Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
It seems that the officer has not touched my file after Nov. 6th, when I was requested for RPRF.
My latest file location is RK6165 and the last update was on Nov. 6th.
It seems they are too busy. Nothing has been updated after Nov. 6th except for medical results which come from another department :-\

blackrock

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-02-2015 ( Scanned Copy of new passport)
AOR Received.
PER 23-10-14
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
20-03-2015
Dark_Diamond said:
I got my GCMS today.

Eligibility: passed

Medical: Passed

Criminality: In Progress !
Did you submit all of your police certificate? or they asked PCC again?

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
blackrock said:
Did you submit all of your police certificate? or they asked PCC again?
I submitted PCC from my home country along with my application. I was not asked for new PCC. GCMS shows they asked for RCMP screen on Nov. 6th. But they did not update my file since then !

blackrock

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
PER 23-10-14
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
20-03-2015
Dark_Diamond said:
I submitted PCC from my home country along with my application. I was not asked for new PCC. GCMS shows they asked for RCMP screen on Nov. 6th. But they did not update my file since then !
Same I did, I submit all my PCC with my application, for my case Criminality= Passed

pouyan_SASK

Nov 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-08-2014
AOR Received.
26-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
22-12-2014
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Just An update guys. I got the Medical request on Dec 22nd. They Also require My CV along with some information on the Prof. and area of study. They also want me to pay the RPRF fees.
Did my Medical examination on Saturday but the doctor didn't give me a copy of the eMedical information sheet! Is that a "must have" ?

Thanks guys,

Hisham984

Jul 8, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I have applied through the PhD stream and I am living in Quebec. I provided a letter with a job offer as a postdoc to prove that I am going to reside outside Quebec.

I received the PER one month ago and today I received the following email from CPC-OTTAWA:
"
As per Regulation 75(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, the Federal Skilled Worker Class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to economically establish themselves and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in Edmonton, Alberta, you currently live in Montreal, Quebec. I am concerned that you do not intend to live in a province other than the Province of Quebec.

We have noticed your letter that you have provided with your application, which suggests that you have a job offer from the University of Alberta once you have successfully completed your PhD program. Please advise us of the date on which you anticipate to relocate out of the Province of Quebec.

If you do not to respond with additional information and/or documentation, or if your submission does not allay this concern, your application may be refused.

I look forward to receiving the additional information and/or documentation within 30 days."

I don't know when exactly I am going to finish my phd but I anticipate to submit my thesis in December 2015 and my student visa ends in March 2016. What additional information/documentation should I provide? Should I provide a letter from my supervisor supporting my progress and stating when I am supposed to complete my PhD?

I appreciate all your help!

blackrock

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
PER 23-10-14
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
20-03-2015
pouyan_SASK said:
Just An update guys. I got the Medical request on Dec 22nd. They Also require My CV along with some information on the Prof. and area of study. They also want me to pay the RPRF fees.
Did my Medical examination on Saturday but the doctor didn't give me a copy of the eMedical information sheet! Is that a "must have" ?

Thanks guys,
I feel its always good to get this slip, as its a proof that you have done medical in case of any issue you can show this to CIC, Otherwise if everything goes smooth you will not asked to show this proof.

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Another interesting aspect is that I applied for GCMS on Nov. 24th. The generated GCMS is for Nov. 27th. I do not know why they have waited for almost a month and then send it to me !!!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here, my latest GCMS dated on Dec15 showed that my file has not been updated yet. Although they did receive my PCC it seems the VO is very busy with something else because they did not update my criminality assesment. I hope they ask us for passport in Jan. I sincerely hope so!

Dark_Diamond said:
It seems that the officer has not touched my file after Nov. 6th, when I was requested for RPRF.
My latest file location is RK6165 and the last update was on Nov. 6th.
It seems they are too busy. Nothing has been updated after Nov. 6th except for medical results which come from another department :-\

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It always happens. When you apply for GCMS, they receive your file within the next few days. But they have to edit the file and make it a PDF. It seems it takes 30 days to do that job!

