Med's Done....
23-11-2014
Passport Req..
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
03-07-2015
blackrock said:
Hi Everyone

It looks CIC received my medicals, as they asked me to send them scanned copy of new passport my old passport is about to expire in May, I will send them today , Anyone got this kind of request to update passport after they have done with their medical?

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

> Passport/Travel Document: A scanned copy of your new valid passport or travel document.
Did you get the 3rd line updated?

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
managersonline said:
In Ms Excel there is a function called =RAND() , which is randomizer.
It is mandatory for all the staff at CIO/CIC to use it for all the applications. That is why you can not trace any proper path or sequence to find out how they are working.
Interesting! could you explain more :) Thanks

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
pepe84 said:
Also, CIO can NEVER randomize applications because applications at CIO must be reviewed in the order they were received. If CIO attempts to randomize applications, then those applicants who applied earlier than others may not even fall within the cap, so their applications can easily be returned (which will be very unfair for some applicants)

If this random thing is true, it only applies to the visa offices (i.e. CPC Ottawa), but never to any Centralized Intake Offices.

I insist: PLEASE SHARE THE SOURCE OF INFO.

You are right Pepe. It makes sense.

blackrock

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-02-2015 ( Scanned Copy of new passport)
AOR Received.
PER 23-10-14
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
20-03-2015
sevagha said:
Did you get the 3rd line updated?
It's not been updated yet, still waiting by hope to get it updated in couple of days as I submit details of medicals on Thursday and today I got request to submit new passport today.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
Come on! that was a joke! lol

pepe84 said:
Also, CIO can NEVER randomize applications because applications at CIO must be reviewed in the order they were received. If CIO attempts to randomize applications, then those applicants who applied earlier than others may not even fall within the cap, so their applications can easily be returned (which will be very unfair for some applicants)

If this random thing is true, it only applies to the visa offices (i.e. CPC Ottawa), but never to any Centralized Intake Offices.

I insist: PLEASE SHARE THE SOURCE OF INFO.

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
pepe84 said:
What do you mean Cantaloupe?
Pepe, I guess he was only joking about using Random() function of Excel. Random function of Excel sounds very funny and even if they are using a random generator system, they must have a more intelligent system for it not by entering applicants into Excel and then use Random function()!.

I know their procedure seems random to us, for example in issuing MR, recently some applicants from late Aug or early Sep still waiting for MR while applicants from mid Sep receiving it. But it could be because they have been assigned to different officers with different work load or pace.

jeffrey2012

Nov 22, 2013
i got my latest GCMS today, and i found that the location of my paper file was changed from "FSM JAN" to "PR PRINTING" on Jan. 08.

but on Jan. 09, i recieved email from CIC, saying "We have information that suggests that you were refused admission or a visa to the USA. " this email can also be seen in the GCMS note. i replied to them with an email, told them the fact that i have never been refused admission or a visa to USA, attached with scanned copy with the USA visas and stamps in my passport by the USA border officers. no further reply by them till now. :(

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bro, email them again! This is very unfair with your case. Don't stop until you get a response! I am pretty sure it was a mistake! Also ask for GCMS notes again and let the ATIP department know you need these notes urgently because of the email CPC Ottawa sent you. Attach the email to the GCMS notes request.

I did that when I had the issue with my PCC and I also attached the PCC request email (convert it to PDF).I had to explain them also that I had a deadline and I got the notes in 4 days!

jeffrey2012 said:
i got my latest GCMS today, and i found that the location of my paper file was changed from "FSM JAN" to "PR PRINTING" on Jan. 08.

but on Jan. 09, i recieved email from CIC, saying "We have information that suggests that you were refused admission or a visa to the USA. " this email can also be seen in the GCMS note. i replied to them with an email, told them the fact that i have never been refused admission or a visa to USA, attached with scanned copy with the USA visas and stamps in my passport by the USA border officers. no further reply by them till now. :(

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
jeffrey2012 said:

What does FSM jan mean?

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
pepe84 said:
Bro, email them again! This is very unfair with your case. Don't stop until you get a response! I am pretty sure it was a mistake! Also ask for GCMS notes again and let the ATIP department know you need these notes urgently because of the email CPC Ottawa sent you. Attach the email to the GCMS notes request.

I did that when I had the issue with my PCC and I also attached the PCC request email (convert it to PDF).I had to explain them also that I had a deadline and I got the notes in 4 days!
Hi pepe

What does" FSM JAN" and "PR Printing" mean? Thanks

sevagha

Star Member
May 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
5125 ECA Done......:22-05-2014 ECA Received:27-05-2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2014 App. Received:04-06-2014 PER Received:30-09-2014
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
23-11-2014
Passport Req..
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
03-07-2015
Saph said:
Hi pepe

I think they're places where applications are stored.

I think he meant FSW JAN which might indicate that these are apps they intend on reviewing again or finalizing in January (who knows...), while PR printing is the place where the apps whose visas are ready for printing are stored.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We had an old hypothesis that location FSW Jan means all files that were going to be finalized in Jan. So far it has been very accurate except for a few applicants!

PR printing are those applicants that are ready for visa, I guess.

Saph said:
Hi pepe

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
jeffrey2012 said:

My wife has been refused a US visa because we thought getting a US visa might help her get a visitor visa to Canada... (she was refused a Canada visa before that)

Is this a serious problem???

mengoose

Aug 10, 2012
Has anybody landed by going home? I am about to receive my passport back from the CIC, and I am thinking about returning to my home country and land when I come back. How did it go?
Thanks!