16-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
18-03-2015
pepe84 said:
All good dude. You should get PPR soon. You have something written in "OTHER REQS: not started" I have nothing in that field :( not sure why!

How about documents issuance? Still in zero? There you will see when your CoPR is being printed!
As pepe84 mentioned before
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Location: FSW Jan[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

is the key term.
we (hope i will also see the same line in my GCMS tomorrow) all will get PPR soon. it makes me excited once again. ;)

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't send anything sealed, not even my transcrips! I wanted to make things easy for my VO. I also placed stickers on each document saying what each document was. Lol, it was like a scholarship application!

ojohn22 said:
Wow!. I wish I saw this before I sent my application. My IELTS was also sealed in an envelope and addressed to CIC. I also wrote IELTS on the Envelope. I thought it shows better originality when submitted sealed, just like transcripts. Regardless this should really never count against anyone.
CIC o CIC!.

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
thwijoo said:
Thanks for you reply Pepe84 and pyzdfr!

In which section I may find 'documents issuance'? I don't see it!

I know Criminality is the RCMP check. I see that my Security, HIRV were still blank. Any idea what are these? Also, before these there is one- Counterfoil Required: Yes
Oh under ELIGIBILITY section, I see another Due Date: 2015/02/10
For security, CIC might inquire FBI, Interpol, CSIS, etc. It is always blank as it's confidential. I'm not sure what HIRV stands for but I remember asking that a while ago (around Dec. 6th) and someone answered me in this thread. To best that I can remember, it's not a concern.

As for the due date, I assume it's just an internal reminder for the VO. It might get extended if necessary, or your case might be finalized even before that.

darkknight1

Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
18-03-2015
pyzdfr said:
For security, CIC might inquire FBI, Interpol, CSIS, etc. It is always blank as it's confidential. I'm not sure what HIRV stands for but I remember asking that a while ago (around Dec. 6th) and someone answered me in this thread. To best that I can remember, it's not a concern.

As for the due date, I assume it's just an internal reminder for the VO. It might get extended if necessary, or your case might be finalized even before that.
HIRV is also another kind of security check. i read it somewhere in this forum but forgot the abbreviation. usually they keep it blank as they don't want to reveal due to safety concerns.

edit- HIRV=Human and International Rights Violation

Hisham984

Jul 8, 2014
Hi Everyone, Thank you for your previous advice. I am in the process of preparing the documents to allay the concerns that I don't intend to live outside Quebec. The email did not specify how to send the documents and no initials were written at the end after "Regards,"

What is the better way to send the documents? Scanned copies and reply to the email that I received from CIC or mail the documents to the address provided at the end of the email.

" Case Processing Centre - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement des Demandes – Ottawa – RK6165
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada"

thanks!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would scan them and send a hard copy too. Remember you do intend to live outside Quebec. (Check the wording of your post).

Hisham984 said:
Hi Everyone, Thank you for your previous advice. I am in the process of preparing the documents to allay the concerns that I don't intend to live outside Quebec. The email did not specify how to send the documents and no initials were written at the end after "Regards,"

What is the better way to send the documents? Scanned copies and reply to the email that I received from CIC or mail the documents to the address provided at the end of the email.

" Case Processing Centre - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement des Demandes – Ottawa – RK6165
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada"

thanks!

RAP_PhD

Jul 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
25-03-2015 (RCMP Fingerprint)
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-01-2015
Passport Req..
06-05-2015
Adamant said:
Thats Great Rap!! I probably the best wishers for you in this forum and you know why ;). But honestly man very happy for you :). If I see some good news tomorrow will be the best day for sure. Take care
Thanks Adamant! :D
I believe your good news is on the way! ;)

thwijoo

Feb 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
Doc's Request.
29/08/2014
Med's Request
29/08/2014
Med's Done....
10/09/2014
Passport Req..
9/1/2015
I hope VO is back from vacation though! Seems like he is way too lazy!

darkknight1 said:
As pepe84 mentioned before
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Location: FSW Jan[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

is the key term.
we (hope i will also see the same line in my GCMS tomorrow) all will get PPR soon. it makes me excited once again. ;)

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
Hi,
Can anyone write here whether CPC-Ottawa sends AOR (acknowledge of receipt) after they receive documents from CIO-Sydney? How long does it take to get AOR after PER?