Dark_Diamond said:
Another interesting aspect is that I applied for GCMS on Nov. 24th. The generated GCMS is for Nov. 27th. I do not know why they have waited for almost a month and then send it to me !!!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When is the postdoc possition supppsed to start? Your expected completion of your PhD studies must coincide with your Postdoc start date. If you are not able to convince the VO that your PhD defense is approaching and that this is in schedule with your job offer, I am afraid your application may be rejected. If you say that you are planning to finish your PhD in Dec 2015 and the job offer is for Jan 2016, I am almost sure they will delay your application and will ask you for proof of PhD completion in Dec 2015 before they make a final decision on your file.

Hisham984 said:
Hi Everyone,

I have applied through the PhD stream and I am living in Quebec. I provided a letter with a job offer as a postdoc to prove that I am going to reside outside Quebec.

I received the PER one month ago and today I received the following email from CPC-OTTAWA:
"
As per Regulation 75(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, the Federal Skilled Worker Class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to economically establish themselves and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in Edmonton, Alberta, you currently live in Montreal, Quebec. I am concerned that you do not intend to live in a province other than the Province of Quebec.

We have noticed your letter that you have provided with your application, which suggests that you have a job offer from the University of Alberta once you have successfully completed your PhD program. Please advise us of the date on which you anticipate to relocate out of the Province of Quebec.

If you do not to respond with additional information and/or documentation, or if your submission does not allay this concern, your application may be refused.

I look forward to receiving the additional information and/or documentation within 30 days."

I don't know when exactly I am going to finish my phd but I anticipate to submit my thesis in December 2015 and my student visa ends in March 2016. What additional information/documentation should I provide? Should I provide a letter from my supervisor supporting my progress and stating when I am supposed to complete my PhD?

I appreciate all your help!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I found the posts below from CPC Ottawa forum. I think we have found the mistery in sending PPR. OMG, whats going on with the Visa Print out?

This is like a great team work ...........

I emailed CIC asking whats going on with my PR and CORP...
They have my passport since Nov 6th. My status moved back to IN PROCESS from DECISION MADE.

They replied to me ........

Its in the queue for visa printing. Due to the unusually high number of printing requests being received by our printing officer in the last few weeks, we are currently experiencing abnormally long delays for applications finalization.

So be patience ... Merry Xmas and happy holidays ...

Hisham984

Jul 8, 2014
Thank you Pepe84 for your reply. What would happen if I provide a letter from my supervisor stating that I successfully passed my committee meeting and that he expects that I will submit my thesis in April 2014. But I cannot tell them that I have set a date for my PhD defense and I do not know how my last project will go, so I cannot definitely say when I am going to finish. Is there any other way to convince the VO?

Would it help to say that I have not applied to CSQ and I have not learned french

pepe84 said:
When is the postdoc possition supppsed to start? Your expected completion of your PhD studies must coincide with your Postdoc start date. If you are not able to convince the VO that your PhD defense is approaching and that this is in schedule with your job offer, I am afraid your application may be rejected. If you say that you are planning to finish your PhD in Dec 2015 and the job offer is for Jan 2016, I am almost sure they will delay your application and will ask you for proof of PhD completion in Dec 2015 before they make a final decision on your file.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That should help but also you must send a letter from your Postdoc supervisor saying that he agrees to wait for you and keep the possition until you finish or defend your thesis. Both parties must play a role in this game! VO will be happy to see letters from both your current and future universities.

Hisham984 said:
Thank you Pepe84 for your reply. What would happen if I provide a letter from my supervisor stating that I successfully passed my committee meeting and that he expects that I will submit my thesis in April 2014. But I cannot tell them that I have set a date for my PhD defense and I do not know how my last project will go, so I cannot definitely say when I am going to finish. Is there any other way to convince the VO?

Would it help to say that I have not applied to CSQ and I have not learned french

Hisham984

Jul 8, 2014
Thank you very much Pepe84, I appreciate it!

pepe84 said:
That should help but also you must send a letter from your Postdoc supervisor saying that he agrees to wait for you and keep the possition until you finish or defend your thesis. Both parties must play a role in this game! VO will be happy to see letters from both your current and future universities.