+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applicant received PER in Feb/March...lets connect here

sam10

Nov 13, 2012
Hey guys,

I did my medicals on 4th Oct 2012. Passport send 8th Oct 2012 and reached office 9th October.
Medical line updated on 14th nov 2012.

After that nothing happend. What do you guys think is there anything wrong? why is it taking that much time?

Please suggest.

Thank you

abhay175

Star Member
Aug 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23RD FEB
AOR Received.
7/3/12, Second Line added : 28/05/2012
Med's Request
09/10/12
Med's Done....
15/10/12, Medical received on 26/10/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09/10/12, RPRF encashed on 20/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 30/11/12.......Passport and COPR on 04/12/12
i have a small query......i had opted for callgary but if i get a job opportunity in some other state n i shift?
if yes after how many days?

abhijeet9k

Jan 14, 2011
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER - 06-03-2012
AOR Received.
28-03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application. Overall 8.0
File Transfer...
28-03-2012
Med's Request
04-12-2012 & RPRF Request Received
Med's Done....
3rd line updated - Meds Received 13/01/2013 & RPRF encashed 21/12/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2013
LANDED..........
Landed on 26-06-2013
Abhay are u already in calgary now or planning to land there?

abhijeet9k

Jan 14, 2011
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER - 06-03-2012
AOR Received.
28-03-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
28-03-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2013
LANDED..........
Landed on 26-06-2013
abhay175 said:
i have a small query......i had opted for callgary but if i get a job opportunity in some other state n i shift?
You can land any other POE (port of entry) regardless of what you have mentioned in your form except Quebec province...

abhijeet9k

Jan 14, 2011
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER - 06-03-2012
AOR Received.
28-03-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
28-03-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2013
LANDED..........
Landed on 26-06-2013
sam10 said:
Hey guys,

I did my medicals on 4th Oct 2012. Passport send 8th Oct 2012 and reached office 9th October.

After that nothing happend. What do you guys think is there anything wrong? why is it taking that much time?

Please suggest.

Thank you
Please send them a CSE enquiring about your passports...It shud be stamped by now as holiday season is approaching...

abhijeet9k

Jan 14, 2011
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER - 06-03-2012
AOR Received.
28-03-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
28-03-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2013
LANDED..........
Landed on 26-06-2013
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has announced that the new selection system for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) will take effect on May 4th, 2013. At that time, the program will begin accepting applications for review. In addition to the long-awaited announcement, important new details about the program have been revealed, helping to paint a fuller picture of what Canadian immigration will look like in the coming year.
A Quick Background
The Skilled Worker category of the FSWP has been frozen since mid-2012 so that necessary improvements could be made to the program.
The FSWP changes, as described by CIC, are as follows:
Minimum official language thresholds and increased points for official language proficiency, making language the most important factor in the selection process;
Increased emphasis on younger immigrants, who are more likely to acquire valuable Canadian experience, are better positioned to adapt to changing labour market conditions, and who will spend a greater number of years contributing to Canada's economy;
Introduction of the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA), so that education points awarded reflect the foreign credential's true value in Canada;
Changes to the arranged employment process, allowing employers to hire applicants quickly, if there is a demonstrated need in the Canadian labour market; and
Additional adaptability points for spousal language ability and Canadian work experience
These changes are part of CIC's mission to transform Canada's immigration system to one that is ‘faster and more flexible'. Immigration Minister Jason Kenney has stated that “the government's number one priority remains jobs, economic growth, and long-term prosperity. The new Federal Skilled Worker Program criteria will ensure Canada is selecting the skilled immigrants our economy needs, who are the most likely to succeed in Canada.”
Important Additional Announcements
In addition to announcing that applications will be accepted starting May 4th, 2013, CIC made three important statements:
A list of organizations designated by the government to perform educational credential authentication and assessment will be made available in the new year;
A limit will be placed on the number of skilled worker applications the FSWP will accept for review each year. The specific number for this limit has not yet been announced; and
New applications to the FSWP will be processed in a matter of months, as opposed to a year or more.
“This is exciting news for applicants,” says Attorney David Cohen. “We have been looking forward to learning more details about this program, and it appears that CIC is taking steps to achieve its goal of a more streamlined, transparent system that will select the immigrants Canada needs most.”
Prospective Applicants – Moving Forward
Prospective applicants now have a time frame for preparing their applications in advance, if they so choose. According to Attorney David Cohen, early preparation may be key to ensuring that one's application arrives before quotas are filled.
“Applicants have been patiently waiting for the FSWP to open since July 2012,” he said. “In previous years, quotas have filled quickly, leaving otherwise eligible individuals to wait another year for their chance to gain Canadian Permanent Residency. I suggest those who are serious about immigrating through the FSWP be proactive about preparing their applications so they are first in line on May 4th.”
Once they have submitted their applications, the government promises that individuals will enjoy the fastest processing times for the FSWP in recent history. Those who are successful will arrive in Canada better prepared to find employment, integrate into their communities, and settle into their new home.