Thanks.

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
zorroo said:
Since information was divided in 2 letters, perhaps the officer had been confused. If your supervisor could provide all information in one solid letter, it was much better. Anyway, do not give up and try to appeal as soon as you can. By the way, did they charge your cc before or just returned your application to you?
Good luck!
Yeah, in hindsight, the two letters might have been a mistake, unfortunately that was the only way I was able to do it. Hopefully, if it was just a confusion, it should be possible to explain and fix the problem.

Just returned, didn't charge my CC. Which I guess is bad for me, it was returned at an early stage. Or maybe they are just trying to process as many applications as possible to focus on Express Entry (and thus didn't take time to understand my letters...)

Can someone please remind me the up to date/precise contact information (email and FAX #) to send a letter explaining the situation? I am also considering mailing it to the Sidney address listed in the letter they sent.

Hal.Br

Dec 11, 2014
espg_007 said:
Actually, in the second page it specifically says "These are the areas where he has been assisting me in his work as a research assistant, spending about 20 hours/week:". It was stated before that I had started in August 2011.

In retrospect, I should have simplified the letters a bit, I tried to add as much information as possible but then maybe they got too complicated and missed the punchlines.
In my view, one thing that might have caused this problem could be the list of your duties and responsibilities as an RA. The wording of your duties is a little different from the wording of the NOC 2011.

Also, it should be mentioned in the letter that you have been assisting your supervisor in "his/her research activities".

mina3000

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-June-2014
AOR Received.
17-Oct-2014
Med's Request
07-Nov-2014
Med's Done....
14-Nov-2014
I dont think so.
I did the same. I applied in June too. I dont think they ask for PC when you submitted that with your application.

rogelio said:
Please, someone help ::)

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
espg_007 said:
Hi guys,

I just got back home and found my rejected application :'(. I sent it on Oct 24th and the letter of rejection is dated December 17th. I think it only got here after NYE.

The reason for rejection was: "You have not provided sufficient evidence that you have a minimum of one year of continuous full-time .... in the primary occupation in the last years.". I applied only with TA and RA experience, i.e., only NOC 4012.

I seriously cannot believe this happened, after reading all the posts here and all the effort I put into those letters trying to prevent this. I practically had to beg the Departmental secretary to make the letter following the guidelines I found here.

Anyways, is this it for me and the PhD stream? I guess there is no way I can't resubmit now. Can I somehow appeal the decision? In case anyone is interested/feeling sorry for me/experienced/ I can try sending you the two letters I submitted, one from the assistant to the program director (focusing only on TA), and one from my supervisor (TA for her and RA). I assure that both were very detailed in terms of the number of hours and the relevant NOC duties. In RA experience alone, the letter specifically quoted 20 hours/week since August 2011.

(I tried posting links here but I guess I'm not allowed yet?)

Any help/comment is appreciated, thanks in advance.
I was rejected for a similar reason and I took the case to the Federal court and appealed the decision. My case was sent back to CIC for re-determination.

I looked into your letter and I think the number of hours is missing and it hard to figure out the one year continues work experience from your letter.

You can appeal the case to the Federal Court but you have to be make sure that the officer made a mistake and you are right. Otherwise you will be just wasting your time. Look for similar cases in the federal court website to see if you can find a similar case. Canada's law system is based on the "Common Law".

After the rejection the MP can not do much and it is next to impossible to overturn the officer's decision by MP. But you have to give it a try.

Good luck,

sebastianderp

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
07-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Med's Done....
03-03-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015 (DM 15-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015 (Passport back on 28-05-2015)
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
RAP_PhD said:
Just received medical check request letter! :D

Please update my timeline in the spreadsheet:

Application reached at CIO: August 21, 2014
CC encashed: November 20, 2014
PER issued: December 10, 2014
Medical check request: January 07, 2015

RA only
Congrats RAP_PHD!

Just wondering were you asked for proof of fund or any other documents/proofs before receiving the MR?

Thanks,
-derp