VISA ISSUED...
DM on 30-11-2012
LANDED..........
Planning for SEP.13
send it through BLUE Dart

moneyrocks

Mar 10, 2011
Hello Babbu bhai sahib,

First of all, I would like to congratulate you for your visa and landing in Canada. Hope you are settling down there braving cold conditions of Canada.

I have returned to this forum after a long time and am sorry to have missed many useful posts.

Kindly share your house and job hunting experiences and good tips for the applicants who are dreaming to arrive in Canada in the next few months.

Where in Canada you have settled and what kind of job have you got? There is so much of negativity here about job market there, immigrants being compelled to accept survival and menial jobs. Is it true that an immigrant requires local education or certification to land a respectable job?

Your real life experience and observations will provide guidance to many.

Wishing you Happy Holidays, Merry X-mas and Happy New Year in advance.

moneyrocks

venkpeters

Jan 9, 2012
nirvana555 said:
Hi everyone...
I have already recvd medical request from NDVO and have completed my medicals and ready to send my passport to NDVO. My qs is can i personally go and drop my passport to the CHC or it has to be sent through mail/courier?

Thanks
Send it through Bluedart. You take all the required documents along with passport(s) to the bluedart office without sealing the cover. They might check your passport numbers before sending it. You may also required to sign in a document which bluedart folks will give you. Its just for formality sake for sending the passport. I sent it last week, passports reached embassy in one day. All the best.

Send it to this address without PO box no.

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
7/8 Shantipath
Chanakyapuri
New Delhi - 110 021

nirvana555

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks

venkpeters said:
Send it through Bluedart. You take all the required documents along with passport(s) to the bluedart office without sealing the cover. They might check your passport numbers before sending it. You may also required to sign in a document which bluedart folks will give you. Its just for formality sake for sending the passport. I sent it last week, passports reached embassy in one day. All the best.

Send it to this address without PO box no.

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
7/8 Shantipath
Chanakyapuri
New Delhi - 110 021

sumuduep

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-2012
IELTS Request
Send along with application
File Transfer...
02-2012
Med's Request
09-2013
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Anybody know when I will get MR...from LVO... ??? LVO is start the MI3 application for issue MR...??

abhijeet9k

Jan 14, 2011
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER - 06-03-2012
AOR Received.
28-03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application. Overall 8.0
File Transfer...
28-03-2012
Med's Request
04-12-2012 & RPRF Request Received
Med's Done....
3rd line updated - Meds Received 13/01/2013 & RPRF encashed 21/12/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2013
LANDED..........
Landed on 26-06-2013
just finished my medicals today and forwarded RPRF draft...wait for result begins!!!

Mikey76

Star Member
Nov 10, 2010
Thanks everyone for the support over the past couple of months.

I completed my landing at Lewiston Queenston bridge and wanted to share my experience.

I started from Toronto at around 2:30 PM and reached around Niagara at 4 PM. There we took a small break in between and then headed to Route 405 towards Lewiston Queenston Bridge. It took around 20 mins to reach to the crossing. Officer asked me the reason for the visit and I told that we are here for completing the landing formalities. He took our passports and directed us to park my car and see the immigration officer inside the building. He did handover a white receipt that contained just my car license plate and total number of passengers.

we parked our car (another office pointed us where to park) and then went inside the immigration office. We were told to be seated and will be called soon. There were many people ahead of us. In another 45 mins, my name was called and officer asked me the reason for my visit. I told him the same thing, that we are here to complete the landing formalities and not to cross the border to USA. He took another 10 mins, printed a paper containing our names that we have been Denied entry into USA and the reason being 'flagpole'. I asked, whether this is going to impact my future USA visa stamping. He said, that this is a formality that is imposed by the Canadian government and it should not have any impact, but he cannot confirm. He asked me to bring my car from the parking spot, verified the license plate and handed over the paper as well as passports. The total time at the US border was around 1 hour.

we went to Tim Horton, took some snacks/coffee and then started for Canada Border. There was a huge queue in front of us and it took another 45 mins just to reach the Canadian post. Officer verified the documents, issued a yellow slip and asked us to park our car under the canopy on the right and see the immigration office. once we were inside, there were very few people. I handed all my documents to the officer, he just asked few background questions like, from where I was coming and my address, asked for my drivers license to verify the address. He took another 20 mins to complete the documents asked us to sign it, kept the original, congratulated and gave carbon copy for COPR to us.

After collecting the COPR and passport, we started again as a Permanent Resident, there is a toll of $3.15 or so to cross the gate and we were on route to our home in Toronto.

Thanks again,
Mikey

ishwarp

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
gujarat india
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 2012
AOR Received.
feb 2012
File Transfer...
april 2012
Med's Request
29 aug 2012
Med's Done....
22 sept 2012
Interview........
RPRF encashment on 28/09/2012
Passport Req..
29 aug 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 06/12/2012
LANDED..........
PP received on 10/12/2012
babbu.mann said:
Hopefully u both may get PR Card b4 Aug 2013, U can travel back to India when ever u want..there is no limits for that..
if u are planning to sort out jobs etc...u can land alone and wife can follow u in August with Ur baby, that may cut down ur cost of living @ Landing and baby may have someone to look After her... at-least one of u..!!choice is yours

where ru planning to land?
Dear Babuu paji,

I am planning to land in toronto.(most probably in missisauga/brampton)

babbu.mann

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2012
Brampton-ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC-2011
LANDED..........
November 2012
Better late than never, U can visit the thread whenevr u may get time. I was landed in November and decided to stay @ Toronto.
Got a basement and still looking far work,though there are lots of jobs but I'll give preference to my field first !!