Source:- http://www.cicnews.com/2012/12/breaking-news-federal-skilled-worker-program-reopen-2013-122126.html

Copied from someone else's post for our info....

babbu.mann

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2012
Brampton-ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC-2011
LANDED..........
November 2012
U can move to any part of Canada whenever u want..!!! even after a day of landing

abhay175 said:

Mikey76

Star Member
Nov 10, 2010
sam10 said:
Hey guys,

Please suggest.

Thank you
Once you got your medical Received line, it suggests every thing is already lined up and background checks are in progress. Time duration for those is case specific. Still you can send a CSE and check it out.

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
abhijeet9k said:
You can land any other POE (port of entry) regardless of what you have mentioned in your form except Quebec province...

FYI.......one can complete the landing procedure even in Quebec, but he/she cannot work in Quebec. Abhay...you can work anywhere in Canada except Quebec. Hope this helps!!!

I'm sorry that I don't come on forum everyday, but believe me I'm really busy.....will try to come as often as possible.

abhijeet9k

Jan 14, 2011
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER - 06-03-2012
AOR Received.
28-03-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
28-03-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2013
LANDED..........
Landed on 26-06-2013
jaggy999 said:

FYI.......one can complete the landing procedure even in Quebec, but he/she cannot work in Quebec. Abhay...you can work anywhere in Canada except Quebec. Hope this helps!!!

I'm sorry that I don't come on forum everyday, but believe me I'm really busy.....will try to come as often as possible.
What Qorax said ........................FYI you cannot complete your landing procedure albeit landing there...

Please be Clarified that:
As a federal skilled worker, we can chose any POE in Canada & complete our landing formalities, regardless of the destination mentionned in our Apps or the COPR, except Quebec* [details below].

Canada's immigration laws provide for a 2 step process for our visa applications:
>Step-1. The CIC/CHCs carry out stage One (read our apps processing system).
>Step-2. Carried out by an Immigration Officer at the POE.

Reg. step-1, we are already familiar. This is how we get our PR Visas. For the step-2 (at POE) however, landing is our "Right". Though not an 'automatic right', we must still satisfy the officer at the POE that our entry is permissible: A12(1), called the 'Verification of PR', outlined in Sections 19(1) & (2) of the Act. But, another thing is also involved in this step-2, called 'Completion of the Record of Landing' for admission into Canada, which is obligatory.

For this "Record of Landing", 'admissibility' is not affected by our choice of POE. All it's needed is to fill up certain forms, specifically the PR Card form (IMM 5444E), wherein we have to provide an address for card delivery. This can be anywhere, beyond the POE. This is how newcomers with COPR destination as Montreal-Quebec drive thru the POE of Sarnia, Bluewater Bridge. There are many other examples, but for brevity I just chose one.

