mostly the online materials and the recommended Cambridge Books. And also used the booklet given by both BC and ACBT at the time of registration...When it comes to writing, you'll need to practice and it's better if you have someone to work with you. The person should NOT has to be a teacher, but a friend who has a good knowledge, and can correct your papers...And also, please be mindful on paragraphing, grammar, spellings etc. Sometimes, that will be the difference between 6.5 and 7.0..

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Already crossed 6 months, approaching 7. Really SL candidates application process is slow?
Could you please share your timeline? Did you order GCMS notes at any stage to get to know any progress? Did they every request an additional documents from you?

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
AOR-7th April. No didnt order GCMS notes. They requested within first week after AOR. Thereafter no progress.
Most of the Sri Lankans are hitting the 5 months mark! But, in your case, now it has passed the 6 months landmark also. Therefore, you can now either call IRCC or email them and ask about the progress. Additionally, you can also apply for GCMS notes to get to know the progress...you can do it via gcmsbuddy.com, it will cost you around $10, and will take around 30-35 days to receive the notes.

The best thing for you to call or email them and ask the progress since it already passes the 6 months milestone...

jayson_mires

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Actually emailed them. Typical standard reply-application in process.

But the email does say the file is in Colombo. Does that signify anything?

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Actually emailed them. Typical standard reply-application in process.

But the email does say the file is in Colombo. Does that signify anything?
Yes, I think the Visa Office matters...There are some slowly processing VOs and some are quicker...It depends...So, don't have much information regarding those...I think GCMS notes are the next best option you have..

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Many Congratulations @akila868 , Hopefully you willl get the golden PPR mail pretty soon...:)

Btw, did you know what is your VO? And also, did you receive an email regarding the update or you just checked the account by logging to the system? Would also like to know you are a single applicant or not?
Thanks friend. Hope everything goes well. And I wish you all the best too. Your status will change too, just keep an eye-out for it. :)

No I don't know my VO. Did not check it. But I ordered GCMS notes on 01st Oct 18.
I didn't receive any email, the profile showed as updated/ changed. I just checked and saw the update.
Primary+Dependent (02 ppl)

Reactions: Heshan and amypls4

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Guys anyone know your VO? I am still stuck at IP2
I have ordered GCMS notes on Oct 2nd. According to their timelines, it should receive within this week...I will post as soon as I receive them...

Sometimes it will take around 2 weeks to move from IP2 to PPR...Hope, you will receive the golden email pretty sooner...

Reactions: amypls4

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Thanks friend. Hope everything goes well. And I wish you all the best too. Your status will change too, just keep an eye-out for it. :)

No I don't know my VO. Did not check it. But I ordered GCMS notes on 01st Oct 18.
I didn't receive any email, the profile showed as updated/ changed. I just checked and saw the update.
Primary+Dependent (02 ppl)
Thanks for the details buddy!
Initially, I thought they are sending a mail...Therefore, I do not accessing my Account frequently...But, now seems I have to...;)

Reactions: akila868

amypls4

Jul 11, 2017
I have ordered GCMS notes on Oct 2nd. According to their timelines, it should receive within this week...I will post as soon as I receive them...

Sometimes it will take around 2 weeks to move from IP2 to PPR...Hope, you will receive the golden email pretty sooner...
THanx @Heshan ...This forum is really a relief .. :)

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Received an ITA (FSW Oct 29th Draw) a few hours back. Appreciate everyone's valuable comments and feedback.