Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-June-2013
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Hello buddies,

I got PPR yesterday (Aug 29) at 7:40 pm. plz update the tracker.

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
sia_kb8 said:
Landed today at Blue-Water Bridge. Everything went pretty smoothly, although it took the Americans ~1 hour to give me my refusal letter and turn me back. These were by far the nicest American Customs and Border Protection people I had ever seen, by far. On the Canadian side, it took maybe 5 minutes. She asked to see my study permit, but gave it back to me. I got the official welcome and congrats as well. I do recommend this port of entry.

My journey came to a close today. This forum was instrumental throughout the process. Thanks to everyone. I will try to pay a visit from time to time while I am waiting for my girlfriends' applications.

Cheers everyone!
To complete the tracker, I received my visa August 27.

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Official passport is not accepted for immigration visa. So, you have to provide CIC with your ordinary passport.

Anu2006 said:
Hello all,

I have a very serious question. Today for the first time I invented that according to "CIC Checklists" official passport is not a valid passport.

Is there any one who has an 'official passport' and got immigration? Or any idea what could be a solution if cic rejects official passport.
Please guys, make comments on it.

Thanks.

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
TyrusX,

Because the application requires applicants to provide photos of family members. So I included photos of myself, brothers and parents. But I wrote the name and date of birth on each photo. I think the VO just carelessly picked up the wrong photo of me. But the result of that mistake is enormous!

TyrusX said:
This makes absolutely no sense, why would they attach a picture of your brother to your document? How do they even have it in the first place?

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
When CIC says "family members" they mean "dependents" (accompanying or not). You didn't have to put your brothers' or parents' photos unless they were your dependents. Anyway, they'll fix it for you.

Henry.Nguyen said:
TyrusX,

Because the application requires applicants to provide photos of family members. So I included photos of myself, brothers and parents. But I wrote the name and date of birth on each photo. I think the VO just carelessly picked up the wrong photo of me. But the result of that mistake is enormous!

amir_hb

Oct 27, 2013
Can people who received medical comment on this?
I need to know if I really have to pressure them for referring my request to the office of the dean. I'm not sure if they would eventually accept that. :(

amir_hb said:
Is it fine if the attestation letter is signed by some other authority in the "School of Graduate Studies", for instance "director of student services"?
In principle they are the Dean's designate for issuing such confirmations and letters... but the name or title of the Dean himself is not mentioned anywhere in my letter. It is printed on the School of Graduate Studies letterhead using CIC's template, and has an embossed seal. They strictly refused to put the Dean's title and kept telling me that they've produced this type of letter before for immigration applicants and it's okay!

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Hi all, I need help.

I am completing Schedule A for my PR application. I don't know how to answer Question 8 (personal history) properly. Should I include all my travels (less than 10 days) in there as well? And what if I both studied and worked during some period? Do I mention study, work or both? No gaps are allowed. Not sure about overlaps

Need yr advice.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
I don't think you need to include vacations, etc. They want your major activities, like if you took a leave for six months from your work to travel for business or something similar it makes sense to mention; but definitely not your ordinary trips!

rogelio said:
Hi all, I need help.

I am completing Schedule A for my PR application. I don't know how to answer Question 8 (personal history) properly. Should I include all my travels (less than 10 days) in there as well? And what if I both studied and worked during some period? Do I mention study, work or both?

Need yr advice.

blackrock

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-02-2015 ( Scanned Copy of new passport)
AOR Received.
PER 23-10-14
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
20-03-2015
Hi, No one has updated the List showing the process timing details of all applicants since March? May I know if anyone is taking care of it? or no one applied after March 2014.

Regards

mamali

Nov 12, 2013
Hi All,

I have received my medical on Friday. Thank you all for your help.

The officer needs to know the following:
Explanation and exemption certificate or all other application documentary evidence which indicates that you are exempt from military service

I did not mention anything in the Question 11 of IM5669; because I did not know that the compulsory military service (only 20 days training) should be mentioned in this part. I would like to translate my card; however, I do not know if it shows the discrepancy or not?

Do you have any suggestion about this issue?

Thank you very much,

Asal2013

Nov 17, 2013
mamali said:
Hi All,

I have received my medical on Friday. Thank you all for your help.

The officer needs to know the following:
Explanation and exemption certificate or all other application documentary evidence which indicates that you are exempt from military service

I did not mention anything in the Question 11 of IM5669; because I did not know that the compulsory military service (only 20 days training) should be mentioned in this part. I would like to translate my card; however, I do not know if it shows the discrepancy or not?

Do you have any suggestion about this issue?

Thank you very much,
Hi mamali,
Would you please share your timeline with us ?

Thanks,

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014 / Med's Received: 19-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Hi Guys,

I did the landing a couple of days ago at Coutts boarder crossing between Alberta and Montana. The Officers on both sides were extremely nice, it took me 20 minutes in the U.S side and 30 minutes on the Canada side. The CIC officer was very respectful and cooperative, he explained the next steps and asked me if I have questions .. I asked several and he was answering with smiles ...

Very important thing to know, even thought that I have had a U.S visa, the officer gave me a refusal letter and said it is better to go back to Canada, finish the landing paperwork and turn again to go to U.S

Overall, it was an excellent experience. Thank you all, and wish all of you a happy ending.

Regards,

Jubayer

Jul 5, 2012
Houra said:
Hi everyone, I've got a bad news and a good news:

bad: I still haven't got my GCMS notes that I ordered in June!! After 3 round of emails with ATIP, they said they marked my application "priority". It's been 10 days, but no news yet!
good: who cares about the GCMS notes? I got PPR on Aug 19 and sent the passports the same day, got it back Aug 26 and landed the same day!
Wow! Congrats Houra. Really happy to hear your good news.

You know what, I got my GCMS notes after I landed :). And, according to the notes, I was supposed to receive my PPR on or around May 25th and I got that on July 21. It seems like they really forgot to send the PPR email.

Jubayer

karanoha

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-June-2013
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
karanoha said:
Hello buddies,

I got PPR yesterday (Aug 29) at 7:40 pm. plz update the tracker.
Update the tracker plz.

sa-ha

May 24, 2013
karanoha said:
Update the tracker plz.
Congratulation Karaniha.
would you please tell me when your ecas changed to "decision made"? mine is still in process. while we both received medical in a same day.