Wishing u best of luck for rest.
Babbu

moneyrocks said:
Hello Babbu bhai sahib,

First of all, I would like to congratulate you for your visa and landing in Canada. Hope you are settling down there braving cold conditions of Canada.

I have returned to this forum after a long time and am sorry to have missed many useful posts.

Kindly share your house and job hunting experiences and good tips for the applicants who are dreaming to arrive in Canada in the next few months.

Where in Canada you have settled and what kind of job have you got? There is so much of negativity here about job market there, immigrants being compelled to accept survival and menial jobs. Is it true that an immigrant requires local education or certification to land a respectable job?

Your real life experience and observations will provide guidance to many.

Wishing you Happy Holidays, Merry X-mas and Happy New Year in advance.

moneyrocks

babbu.mann

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2012
Brampton-ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC-2011
LANDED..........
November 2012
best of luck and hope for good.

rabb rakha

abhijeet9k said:
just finished my medicals today and forwarded RPRF draft...wait for result begins!!!

babbu.mann

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2012
Brampton-ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC-2011
LANDED..........
November 2012
that's good..You are more than welcome !!
best of luck
rabb rakha
babbu

ishwarp said:
Dear Babuu paji,

I am planning to land in toronto.(most probably in missisauga/brampton)

sumuduep

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-2012
IELTS Request
Send along with application
File Transfer...
02-2012
Med's Request
09-2013
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
2 Days remaining for world end (21/12/2012)...we can't get MR at least before that.... :eek:

moneyrocks

Mar 10, 2011
Thank you brother. are u in a PG, if yes, what kind of rent you are paying and what is included? does a new immigrant require some kind of surety or guarantee? Whats your filed and how difficult it is to get a job in one's own field or a survival job? Have you attended any career/job fair? Are these useful to connect with potential employers?

Best wishes,

babbu.mann said:
Better late than never, U can visit the thread whenevr u may get time. I was landed in November and decided to stay @ Toronto.
Got a basement and still looking far work,though there are lots of jobs but I'll give preference to my field first !!

Wishing u best of luck for rest.
Babbu

abhay175

Star Member
Aug 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23RD FEB
AOR Received.
7/3/12, Second Line added : 28/05/2012
Med's Request
09/10/12
Med's Done....
15/10/12, Medical received on 26/10/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09/10/12, RPRF encashed on 20/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 30/11/12.......Passport and COPR on 04/12/12
New Federal Skilled Worker Program to accept applications beginning May 4, 2013
Ottawa, December 19, 2012 — The new selection system for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) will take effect on May 4, 2013 at which time the program will re-open for applications, Citizenship, Immigration, and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

“The government's number one priority remains jobs, economic growth, and long-term prosperity,” said Minister Kenney. “The new Federal Skilled Worker Program criteria will ensure Canada is selecting the skilled immigrants our economy needs, who are the most likely to succeed and fully realize their potential in Canada.”

The improvements to the FSWP points grid are based on a large body of research which has consistently shown that language proficiency and youth are two of the most important factors in the economic success of immigrants.

The final changes to the FSWP selection criteria include:

Minimum official language thresholds and increased points for official language proficiency, making language the most important factor in the selection process;
Increased emphasis on younger immigrants, who are more likely to acquire valuable Canadian experience, are better positioned to adapt to changing labour market conditions, and who will spend a greater number of years contributing to Canada's economy;
Introduction of the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA), so that education points awarded reflect the foreign credential's true value in Canada;
Changes to the arranged employment process, allowing employers to hire applicants quickly, if there is a demonstrated need in the Canadian labour market; and
Additional adaptability points for spousal language ability and Canadian work experience.
“For too long, too many immigrants to Canada have experienced underemployement and unemployment, and this has been detrimental to these newcomers and to the Canadian economy,” said Minister Kenney. “Our transformational changes to the FSWP will help ensure that skilled newcomers are able to contribute their skills fully to the economy as soon as possible. This is good for newcomers, good for the economy, and good for all Canadians.”

There are two new steps to the new selection system. First, applicants will have to demonstrate that they meet the minimum language threshold, which is level 7 of the Canadian Language Benchmark assessment system. Applicants will be able to get a language assessment from existing agencies designated by the Minister and listed on the CIC website.

Second, applicants will have their education credentials assessed prior to arriving in Canada. A list of assessment organizations designated by the Minister will be made available early in the New Year. The assessment of foreign educational credentials will provide prospective newcomers with a more realistic understanding of how their credentials compare to education standards in Canada. It will also give them the opportunity to upgrade their education prior to coming to Canada if they choose.

It is important to note that these changes will not apply to people who have applied to the FSWP prior to May 4, 2013 with a qualifying arranged job offer or under the Ph.D. stream.

As recently announced, due to the actions taken over the past months, new applications under the FSWP will be processed in a few months, rather than a few years. In order to ensure fast processing times and to avoid backlogs, the new FSWP will accept a fixed number of applications each year.

In the medium term, the Government is also moving forward to develop and implement an Expression of Interest (EOI) model, which will provide employers with access to a pool of skilled workers.

babbu.mann

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2012
Brampton-ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC-2011
LANDED..........
November 2012
No, I've rented a basement and all u need to deposit is first and last month rent. Survival jobs are very easy to get but It always take time to get a Professional jobs...its all depends on your luck and requirement of an employer..!!!!
Job fair are for survival jobs and there may be bright chance to get job in fair.

moneyrocks said:
Thank you brother. are u in a PG, if yes, what kind of rent you are paying and what is included? does a new immigrant require some kind of surety or guarantee? Whats your filed and how difficult it is to get a job in one's own field or a survival job? Have you attended any career/job fair? Are these useful to connect with potential employers?

Best wishes,