+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant (Received on Oct 16th) who is still waiting for AOR

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
There is no guarantee time for AOR...
Also October applicants should keep in mind that serious changes to average processing dates might happen during their time because 3/5 rule was introduced in Oct

2017sk

Oct 11, 2017
Why can't wait?! The citizenship is not like PR. Even you get it, nothing major change in your life unless you wanna vote which won't happen in another two years at least.

mae_g

Oct 30, 2017
Why can't wait?! The citizenship is not like PR. Even you get it, nothing major change in your life unless you wanna vote which won't happen in another two years at least.
well actually this is not true for everyone. FYI people like me are waiting for the citizenship to secure an employmentt situation as some jobs require the citizenship, and sometimes those issues are time-sensitive. So yes, for some of us the citizenship is much more than voting, hence the wait.

Last edited:

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
I think folks need to take a bit of a step back.
You can all see from the tracker that there are over 600 applicants for October. Assuming roughly the same ratio of folks add their information to the tracker, then you can safely assume that CIC received a FLOOD of applicants for October. Maybe as many as 6 times more.
CIC does not have any obligation to send out AOR's within a specific timeframe so I'm not sure what the MP could do.
Sending in another application just causes confusion and more work for CIC, not what we want to achieve here.
It's a waiting game. There's literally nothing that can be done right now unfortunately.

pretoria11

Mar 6, 2014
Well AOR is important because it tells us that they have received the application. I do not mind if the process after that gets delayed but as long as I know that they have received it and working on it.
I agree with you. I did apply for urgent processing but it is not the end of the world if they refuse to process my app urgently, or if it still takes longer than the timeline I expected/hope for - I only care about the fact that my application is received and not lost... Definitely not as anxious as some other folks here but it'd be nice if AOR can come sooner :)

Reactions: N_Shine

pretoria11

Mar 6, 2014
Also FYI: a number of people (mostly those who applied for urgent processing) have private messaged me about their timeline - apps delivered on Oct 16 still have no AOR. Many of those, including myself, have called CIC and the response we received is just somewhere along the line of "there is a chance that your application is lost, feel free to send it again", or "we can't locate your file in our system" (duh.).

Personally, I am not going to re-send my application again just yet. I did have all the documents ready for a re-send if I don't receive AOR by mid January, 2018.:)

And lastly, I only check the spreadsheet/this forum once a day (while I'm at work in my office, never on weekends) so I can focus on other things that are arguably more important in my day to day life :)

ezcec

Apr 19, 2014
Hi, does anybody know if the status in ECAS changes when they receive your application before getting AOR?

App delivered on 16th Oct and no AOR, and when i check ECAS with my UCI, it says 'We are unable to identify you'.

So just curious if it should change or can you get AOR even if it doesn't as some people in the forum have mentioned that an error like that means they haven't even opened the application.

zombiezombie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Hi, does anybody know if the status in ECAS changes when they receive your application before getting AOR?

App delivered on 16th Oct and no AOR, and when i check ECAS with my UCI, it says 'We are unable to identify you'.

So just curious if it should change or can you get AOR even if it doesn't as some people in the forum have mentioned that an error like that means they haven't even opened the application.
Normally, ECAS gets updated within 24-48 hours after you receive an AOR.

Sambil786

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014

Sambil786

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Hi my Citizenship application was delivered on Oct 16/2017 too. You will receive your AOR in this week because
I have received my AOR on 24 November 2017 Friday evening at 6 pm for my Citizenship application which was delivered on Oct 16-2017 at Nova Scotia.

Best wishes