+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Viva2014 said:
Thank you so much CEC12. Actually, my letter contains all these information. The only problem that i have is that sentence in my enrollment letter (That is at least 6 months in duration). Does it contradict with the fact that PhD should be a program with at least two years in duration?
My enrollment letter does not specifically say that my program is at least 6 months in duration. It says that whatever degree granted at this university is at least 6 months in duration.
You don't have to worry. Almost all universities do the same.
You can submit your transcript as well. Your registrations since you started your PhD as well as your courses will be there.
The proof of registration is just for 6 month because simply you paid tuition (or registered) for this coming 6 month (Fall and winter 2015 I guess). So, no worries at all.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
CEC12 said:
You don't have to worry. Almost all universities do the same.
You can submit your transcript as well. Your registrations since you started your PhD as well as your courses will be there.
The proof of registration is just for 6 month because simply you paid tuition (or registered) for this coming 6 month (Fall and winter 2015 I guess). So, no worries at all.
Thank you so much CEC. I have already submitted my transcript too. I am more relieved now :D

Neilneil2001

Sep 27, 2014
Help me please!

Does anybody know if I can send a new language test score to be added to my documents?

I want to have more points to keep me eligible in case ottawa office rejects a qualification...

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
Hello Guys,

For the medical examination (in CIC website, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp)it has mentioned that when we are going for the examination we must have:

any medical reports or test results that you have regarding previous or existing medical conditions.

Do you know, what is it about? What kind of medical reports?

Thanks

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Neilneil2001 said:
Help me please!

Does anybody know if I can send a new language test score to be added to my documents?

I want to have more points to keep me eligible in case ottawa office rejects a qualification...
The best people can help you are CIC staff. We cannot say with %100 about that. For instance, they used to accept more work experience when you send the update of your reference letter but nowadays they only consider the points for your original submission and no more points can be earned by the updated letter (though you can update the detail of your work experience).

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hey guys there is a new line in my ecas profile. It says "Medical results have been received." ... so how long it takes for passport request, in general?

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
RA_toronto said:
Congrats! What are the steps to take for landing at a CIC office? I cannot find any info online and hot line doesn't answer phones due to high volume nowadays.

Thanks!
You have to call the CIC hot line number. The hot line will usually not connect you in the first try. Keep calling like 4-5 times and you will finally get connected. You can then book the appointment with the agent...they will tell you that yu will get a call back and u get one after 3-4 days which gives you your appointment date...

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
anchoo2kewl said:
Hi,

I got my medical request along with request for my Police Clearance Certificate. I am from India and the Indian PCC form says it might take a minimum of 6 weeks to process the request for the PCC. However, the CIC mail clearly states that I have 60 days to submit all the documents. Will they accept if I send the PCC later ?
Hi,

I did mine from he consulate in Vancouver. It took 2 weeks to get mine although it was written 6 weeks on the application. This was in may of last year. I dont know if things have changed now.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with you that he doesn't have to hold a valid study permit to land in Canada, BUT if he remains registered as a full time student in a Canadian University, which I think he does, he MUST have a valid study permit no matter in what part of the globe he is now. Many intl students complete internships outside Canada as part of their grad programs but they keep their study permits up-to-date. CIC may not notice this with you, but it might be a problem if noticed.

Good luck! :)

cantaloupe said:
You do NOT need to have a valid study permit to land as an immigrant. This is a completely separate process, even though when you applied, you had to show a valid permit for up to 1 year, solely because you were not applying from within your country of citizenship.
Also, regarding your ongoing studies in Canada, study permit is intended to show you're legally "residing" in Canada... In other words, as long as you do not currently live IN Canada without a valid status (or an implied status) you are fine. If you need to go back to Canada to continue your degree, and you have not landed yet, then yes, you should renew your study permit at the border (or online).

IKECOOK1

Oct 5, 2014
Hi,

I am a phd student and have completed 3 years of courses towards the PHD program, but my university in is the United States of America (USA). Do I qualify to apply under the FSWP- PHD CAP ?
Thanks and hope to get a response soon.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately you are not eligible to apply, only PhD students from Canadian Universities can apply under the PhD stream.

IKECOOK1 said:
Hi,

I am a phd student and have completed 3 years of courses towards the PHD program, but my university in is the United States of America (USA). Do I qualify to apply under the FSWP- PHD CAP ?
Thanks and hope to get a response soon.