+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with cantalupe, there is no need to send a Job Offer Letter with the PCC and medical exams. At this stage, an offer of arranged employment will not help for your Permanent Resident Visa.

Best luck and Congrats, you are almost landing!

pyzdfr said:
I recieved an email from cic asking for police certificate, medical exam and RPRF. In particular, the email says:

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose."

In the meanwhile, my manager has also offered me a full-time position upon my graduation. Do you think it's a good idea to get an arranged employment letter from my manager and submit it along with the police certificate? Or it's better not to submit any additional documents?

Also, I got a silly question. To which address I should send the police certificate? The address which is mentioned at the end of the email?
Thanks in advance.

Fid0

Sep 16, 2014
Hello everyone,

So we did our landing formalities last night through the flag poling process. We went to Rainbow Bridge Niagara Falls, ON on evening and everything went really smoothly. Before going to the bridge we asked a Canadian officer if it is OK to do the flag poling. You need to have 50 cents each to pass the bridge through pedestrian area and you can wait and take amazing pictures on the way, so I recommend to park your vehicle and walk the bridge. It would be a good idea to have some USD and CAD cash and coins just in case.

Since we are from special countries (!) we had to get through the fingerprinting and taking pictures in US border as we knew. The border officers were very nice and although we were only there for some official work (extra work on their side without any use!) they talked and behaved with us with many respect. They were very nice and tried to keep us busy from time to time with chatting and so on as the process took something around 2 hours! US border officers clearly mentioned that the refusal letter you are obtaining is something only for Buffalo state and has NOTHING to do with visa refusal. This administrative refusal will not have ANY influence on obtaining any visa in the future; it is like lacking enough document. We asked for this from two different officers and they both confirms this.

In Canadian side it took only 15 minutes to finish the process. The officers were very nice and polite although we went there at the last five minutes of their shift. They asked for CPR, passports with immigration visa on it, and proof of fund (I took letter from Uni, 3 month bank statement, and net worth report from bank). They proceed everything fast and attached a copy of CPR on our passport. Keep it in mind that you can not enter Canada before getting your PR card (takes up to 8 weeks) through airports unless you obtain a PR report like thing from Canadian embassy at your destination country (like your home country). You can use the CPR to enter Canada through land. Also, be aware that your permanent residency date will be the day that you land and not the day to obtain visa or CPR. You need to change your SIN number and OHIP card (if you obtained it) first thing after landing. Also you need to give the new SIN information to your employee (i.e. university) and bank within the next three days of getting the new SIN number. And a new thing; SIN cards will not be issued since April 2014, so you would only have the paper from Service Canada.

I hope all the bests for everyone in this group and thank you for your useful information, I'll try to be around to answer your questions if you have any...
Cheers

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
Fid0 said:
Hello everyone,

So we did our landing formalities last night through the flag poling process. We went to Rainbow Bridge Niagara Falls, ON on evening and everything went really smoothly. Before going to the bridge we asked a Canadian officer if it is OK to do the flag poling. You need to have 50 cents each to pass the bridge through pedestrian area and you can wait and take amazing pictures on the way, so I recommend to park your vehicle and walk the bridge. It would be a good idea to have some USD and CAD cash and coins just in case.
Thanks for sharing your experience
Wish you best of luck :)

ddwater

Jan 9, 2013
SAME HERE!!!!! Emailed them last week asking what was going on. Got a very general reply yesterday. Still waiting... My friends who sent passports out over a week later than I did got their passports back Tuesday!!!! I CANNOT believe it!!!

factplay said:
Be worried man :D
I'm worried too
Mine is exactly the same as yours
Did you send it using Xpresspost?

Based on what I've seen here and there, I guess they are gonna send ours either this week or next week.
Please let us know if you received your passport anytime.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Fid0 and thanks for sharing your Journey! How long did the entire process take you? Starting from Application filed to Visa issued?

One more question, did CBSA agents at Niagara ask you for proofs of being in the US?

Thanks again!

