+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pfau

Nov 18, 2013
Hi All,

Nearly 7 WEEKS(!) after my medical results were digitally submitted, my eCAS status was FINALLY changed to "medical results have been received"! What really frustrates me about this long wait was that I emailed CIC three times to confirm that that they had received my medicals and did not receive a single word in reply. Finally, on the literal eve of the 60-day limit, I got some confirmation.

Unfortunately, my status is still listed as "In Progress" however; I'm hoping that will change soon.

Is it looking like the average between "Decision made" and PPR is 20 days recently?...

Best to all

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
pfau said:
Hi All,

Nearly 7 WEEKS(!) after my medical results were digitally submitted, my eCAS status was FINALLY changed to "medical results have been received"! What really frustrates me about this long wait was that I emailed CIC three times to confirm that that they had received my medicals and did not receive a single word in reply. Finally, on the literal eve of the 60-day limit, I got some confirmation.

Unfortunately, my status is still listed as "In Progress" however; I'm hoping that will change soon.

Is it looking like the average between "Decision made" and PPR is 20 days recently?...

Best to all
So far so good :). In my case, eCAS showed "Decision Made" after 24 days of "medical results have been received" status. And then I got passport request after 2 days of "Decision Made". Wish u smooth ride for the rest of the journey.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please ask them to re write another letter for you with your full name. Please keep in mind that PhD stream may not exist anymore, so better not to take that risk.

absolute_boy97 said:
In my letter of attestation from university, they have put a partially abbreviated version of my name (like part of the first name and part of the family name) . I have a very long name! Do you think this could cause problem?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
I just received an email from medical clinic, that they have send my report which was found to be all normal. It took only 3 business days including days of medical test and confirmation (I did my medical on Thursday evening and got confirmation on Monday morning)

It was sent using eMedical system .. so how long does it take for CIC to get the report or Decision Made in eCas?

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
PhdStream said:
I just received an email from medical clinic, that they have send my report which was found to be all normal. It took only 3 business days including days of medical test and confirmation (I did my medical on Thursday evening and got confirmation on Monday morning)

It was sent using eMedical system .. so how long does it take for CIC to get the report or Decision Made in eCas?
Actually CIC's already got your report if your medical centre is saying that they've sent it. However, usually eCAS shows "medical results have been received" status after a few days (a week or so). The interval between "medical results have been received" and "Decision Made" depends on the ongoing criminality & security check, which varies case to case.

Pasting my previous reply here....

So far so good Smiley. In my case, eCAS showed "Decision Made" after 24 days of "medical results have been received" status. And then I got passport request after 2 days of "Decision Made". Wish u smooth ride for the rest of the journey.

Nadees

May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-08-2014
Passport Req..
28-09-2014
"Is the baby going to be born before you do your landing procedure? If the answer is yes, you have to tell them that you may have a baby before your land or that could be interpreted as misrepresentation."

Indeed, the baby is arriving before the landing procedure :) So, we do need to inform them as you have pointed out.

Thanks,
Nadees

Nadees

May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-08-2014
Passport Req..
28-09-2014
Nadees said:
Is the baby going to be born before you do your landing procedure? If the answer is yes, you have to tell them that you may have a baby before your land or that could be interpreted as misrepresentation.
Indeed, the baby is arriving before the landing procedure :) So, we do need to inform them as you have pointed out.

Thanks,
Nadees

Nadees

May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-08-2014
Passport Req..
28-09-2014
Nadees said:
"Is the baby going to be born before you do your landing procedure? If the answer is yes, you have to tell them that you may have a baby before your land or that could be interpreted as misrepresentation."

Thanks,
Nadees

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Nadees said:

Thanks,
Nadees
Hi Nadees, congratulations on the baby :) Even though the baby will be a Canadian citizen, he/she will still be your dependent, so make sure that you take it into account for the calculation of proof of funds. The baby won't need to be included in the PR application, but your proof of fund should show the amount that is necessary to support the baby as well.

aysuda

Jul 2, 2013
Hey all,

Those who received proof of fund update request from CIC-ottawa, could you please let me know of their exact wording ? I wonder, if anybody received such a request :

"Updated evidence funds (showing 6 months deposits/ withdrawals history) for yourself" ?

Do you think that does not matter if we only send saving account history(which is above their required amount ) to them and not CHQ account ?

Thank you

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All

I need your advice ASAP. My credit card has been charged but I haven't received PER yet. It was charged last Thursday. Do you know if CC charged means that I will receive PER?

Please help ASAP, I am becoming very concerned :-(

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
pepe84 said:
Dear All

I need your advice ASAP. My credit card has been charged but I haven't received PER yet. It was charged last Thursday. Do you know if CC charged means that I will receive PER?

Please help ASAP, I am becoming very concerned :-(
Most of the time, after CC is charged, PER is issued unless your application is refused in Sydney (which is very rare). But it usually takes time to get your PER (around two weeks after CC is charged).

When did you send your application?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much Viva2014. My application was received by CIO on June 9th, 2014. The CC was charged on September 25th, 2014. When do you think I should receive the PER?

Thanks once again!

Viva2014 said:
Most of the time, after CC is charged, PER is issued unless your application is refused in Sydney (which is very rare). But it usually takes time to get your PER (around two weeks after CC is charged).

When did you send your application?

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
pepe84 said:
Thanks so much Viva2014. My application was received by CIO on June 9th, 2014. The CC was charged on September 25th, 2014. When do you think I should receive the PER?

Thanks once again!
No problem. If you look at the PhD tracker, you will see that most cases got PER between 5 days to 15 days after their CC were charged. However, there are some cases got PER sooner or very late. You will probably get PER before October 10th. But as you can see, the processing time for starting review of applications in Sydney have increased. So, don't worry even if you do not get PER withing 15 days.