Decision made on May 27th, 2015
Passport Req..
June 10th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 22nd, 2015
HI everyone,

I hope you had a good long weekend with your families or friends.

I landed on June 22nd, 2015. I would like to know how long does it take to receive the PR card from CIC after landing?
Those who got their cards please inform us to know.

:D ;D :D ;D

Thanks

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
PhD2014 said:
HI everyone,

I hope you had a good long weekend with your families or friends.

I landed on June 22nd, 2015. I would like to know how long does it take to receive the PR card from CIC after landing?
Those who got their cards please inform us to know.

:D ;D :D ;D

Thanks
I did not get it. I was reading on PR Card forum, they were saying it takes exactly 87 calendar days (as mentioned on CIC website). I think it works pretty much like GCMS notes processing time of 30 calendar days.

PhD2014

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2nd, 2014
AOR Received.
PER jan 13th, 2015
IELTS Request
RPRF March 31st, 2015
Med's Request
April 1st, 2015
Med's Done....
April 17th, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
June 10th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 22nd, 2015
Thanks richard1234 ;D
would you please give me a link for the PR Card forum?

richard1234 said:
I did not get it. I was reading on PR Card forum, they were saying it takes exactly 87 calendar days (as mentioned on CIC website). I think it works pretty much like GCMS notes processing time of 30 calendar days.

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
PhD2014 said:
Thanks richard1234 ;D
would you please give me a link for the PR Card forum?
Here is the link for PR Card processing time tracking. Most of the people are coming from out of Canada and have new Canadian address. Sometimes address did not update and faced delay.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pr-card-arrival-timeline-t73191.2640.html

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
Wow this waiting period for the PR card is going to be very problematic for me! Why does it have to be so slow!! Printing and ID card takes minutes :(

If everything goes well, I expect to get PPR within the next month or two, and plan to land when I come back from an international week-long trip in early October. The problem is that counting 87 days from then would mean that I would very luck if I get the card before the start of 2016. But, I plan/need to go home for Christmas/NYE.

I know this is a strange question, but, by how long can the landing process be delayed? i.e., is there an "expiration date" in the resident visa?

Alternatively, I remember someone shared their experience a few weeks ago when he/she had been able to re-enter Canada without having received the PR card by having an un-expired Student Visa. Are there any other instances of this?

PhD2014

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2nd, 2014
AOR Received.
PER jan 13th, 2015
IELTS Request
RPRF March 31st, 2015
Med's Request
April 1st, 2015
Med's Done....
April 17th, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
June 10th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 22nd, 2015
There is an expiry date for your VISA, and it is a year after your medical examination date. for example if you did your Medical examination on May 15th, 2015 your VISA expiry date would be May 15th, 2016. This expiry date would be fixed for your visa and it does not matter when you get your PPR.

You only can enter Canada with your COPR when you pass the border from USA by your personal car.

Check this from CIC website for more info:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10

espg_007 said:
Wow this waiting period for the PR card is going to be very problematic for me! Why does it have to be so slow!! Printing and ID card takes minutes :(

If everything goes well, I expect to get PPR within the next month or two, and plan to land when I come back from an international week-long trip in early October. The problem is that counting 87 days from then would mean that I would very luck if I get the card before the start of 2016. But, I plan/need to go home for Christmas/NYE.

I know this is a strange question, but, by how long can the landing process be delayed? i.e., is there an "expiration date" in the resident visa?

Alternatively, I remember someone shared their experience a few weeks ago when he/she had been able to re-enter Canada without having received the PR card by having an un-expired Student Visa. Are there any other instances of this?

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
PhD2014 said:
There is an expiry date for your VISA, and it is a year after your medical examination date. for example if you did your Medical examination on May 15th, 2015 your VISA expiry date would be May 15th, 2016. This expiry date would be fixed for your visa and it does not matter when you get your PPR.

You only can enter Canada with your COPR when you pass the border from USA by your personal car.

Check this from CIC website for more info:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10
Thanks. The date referenced in that link ("Starting March 15, 2016") is kinda confusing. I think something very similar applies now as well? What is new?

I have read that airlines are the ones that could cause difficulty if travelling with out a PR card, and that an immigration officer can easily confirm that landing has been done and that the PR card is in process. Is this known to be true?

I had to get a new passport recently, which means that my Resident Visa will be in a different passport than my (still) valid Student visa. Do you guys think that I would be able to simply show my old passport when boarding the plane and then new one when actually going through immigration?

