sent with application
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Med's Done....
03-03-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015 (DM 15-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015 (Passport back on 28-05-2015)
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
absolute_boy97 said:
guys, I finally submitted my documents yesterday. The only thing that is making me worry now is that I dont exactly recall if the phd letter of attestation had the signature on it or not. I can clearly remember the university letterhead and also the stamp. I just asked the university for another letter just to check how do they issue them (with or without signatures). But if it is not signed should I expect my application to be returned?
Probably it would be returned if missing the signature, as that's clearly required in the checklist. But it doesn't make sense if your attestation letter got the stamp but no signature...

anchoo2kewl

Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-02-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
23-11-2014
Hi,

I got my medical request along with request for my Police Clearance Certificate. I am from India and the Indian PCC form says it might take a minimum of 6 weeks to process the request for the PCC. However, the CIC mail clearly states that I have 60 days to submit all the documents. Will they accept if I send the PCC later ?

Sthind

Jun 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
4012 and 4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 25 2014
Med's Request
July 25 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 11 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 19 2014
LANDED..........
Sep 23 2014
anchoo2kewl said:
Hi,

I got my medical request along with request for my Police Clearance Certificate. I am from India and the Indian PCC form says it might take a minimum of 6 weeks to process the request for the PCC. However, the CIC mail clearly states that I have 60 days to submit all the documents. Will they accept if I send the PCC later ?
I will suggest that dont get your PCC through the consulate. They take forever. You should call someone back in India and they can get it directly from the police station and mail it to you. The PCC letter I submitted with my application was also obtained by my dad in India and he mailed it to me. It took him only 5 days to get it from Superintendent of Police (SP) office.
I hope this helps

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
absolute_boy97 said:
guys, I finally submitted my documents yesterday. The only thing that is making me worry now is that I dont exactly recall if the phd letter of attestation had the signature on it or not. I can clearly remember the university letterhead and also the stamp. I just asked the university for another letter just to check how do they issue them (with or without signatures). But if it is not signed should I expect my application to be returned?
Check if that stamp is a signature stamp or not. If that is the signature stamp then you dont need to be worried as many of my friends only put that kind of letter (signature stamp without university stamp) and no one has had any problem.

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Viva2014 said:
Check if that stamp is a signature stamp or not. If that is the signature stamp then you dont need to be worried as many of my friends only put that kind of letter (signature stamp without university stamp) and no one has had any problem.
This is how they replied to me about this question: "The signature and stamp are both printed on to the letter. So you should be fine with the letter you provided."

is this the stamp signature you are talking about?

anchoo2kewl

Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-02-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
23-11-2014
Sthind said:
I will suggest that dont get your PCC through the consulate. They take forever. You should call someone back in India and they can get it directly from the police station and mail it to you. The PCC letter I submitted with my application was also obtained by my dad in India and he mailed it to me. It took him only 5 days to get it from Superintendent of Police (SP) office.
I hope this helps
Thanks for that. I was thinking about the same thing. I will get my dad to get the PCC. Could you tell me what documents you sent to him. Was a physical verification not required ?

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
absolute_boy97 said:
This is how they replied to me about this question: "The signature and stamp are both printed on to the letter. So you should be fine with the letter you provided."

is this the stamp signature you are talking about?

In our university, the letter is provided by stamp signature and there is no signature by pen. Probably your university is doing the same thing. You shouldn't be worried as all of my friends who applied for PR used the same template and they didn't face any problem.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have two questions:
1. Regarding letter of attestation, shall we print the PDF file form from CIC website and give it to the university to fill out or get the letter from university without this PDF form?
2. I have work experiences for RA+TA and from another NOC for about 4 years. I am wondering is it safe to put NOC 4012 as a primary NOC or put the other one as a primary NOC for processing?

Thanks

Sthind

Jun 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
4012 and 4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 25 2014
Med's Request
July 25 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 11 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 19 2014
LANDED..........
Sep 23 2014
anchoo2kewl said:
Thanks for that. I was thinking about the same thing. I will get my dad to get the PCC. Could you tell me what documents you sent to him. Was a physical verification not required ?
I send him nothing. He took care of everything and according to him there was no need for the physical verification. He just submitted a form for PCC and police office took 4-5 days to do the criminal check and called my dad that the letter is ready and he can pick it anytime.
Your dad should have your photo because that has to go with the form. My PCC has my photo on it

blackrose

Oct 2, 2014
Hi guys,
I have submitted my application on 5th of December and I got my PER on 5th of February. My online CIC profile says that the process has been started on 5th of September, almost 1 month, but still waiting. is anyone out there with same situation?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Answers from my point of view are below.

1. You can print the PDF template but this is to be handled to them for guidance purposes ONLY. The most re-type what's written in the PDF template and print it in an official University sheet, stamp it and sign it. If someone who is not the Dean of Grad Studies is signing the letter, this person most declare that they are a Dean's delegate.

2. They will only give you points for the primary NOC you state in your application. If you decide to include the NOC with 4 years of experience as the primary one, they will basically ignore your RA/TA letter. Make sure that letter you have with 4 years of experience is not a letter from when you were a grad student, because they may wonder why you were working full time while you were a grad student. Heads up!

zorroo said:
I have two questions:
1. Regarding letter of attestation, shall we print the PDF file form from CIC website and give it to the university to fill out or get the letter from university without this PDF form?
2. I have work experiences for RA+TA and from another NOC for about 4 years. I am wondering is it safe to put NOC 4012 as a primary NOC or put the other one as a primary NOC for processing?

Thanks

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Viva2014, I just realized that June 6th applicants are now receiving their PERs. So for June 9th which is the next batch of applications (due to a weekend June 7th and 8th) will likely start getting the PER email tomorrow. Let's see what happens.

Do you have any idea or clue of why CIO has dramatically and sharply increased the times to just open the application packages and charge the CC (from 1 month to 4 months)? I thought it was going to be fast because of the money thing, but it seems they don't need a lot of cash as for now :D.

Cheers! What status you have on your application?

Viva2014 said:
Any time :)

CC is charged when Sydney touches the application. In other words, charging CC does not guarantee that you have pass the eligibility. On the other hand, evidence shows that Sydney is only skimming the submitted documents (in most of the time) and does not go to the details and hence, issues the PER in most cases.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepe84 said:
Answers from my point of view are below.

1. You can print the PDF template but this is to be handled to them for guidance purposes ONLY. The most re-type what's written in the PDF template and print it in an official University sheet, stamp it and sign it. If someone who is not the Dean of Grad Studies is signing the letter, this person most declare that they are a Dean's delegate.

2. They will only give you points for the primary NOC you state in your application. If you decide to include the NOC with 4 years of experience as the primary one, they will basically ignore your RA/TA letter. Make sure that letter you have with 4 years of experience is not a letter from when you were a grad student, because they may wonder why you were working full time while you were a grad student. Heads up!
Thanks for your clarification. But I am confused about your answer for the second question. Why they will only give points for the primary NOC in the application? As far as I know, they give points for all work experiences, but you should have one year continuous experience on the primary NOC. Isn't it?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You may be right, but since they are extremely strict, I would say they will only give you points for the number of years in the primary occupation. You can take the risk or call them to ask, but when I sent my application I always calculated the points based on the primary NOC letter.

Best luck! :)

zorroo said:
Thanks for your clarification. But I am confused about your answer for the second question. Why they will only give points for the primary NOC in the application? As far as I know, they give points for all work experiences, but you should have one year continuous experience on the primary NOC. Isn't it?

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anybody have an idea about the working hours per week for TA/RA to be accepted by CIC? Do they accept 30 hours /per week (full time) to be claimed?