sent with application
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Med's Done....
03-03-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015 (DM 15-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015 (Passport back on 28-05-2015)
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
TonyLiuUT said:
Hi Derp,

When did you realize that you were able to access the ECAS, before or during the weekend?

---Tony
I found it out on Sunday but not sure when exactly it got active.

-derp

mirzathegr8

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2014
Doc's Request.
September 10, 2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
September 11, 2014
Med's Done....
October 23, 2014
Passport Req..
January 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2015
LANDED..........
February 2, 2015
Hisham984 said:
Hi Everyone,

I have applied through the PhD stream and I am living in Quebec. I provided a letter with a job offer as a postdoc to prove that I am going to reside outside Quebec.

I received the PER one month ago and today I received the following email from CPC-OTTAWA:
"
As per Regulation 75(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, the Federal Skilled Worker Class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to economically establish themselves and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in Edmonton, Alberta, you currently live in Montreal, Quebec. I am concerned that you do not intend to live in a province other than the Province of Quebec.

We have noticed your letter that you have provided with your application, which suggests that you have a job offer from the University of Alberta once you have successfully completed your PhD program. Please advise us of the date on which you anticipate to relocate out of the Province of Quebec.

If you do not to respond with additional information and/or documentation, or if your submission does not allay this concern, your application may be refused.

I look forward to receiving the additional information and/or documentation within 30 days."

I don't know when exactly I am going to finish my phd but I anticipate to submit my thesis in December 2015 and my student visa ends in March 2016. What additional information/documentation should I provide? Should I provide a letter from my supervisor supporting my progress and stating when I am supposed to complete my PhD?

I appreciate all your help!
I also received the same kind of email. You have a very good reason as you have a post-doc letter from Alberta. That is a biggest proof. I wrote a letter saying that I have applied for job outside Quebec. I don`t speak french and I have my family living outside quebec so I intend to join them after finishing my studies.....

formal_verification

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 14-01-2015
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-04-2015 (Updated on ECAS 01 May 2015)
Interview........
Decision Made (June 12, 2015)
Passport Req..
June 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 27, 2015
Hisham984 said:
Hi Everyone,

I have applied through the PhD stream and I am living in Quebec. I provided a letter with a job offer as a postdoc to prove that I am going to reside outside Quebec.

I received the PER one month ago and today I received the following email from CPC-OTTAWA:
"
As per Regulation 75(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, the Federal Skilled Worker Class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to economically establish themselves and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in Edmonton, Alberta, you currently live in Montreal, Quebec. I am concerned that you do not intend to live in a province other than the Province of Quebec.

We have noticed your letter that you have provided with your application, which suggests that you have a job offer from the University of Alberta once you have successfully completed your PhD program. Please advise us of the date on which you anticipate to relocate out of the Province of Quebec.

If you do not to respond with additional information and/or documentation, or if your submission does not allay this concern, your application may be refused.

I look forward to receiving the additional information and/or documentation within 30 days."

I don't know when exactly I am going to finish my phd but I anticipate to submit my thesis in December 2015 and my student visa ends in March 2016. What additional information/documentation should I provide? Should I provide a letter from my supervisor supporting my progress and stating when I am supposed to complete my PhD?

I appreciate all your help!

One of my colleague was recently being asked the same thing. He provided an explanation letter that he is applying outside Quebec and
he don't speak French. Also he provided letter from the supervisor stating that whatever research he is doing have quite a good scope outside of Quebec.

formal_verification

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2014
Nomination.....
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
June 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 27, 2015
Any October applicant received PER ?

pg123

Aug 12, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Doc's Request.
06-01-2015
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
AOR Received.
07-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
21-12-2014 (we started... 30/12/2014)
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2015 (DM 09/04/2014)
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
My application reached CIO on Aug-11, PER on Dec2.

I updated my schedule A form to CIO (on Nov-03) as I forgot to mention US transit visa application rejection.

two weeks ago I sent an email to CPC-O to acknowledge the update of my new form (as I did not get reply from CIO)

This is the weird reply I got..
*******************************************************************************************************
Dear Sir/Madam,

Our office confirms that your application is being processed as per our regulatory timeline.

Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within 6 months as this could delay your application.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum. In order to process requests efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests.
*******************************************************************************************************

Especially, first two lines... I did not ask them for status of my file at all....

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
pg123 said:
My application reached CIO on Aug-11, PER on Dec2.

I updated my schedule A form to CIO (on Nov-03) as I forgot to mention US transit visa application rejection.

two weeks ago I sent an email to CPC-O to acknowledge the update of my new form (as I did not get reply from CIO)

This is the weird reply I got..

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our office confirms that your application is being processed as per our regulatory timeline.

Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within 6 months as this could delay your application.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum. In order to process requests efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests.
This is a normal reply from CIC - they are pretty much working in a black box regarding the processing of immigration applications. What you can do is to wait. Should not be a big deal since US rejects visa applications frequently.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
formal_verification said:
here is my timeline

PhD Applicant (CPC Ottawa)

Application Received (NS, Sydney) - October 5, 2014
CC debited - December 16, 2014

Waiting for PER :)
Hi formal_verification ,

Can provide as much info as possible so I can update the spreadsheet? There were too many entries with incomplete information that I decided to record only those who are willing to provide their information as required (unless if you could not help it such as if you could not find out the date your credit card got charged or if you accidentally deleted your PER email).

formal_verification

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2014
Nomination.....
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
June 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 27, 2015
meyakanor said:
Hi formal_verification ,

Can provide as much info as possible so I can update the spreadsheet? There were too many entries with incomplete information that I decided to record only those who are willing to provide their information as required (unless if you could not help it such as if you could not find out the date your credit card got charged or if you accidentally deleted your PER email).