I know this is "illegal" in some way, but luckily my old passport doesn't have any signs of being void (even though it is), and I don't think the airline checks any further than checking the date of expiry on whatever visa one shows.

churchill1985

Mar 17, 2014
Hi everyone, I just got my PPR. But I am having a small concern here which I am not sure whether it is an issue. My study permit expired this June so as my temporary resident visa. I already had my study permit extended, however I have not done that for my TRV since I have no plan to leave Canada in the next couple of months (at least before I get my PR). So my question is: will it be an issue that I send CIC my passport with valid study permit but expired TRV? Any suggestions or experience sharing would be appreciated.

PhD2014

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2nd, 2014
AOR Received.
PER jan 13th, 2015
IELTS Request
RPRF March 31st, 2015
Med's Request
April 1st, 2015
Med's Done....
April 17th, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
June 10th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 22nd, 2015
Congrats ;D

You do not need a TRV when you are in CANADA. TRV is just for re-entering.
You just need to send your passport along with the Ready For Visa Email to Ottawa.
They will issue an immigration VISA for you and COPR.

Then you will be ready to land in CANADA.

churchill1985 said:
Hi everyone, I just got my PPR. But I am having a small concern here which I am not sure whether it is an issue. My study permit expired this June so as my temporary resident visa. I already had my study permit extended, however I have not done that for my TRV since I have no plan to leave Canada in the next couple of months (at least before I get my PR). So my question is: will it be an issue that I send CIC my passport with valid study permit but expired TRV? Any suggestions or experience sharing would be appreciated.

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
churchill1985 said:
Congratulations!!! Would u like to share ur timeline with us? Thx!!

Hisham984

Jul 8, 2014
Thank Everyone for all your help. I Just received the COPR by mail. It has been a long waiting period.

I am a Quebec applicant and I would like to ask other Quebec applicants what they did regarding the following steps, since we were required to provide proof of intent to live outside Quebec.

I will hopefully be finishing by next summer (2016) and I am currently living between Quebec and ottawa with my wife and kid (I provided a lease that I live in Ottawa and I am currently going there during weekends but during the weekdays I am in Quebec).

After landing in ottawa, to which health insurance should I apply? and from should I apply to get child support? Ottawa or Quebec?

Also, when is it safe to change my address in Quebec (to save myself from the hustle from going back and forth between ottawa and Quebec till I finish my studies and permanently leave Qeubec and work outside Quebec)? I do not want to do anything that my affect my situation and intent of living outside after landing, I really intend to live outside Quebec but after I finish my studies .... Please, ADVICE ME (you can message me privately if you do not want to discuss it openly)

Thanks a lot everyone again!

churchill1985

Mar 17, 2014
Thank you very much. Passport sent.

PhD2014 said:
Congrats ;D

You do not need a TRV when you are in CANADA. TRV is just for re-entering.
You just need to send your passport along with the Ready For Visa Email to Ottawa.
They will issue an immigration VISA for you and COPR.

Then you will be ready to land in CANADA.

churchill1985

Mar 17, 2014
Sure.

App received: June 2 2014

PER: Sept 29 2014

Med Req: Oct 22 2014

Med result received: Jul 10 2015 (deferred X-ray)

PPR: Aug 7 2015

gavin_cic said:
Congratulations!!! Would u like to share ur timeline with us? Thx!!

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
Thanks!
churchill1985 said:
Sure.

App received: June 2 2014

PER: Sept 29 2014

Med Req: Oct 22 2014

Med result received: Jul 10 2015 (deferred X-ray)

PPR: Aug 7 2015

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
26-Mar-2015(Intend to live Outside of Quebec)
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
6-April-2015(3rd line appeared on 15th Oct 2015)
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
congratulations!

Hisham984 said:
Thank Everyone for all your help. I Just received the COPR by mail. It has been a long waiting period.

I am a Quebec applicant and I would like to ask other Quebec applicants what they did regarding the following steps, since we were required to provide proof of intent to live outside Quebec.

I will hopefully be finishing by next summer (2016) and I am currently living between Quebec and ottawa with my wife and kid (I provided a lease that I live in Ottawa and I am currently going there during weekends but during the weekdays I am in Quebec).

After landing in ottawa, to which health insurance should I apply? and from should I apply to get child support? Ottawa or Quebec?

Also, when is it safe to change my address in Quebec (to save myself from the hustle from going back and forth between ottawa and Quebec till I finish my studies and permanently leave Qeubec and work outside Quebec)? I do not want to do anything that my affect my situation and intent of living outside after landing, I really intend to live outside Quebec but after I finish my studies .... Please, ADVICE ME (you can message me privately if you do not want to discuss it openly)

Thanks a lot everyone again!