16-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
18-03-2015
RA_toronto said:
Finally received the PR card. Now my PR journey is completely done. Good luck to you all! For others waiting for their card, I landed on October 8th and received my card on November 7th. So it took exactly 1 month.
Congrats.

farazprok

Apr 21, 2013
Hello guys,

I really need your advice immediately.

I defended my PhD thesis few days ago and am planning to apply for FSW under PhD stream. I already collected all the required documents and everything is ready to send out. I also submitted my thesis and it got approved. I also got my completion letter and already applied for the PGWP. My question: is this completion letter enough to show that I am done with my PhD and I am eligible for past education point (5) and also PhD education point (25)? Because in the completion letter it is stated that "XXX has completed all of the requirements for Doctor of Philosophy in XYZ and the date of completion is XXX" and at the end of the letter it also says that "the degree certificate will be granted on YYY (which is few month after my defense)".

Any comment/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
farazprok said:
Hello guys,

I defended my PhD thesis few days ago and am planning to apply for FSW under PhD stream. I already collected all the required documents and everything is ready to send out. I also submitted my thesis and it got approved. I also got my completion letter and already applied for the PGWP. My question: is this completion letter enough to show that I am done with my PhD and I am eligible for past education point (5) and also PhD education point (25)? Because in the completion letter it is stated that "XXX has completed all of the requirements for Doctor of Philosophy in XYZ and the date of completion is XXX" and at the end of the letter it also says that "the degree certificate will be granted on YYY (which is few month after my defense)".

Thanks.

I guess it should be fine. One of my friends did the same for Canadian Experience Class and they approved the completion degree letter. Do not forget to put the transcript in envelope. Totally is should be OK as long as the letter is written in the paper with official letterhead of the department/University and signed by the Head/Dean of the department.

farazprok

Apr 21, 2013
Dark_Diamond said:
I guess it should be fine. One of my friends did the same for Canadian Experience Class and they approved the completion degree letter. Do not forget to put the transcript in envelope. Totally is should be OK as long as the letter is written in the paper with official letterhead of the department/University and signed by the Head/Dean of the department.
Thanks for your quick response. So in that case I dont need to include attestation letter in my application as I am already done with my PhD?

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
farazprok said:
Thanks for your quick response. So in that case I dont need to include attestation letter in my application as I am already done with my PhD?
I am not 100% sure. But if I were you, I would not put it in the envelope, since that letter is only for enrolled PhD students.
Good luck

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do not send a PhD attestation letter, it may confuse the visa officer as of whether you have completed the program or you are still enrolled in it.

Also, do not send letters/transcripts in sealed envelopes. I know a case who applied in 2012 and this person had completed the PhD program and sent the transcripts in a sealed envelope. As a result, CIO returned the application because they couldn't find the transcripts. :-X

farazprok said:

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,

As my doctor promised, my online status has just been updated with the most wanted third line 3. Medical results have been received.

Now let's wait for PCC which should arrive today to my home address!

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pepe84 said:
Dear all,

As my doctor promised, my online status has just been updated with the most wanted third line 3. Medical results have been received.

Good news Pepe. Lets cross fingers.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
pepe84 said:
Dear all,

Very good Pepe. Hope it happens soon for you ;)

jlspszm

Nov 5, 2014
darkknight1 said:
I did with WES last November. They were really fast. Took 3 weeks if u remembered it right.
Dear All:

Did everyone get their ECA back within one month by using WES? I decided to reapply for the ECA from WES so that I can get it back before the end of December.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
jlspszm said:
Dear All:

Did everyone get their ECA back within one month by using WES? I decided to reapply for the ECA from WES so that I can get it back before the end of December.
WES is the fastest one. I got mine in less than a month but it was for long time ago.

s-r-z

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
Is it mentioned in your transcript "PhD awarded" ?
I am asking because in document checklist it says for PhD graduate "transcript indicating you were awarded a PhD within past 12 months".
I have the same situation, I just defended and graduated, but the degree will be awarded in 6 month in convocation! This makes me worried, I have the graduation letter from grad studies stating that "I successfully defended and accomplished all requirements for PhD", and a transcript in which the status of research and seminar changed from IP (in progress) to CR (guess Credited). Is it enough?
Do they want an awarded PhD after convocation, any opinion fellas?

farazprok said:
Hello guys,

Thanks.

mina3000

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-June-2014
AOR Received.
17-Oct-2014
Med's Request
07-Nov-2014
Med's Done....
14-Nov-2014
Now, I get worried. I got my medical at the same time, however, I do not have that line.
I sent my RPRF by email. Is that OK?
any way, some people got that line before medical.

Dark_Diamond said:
Yes. I got medical on 7th. The second line appeared in my online account on 10th.

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mina3000 said:
Now, I get worried. I got my medical at the same time, however, I do not have that line.
I sent my RPRF by email. Is that OK?
any way, some people got that line before medical.
I sent my RPRF via email as well. I know many of my friends did the same and no problem happened for them. As I mentioned before, you should not be worried at all. Many officers are busy or lazy to update the online status. It happened to many many people before. One of my friends did medical on July, but he has not seen "medical received" yet. However, CIC confirmed they received medical via email. So don't worry at all. They may update it sooner or later, but it does not have effect on your application process.