Fid0 said:
Hello everyone,

Since we are from special countries (!) we had to get through the fingerprinting and taking pictures in US border as we knew. The border officers were very nice and although we were only there for some official work (extra work on their side without any use!) they talked and behaved with us with many respect. They were very nice and tried to keep us busy from time to time with chatting and so on as the process took something around 2 hours! US border officers clearly mentioned that the refusal letter you are obtaining is something only for Buffalo state and has NOTHING to do with visa refusal. This administrative refusal will not have ANY influence on obtaining any visa in the future; it is like lacking enough document. We asked for this from two different officers and they both confirms this.

In Canadian side it took only 15 minutes to finish the process. The officers were very nice and polite although we went there at the last five minutes of their shift. They asked for CPR, passports with immigration visa on it, and proof of fund (I took letter from Uni, 3 month bank statement, and net worth report from bank). They proceed everything fast and attached a copy of CPR on our passport. Keep it in mind that you can not enter Canada before getting your PR card (takes up to 8 weeks) through airports unless you obtain a PR report like thing from Canadian embassy at your destination country (like your home country). You can use the CPR to enter Canada through land. Also, be aware that your permanent residency date will be the day that you land and not the day to obtain visa or CPR. You need to change your SIN number and OHIP card (if you obtained it) first thing after landing. Also you need to give the new SIN information to your employee (i.e. university) and bank within the next three days of getting the new SIN number. And a new thing; SIN cards will not be issued since April 2014, so you would only have the paper from Service Canada.

I hope all the bests for everyone in this group and thank you for your useful information, I'll try to be around to answer your questions if you have any...
Cheers

Fid0

Sep 16, 2014
pepe84 said:
Congrats Fid0 and thanks for sharing your Journey! How long did the entire process take you? Starting from Application filed to Visa issued?

One more question, did CBSA agents at Niagara ask you for proofs of being in the US?

Thanks again!
The whole process took just less than 9 month and yes, they asked for a proof of being in the US which for our case was the administrative rejection letter. In the letter you will receive from CIC with CPR, it is said you have two choices for landing, either go out of Canada and come back or land in CIC offices with appointment. The former took almost no time so we decided to do that by flag poling. In recent years, flag poling without getting into US is not acceptable or became tricky at CBSA, so it is better to have a proof of being outside Canada.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great, thanks so much!

Fid0 said:
The whole process took just less than 9 month and yes, they asked for a proof of being in the US which for our case was the administrative rejection letter. In the letter you will receive from CIC with CPR, it is said you have two choices for landing, either go out of Canada and come back or land in CIC offices with appointment. The former took almost no time so we decided to do that by flag poling. In recent years, flag poling without getting into US is not acceptable or became tricky at CBSA, so it is better to have a proof of being outside Canada.

blackrock

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-02-2015 ( Scanned Copy of new passport)
AOR Received.
PER 23-10-14
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
20-03-2015
pepe84 said:
Hi,

You got PER on Sept 21st or October 21st? Please clarify this!
I got PER on 21 OCT, sorry it was mistake,

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
After got rejected on March 2014, I resent the application on April 30th 2014, Application Fee charged on May 28th, 2014. And got RPRF request and Med exam request on Oct 17th. I've finished Med Exam and paid RPRF fee on Oct 22nd. Hopefully, will get PR soon. Finger crossed. This time is much faster than last time.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Why was your first application rejected in March 2014?

Thanks!

mapleisland said:
After got rejected on March 2014, I resent the application on April 30th 2014, Application Fee charged on May 28th, 2014. And got RPRF request and Med exam request on Oct 17th. I've finished Med Exam and paid RPRF fee on Oct 22nd. Hopefully, will get PR soon. Finger crossed. This time is much faster than last time.

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
One of my friend just recently received this email from CIC to clarify the RA and TA work experience . What do you guys think?!

Dear XXX,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada- specifically those requirements of sub-sections 75(2) (a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations as cited below.
75. (1) For the purposes of subsection 12(2) of the Act, the federal skilled worker class is hereby prescribed as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec.

