+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant name mistake in Passport request - need advise

amirshaikh88

May 17, 2016
Hello experts,

I submitted my parents application through new IRCC portal since first application was earlier 2021. Applicant Name for both application is "Mahendrabhai" and some how passport request issued with "Mahendrakumar" (this name was mention in previously used name and also submitted affidavit that both name are for same person as some of financial documents are still under older name).
Has anyone have sort of experience?
I have raised the webform and submitted evidence to suggest that applicant name is wrong in PPR.

Appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks

amirshaikh88

May 17, 2016
Should we send passport for visa stamp anyways? Application is under correct name but ppr letter has name error.
thanks

kk240391

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
Should we send passport for visa stamp anyways? Application is under correct name but ppr letter has name error.
thanks
Not a problem. Just write a letter explaining the PPR had wrong name printed and let them know the application had correct name. Also mention you raised a webform. Send the package to vfs. I did this for a similar (kinda) issue.

amirshaikh88

May 17, 2016
Not a problem. Just write a letter explaining the PPR had wrong name printed and let them know the application had correct name. Also mention you raised a webform. Send the package to vfs. I did this for a similar (kinda) issue.
Thanks very much.

What i meant that in my application name is correct but applicant information is changed after updating biometric data.

Applicant information
Principal applicant: MAHENDRAKUMAR

was there similar case you had?

Thanks again appreciate your suggestion.

kk240391

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
Thanks very much.

What i meant that in my application name is correct but applicant information is changed after updating biometric data.

Applicant information

Yes. Name got updated after we sent the new passport to VFS.

Reactions: amirshaikh88

mkaur1205

Apr 26, 2022
Hello experts,

I submitted my parents application through new IRCC portal since first application was earlier 2021. Applicant Name for both application is "Mahendrabhai" and some how passport request issued with "Mahendrakumar" (this name was mention in previously used name and also submitted affidavit that both name are for same person as some of financial documents are still under older name).
Has anyone have sort of experience?
I have raised the webform and submitted evidence to suggest that applicant name is wrong in PPR.

Appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks
Hi. Could you please tell me your experience. I am experiencing the same right now. Did they put the correct name on the stamp? Did you had any problem at Canada airport? Please reply.

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
Thanks very much.

Applicant information

While taking biometrics, the person at the desk reconfirms 2 or 3 times, your name and cross checks what is in the passport provided and only then proceeds to take the biometrics. So unless you have entered the name not matching with the current passport, VFS or IRCC does not randomly change the name.

mkaur1205

Apr 26, 2022
While taking biometrics, the person at the desk reconfirms 2 or 3 times, your name and cross checks what is in the passport provided and only then proceeds to take the biometrics. So unless you have entered the name not matching with the current passport, VFS or IRCC does not randomly change the name.
Ok. Could you please tell me what to do if

Let suppose Person is named BEN when he did his biometrics for his any sort of application and then he changed his name to KEN when he applied for his next application. He used the previously done biometrics for his new application and got PPR as named BEN even though his current application bears name KEN.

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022

Let suppose Person is named BEN when he did his biometrics for his any sort of application and then he changed his name to KEN when he applied for his next application. He used the previously done biometrics for his new application and got PPR as named BEN even though his current application bears name KEN.
As mentioned by someone earlier, you will have to raise a web form informing and sharing proof of any legal document that certifies the name change to IRCC, and wait for their confirmation. Alternately please call IRCC and check with agent what to do.

safz17

Feb 7, 2022
Hi, my name has been misspelt by IRCC after a ghost update. though my application and passport names are correct. Called amn agent and raised a webform as well. Its been 2 weeks. So what next ? Can someone help

abo0286

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Toronto, Canada

Hi - what was the solution at the end?

Dare77

Nov 28, 2019
Hi everyone
I am in same situation
Got PPR with incorrect sirname.
Please advise, how to deal with it?

Dare77

Nov 28, 2019
Hi. Could you please tell me your experience. I am experiencing the same right now. Did they put the correct name on the stamp? Did you had any problem at Canada airport? Please reply.
Hey
I am in same situation
How did you get it corrected?

mkaur1205

Apr 26, 2022
Hey
I am in same situation
How did you get it corrected?
Hi. For this, we got the correct name on the passport stamp and we had no problem at the airport at all. We submitted our application at VFS Chandigarh by hand. Alongwith that, we submitted a letter describing the issue. Before submission, we raised a web form indicating the problem and also wrote a letter to Delhi immigration( it was delhi immigration which issued PPR in our case).

Dare77

Nov 28, 2019
Hi. For this, we got the correct name on the passport stamp and we had no problem at the airport at all. We submitted our application at VFS Chandigarh by hand. Alongwith that, we submitted a letter describing the issue. Before submission, we raised a web form indicating the problem and also wrote a letter to Delhi immigration( it was delhi immigration which issued PPR in our case).
Thanks a lot for reply.
I have raised a webform. I will write a letter while submitting passport