Hi here is more details:

Application Sent: October 2, 2014
Application Received (NS): October 6, 2014
Credit Card Charges: December 16, 2014

I applied under PhD Category:

Right now I have only this information.

I am waiting for PER and my ECAS is not activated yet.
I tried to access it with the UCI that I provided with my application, i.e.
one of my study permit.

Hisham984

Jul 8, 2014
Thank you Mirzathegr8! There are asking for "Please advise us of the date on which you anticipate to relocate out of the Province of Quebec." Do you know what kind information/documentation should I provide? I do not want to give false information or a wrong date.

Pepe84, thankfully, already advised me, that I should get a letter from my supervisor and from the new supervisor. Do you have any other comments or know something else from your and other's experiences?

mirzathegr8 said:
I also received the same kind of email. You have a very good reason as you have a post-doc letter from Alberta. That is a biggest proof. I wrote a letter saying that I have applied for job outside Quebec. I don`t speak french and I have my family living outside quebec so I intend to join them after finishing my studies.....

Hisham984

Jul 8, 2014
Thank you formal_verification! There are asking for "Please advise us of the date on which you anticipate to relocate out of the Province of Quebec." Do you know what kind information/documentation should I provide? I do not want to give false information or a wrong date.

Pepe84, thankfully, also advised me that I should get a letter from my supervisor and from the new supervisor. Can you please explain more about what your colleague mentioned in the letter from the supervisor?

Thank you

One of my colleague was recently being asked the same thing. He provided an explanation letter that he is applying outside Quebec and
he don't speak French. Also he provided letter from the supervisor stating that whatever research he is doing have quite a good scope outside of Quebec.

jlspszm

Nov 5, 2014
Hisham984 said:
Thank you formal_verification! There are asking for "Please advise us of the date on which you anticipate to relocate out of the Province of Quebec." Do you know what kind information/documentation should I provide? I do not want to give false information or a wrong date.

Pepe84, thankfully, also advised me that I should get a letter from my supervisor and from the new supervisor. Can you please explain more about what your colleague mentioned in the letter from the supervisor?

Thank you
Dear All:

I will receive my ECA tomorrow, Is it OK for me to send my package out tomorrow? Will the government return my package since it will arrive around 2nd on January in 2015? Thank you so much for your help!

formal_verification

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2014
Nomination.....
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
June 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 27, 2015
Hisham984 said:

Thank you
Actually, Me and him have same supervisor and I also attached the similar letter (I am waiting for PER).

Supervisor mentioned :

1) Mr. ..... is working RA/ PhD student under his supervision since Jan 2012
2) He is in good academic standing
3) He is expected to graduate April 2015
4) His research top has more job market in Ontario than in Quebec
5) He is quite certain that he will be able to secure senior position in other provinces of Canada e.g. Ontario

Contact me if you need any further information

His Phone/ fax email office extension

In your case you can ask your professor to write expected graduation in Fall 2015 ( which is your case)
and your future supervisor in other university can mention that he is expected you to join immediately
after you defend/submit your PhD thesis and same contact info

I hope it will go fine insh ALLAH

Good luck

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jlspszm said:
Dear All:

I will receive my ECA tomorrow, Is it OK for me to send my package out tomorrow? Will the government return my package since it will arrive around 2nd on January in 2015? Thank you so much for your help!
Nobody is able to give you a final answer. Although there is a chance that they return your application, I recommend you to take the chance and send your application. Good luck!

Hisham984

Jul 8, 2014
Thank you formal_verification for your detailed explanation! Inshallah you will get the PER soon.

Thank you again!

Actually, Me and him have same supervisor and I also attached the similar letter (I am waiting for PER).

Supervisor mentioned :

1) Mr. ..... is working RA/ PhD student under his supervision since Jan 2012
2) He is in good academic standing
3) He is expected to graduate April 2015
4) His research top has more job market in Ontario than in Quebec
5) He is quite certain that he will be able to secure senior position in other provinces of Canada e.g. Ontario

Contact me if you need any further information

His Phone/ fax email office extension

In your case you can ask your professor to write expected graduation in Fall 2015 ( which is your case)
and your future supervisor in other university can mention that he is expected you to join immediately
after you defend/submit your PhD thesis and same contact info

I hope it will go fine insh ALLAH

Good luck

mirzathegr8

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2014
Doc's Request.
September 10, 2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
September 11, 2014
Med's Done....
October 23, 2014
Passport Req..
January 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2015
LANDED..........
February 2, 2015
Dear Hisham,

Their first paragraph is the regular email they send to everyone. In your case, you only have to tell them that you are hoping to complete your PhD by "that date" and you are planning to move to University of Alberta by "that time". That's it. Also, it should be coincide with the offer letter you have from UofA.

Hisham984 said:
Thank you Mirzathegr8! There are asking for "Please advise us of the date on which you anticipate to relocate out of the Province of Quebec." Do you know what kind information/documentation should I provide? I do not want to give false information or a wrong date.

Pepe84, thankfully, already advised me, that I should get a letter from my supervisor and from the new supervisor. Do you have any other comments or know something else from your and other's experiences?