(2) A foreign national is a skilled worker if

(a) within the 10 years before the date on which their application for a permanent resident visa is made, they have accumulated, over a continuous period, at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, in the occupation identified by the foreign national in their application as their primary occupation, other than a restricted occupation, that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;

(b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification;

(c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties;

Before I make a final decision, you have 60 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information relating to this requirement. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

Please submit:

1- A copy of your TA and RA contracts with the University of XXX from XXX to XXX.

a. Since TA hours are usually only a couple hours a week and RA work hours can vary from term to term, additional information is required in order to assess your work experience.

2- You may also submit any information addressing the issue of concern as it applies to your case ex: additional supporting documents such as; copies of pay stubs, letter from the HR department detailing your TA and RA hours as well as contract start and end dates, etc.

If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

I look forward to receiving your additional information.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
Thanks for sharing this. There has been similar enquiries, although not frequently, from people who only submit one work experience document. It would be interesting to see the wording of your friend's RA (and perhaps TA) reference letters or at least whether they have all the necessary info such as dates, continuity, salary, etc.

If his/her letters are similar to the successful samples, I can think of two possibilities: Either that specific officer is not an easy one! ... or less optimistically, they have decided to take RA job claims with more skepticism, in which case it's slightly disturbing news for people who have recently applied under NOC 4012. Even in that case though, I believe, being able to present the contract and another document that shows your research assistantship experience is legit and is paid like a job, they're likely to accept it. In this particular case, it seems to me that the officer wants to see a contract for sure (which would prove his/her RA is a "job"), and has doubts about the hours. Part 2 doesn't seem as forceful.

arian_arian said:
One of my friend just recently received this email from CIC to clarify the RA and TA work experience . What do you guys think?!

Dear XXX,

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada- specifically those requirements of sub-sections 75(2) (a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations as cited below.

If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Arian-arian,

Please try your best to share the wording of your friend's reference letters. There may be something missing in the letter, such as time periods or gaps between them. Please help us with sharing their reference letter.

Thanks!

arian_arian said:

Dear XXX,

75. (1) For the purposes of subsection 12(2) of the Act, the federal skilled worker class is hereby prescribed as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec.

(2) A foreign national is a skilled worker if

(a) within the 10 years before the date on which their application for a permanent resident visa is made, they have accumulated, over a continuous period, at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, in the occupation identified by the foreign national in their application as their primary occupation, other than a restricted occupation, that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;

(b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification;

(c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties;

Before I make a final decision, you have 60 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information relating to this requirement. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

Please submit:

1- A copy of your TA and RA contracts with the University of XXX from XXX to XXX.

a. Since TA hours are usually only a couple hours a week and RA work hours can vary from term to term, additional information is required in order to assess your work experience.

2- You may also submit any information addressing the issue of concern as it applies to your case ex: additional supporting documents such as; copies of pay stubs, letter from the HR department detailing your TA and RA hours as well as contract start and end dates, etc.

churchill1985

Mar 17, 2014
ME received but might be delayed due to pregnancy

Hello everyone,

I received my ME request yesterday but my wife is pregnant meaning that she can not finish her ME without having chest x-ray.

What should we do? Is there anyway that we can postpone our ME until the baby is born? (regular waiting time is only 60 days from the day I received the ME request from CIC)

If we can postpone our ME, should we worry about the cap limit being reached when we update our ME result (probably in next July or so)?

Thank you so much.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: ME received but might be delayed due to pregnancy

You have to contact them and explain the situation. Cap is not a concerned when Medicals are requested. Cap is filled by the CIO, not by CPC Ottawa.

Cheers and good luck!

churchill1985 said:
Hello everyone,

I received my ME request yesterday but my wife is pregnant meaning that she can not finish her ME without having chest x-ray.

What should we do? Is there anyway that we can postpone our ME until the baby is born? (regular waiting time is only 60 days from the day I received the ME request from CIC)

If we can postpone our ME, should we worry about the cap limit being reached when we update our ME result (probably in next July or so)?

Thank you so much.