*There is only 'one' catch though. For Quebec, although any FSW would be allowed to enter thru a Quebec POE, they cannot complete the 'Record of Landing' here. And would have to further drive/fly to another province (any) to report to its Immigration Officer for the 'completion' of record of landing. This is because Quebec needs the CSQ certificate to complete this procedure. Which only is for a Quebec PR applicant. (however, it is not vice-versa... a Quebec PR applicant can do all the formalities in any other Canadian POE).

End Note: Anyone of us FSWs can land in any Canadian POE, irrespective of what's written in our apps or the COPR.

Hope that's of some help.
Qorax.

abhay175

Star Member
Aug 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23RD FEB
AOR Received.
7/3/12, Second Line added : 28/05/2012
Med's Request
09/10/12
Med's Done....
15/10/12, Medical received on 26/10/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09/10/12, RPRF encashed on 20/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 30/11/12.......Passport and COPR on 04/12/12
abhijeet9k said:
What Qorax said ........................FYI you cannot complete your landing procedure albeit landing there...

Please be Clarified that:
As a federal skilled worker, we can chose any POE in Canada & complete our landing formalities, regardless of the destination mentionned in our Apps or the COPR, except Quebec* [details below].

Canada's immigration laws provide for a 2 step process for our visa applications:
>Step-1. The CIC/CHCs carry out stage One (read our apps processing system).
>Step-2. Carried out by an Immigration Officer at the POE.

Reg. step-1, we are already familiar. This is how we get our PR Visas. For the step-2 (at POE) however, landing is our "Right". Though not an 'automatic right', we must still satisfy the officer at the POE that our entry is permissible: A12(1), called the 'Verification of PR', outlined in Sections 19(1) & (2) of the Act. But, another thing is also involved in this step-2, called 'Completion of the Record of Landing' for admission into Canada, which is obligatory.

For this "Record of Landing", 'admissibility' is not affected by our choice of POE. All it's needed is to fill up certain forms, specifically the PR Card form (IMM 5444E), wherein we have to provide an address for card delivery. This can be anywhere, beyond the POE. This is how newcomers with COPR destination as Montreal-Quebec drive thru the POE of Sarnia, Bluewater Bridge. There are many other examples, but for brevity I just chose one.

*There is only 'one' catch though. For Quebec, although any FSW would be allowed to enter thru a Quebec POE, they cannot complete the 'Record of Landing' here. And would have to further drive/fly to another province (any) to report to its Immigration Officer for the 'completion' of record of landing. This is because Quebec needs the CSQ certificate to complete this procedure. Which only is for a Quebec PR applicant. (however, it is not vice-versa... a Quebec PR applicant can do all the formalities in any other Canadian POE).

End Note: Anyone of us FSWs can land in any Canadian POE, irrespective of what's written in our apps or the COPR.

Hope that's of some help.
Qorax.
Tx Abhijeet, Jaggy and babbu bhai for the info
@Jaggy - u need not be sorry ....u've been doing a gr8 job on this forum ...

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
abhay175 said:
Tx Abhijeet, Jaggy and babbu bhai for the info
@ Jaggy - u need not be sorry ....u've been doing a gr8 job on this forum ...

Thanks bro ;)

abhijeet9k

Jan 14, 2011
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER - 06-03-2012
AOR Received.
28-03-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
28-03-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2013
LANDED..........
Landed on 26-06-2013
jaggy999 said:
@ abhijeet9k Point taken bro.....I was partially wrong :)
haha !!! no, i was myself searching for answer and stumbled upon it...planning to go elsewhere as opposed to what i wrote on my application too :p

hussey16

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Sydney Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
DEC 2012
Hi guys landed in Calgary on Thursday I was suppose to land in Calgary but due to flight miss I landed up in Vancouver where I completed immigration formalities the officer didn't even bother to open his mouth he didn't ask any thing just ask us to sign the copr paper and then cancel visa n returned us n welcomed come , the process of Landing is simple and straight forward . Thank you so much this forum is very help ful n special thanks for babbu , jaggy there are the back bone of this forums , any question pls message me I'm on forum reading each n every post of u guys thank u