+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

civil656

Oct 7, 2013
I landed yesterday at the Carway boarder. The US section officer was so nice but the Canadian officers were too rude to me. It took 2 hours for them to get back to me. They did not even ask for my address. According to this forum and my other friends experiences, I heard that they should ask for the address for sending the PR card. Now, I am worried about it :(
Is there anyone here who has the same experience? Is "asking address" important?
Do you have any idea to whom I should contact for this issue?
Thanks.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
civil656 said:
I landed yesterday at the Carway boarder. The US section officer was so nice but the Canadian officers were too rude to me. It took 2 hours for them to get back to me. They did not even ask for my address. According to this forum and my other friends experiences, I heard that they should ask for the address for sending the PR card. Now, I am worried about it :(
Is there anyone here who has the same experience? Is "asking address" important?
Thanks.
Could you explain that a bit more? What made you think they were rude?

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Hi Civil656,

I think it will be fine as long as you don't change your address for the next 3 months.
According to your case, is UPS faster or same speed as Xpresspost?
Thanks.

civil656 said:
Thanks.

civil656

Oct 7, 2013
cantaloupe said:
Could you explain that a bit more? What made you think they were rude?
First, they said they cannot do the landing process since it is not their priority. Then, they said I should wait and they will decide if they would do it or not. The way that they had these conversations was so insulting and when I asked them how long I should wait (after one hour waiting), they replied "you should know that everything does not obtain as winking".

Anyway, do you have any suggestion regarding my issue?

civil656

Oct 7, 2013
Henry.Nguyen said:
Hi Civil656,

I think it will be fine as long as you don't change your address for the next 3 months.
According to your case, is UPS faster or same speed as Xpresspost?
Thanks.
Hi,
I have no idea about the UPS. I sent my passport by Xpresspost and it took one week to get it back.

captain1982

May 31, 2013
civil656 said:
First, they said they cannot do the landing process since it is not their priority. Then, they said I should wait and they will decide if they would do it or not. The way that they had these conversations was so insulting and when I asked them how long I should wait (after one hour waiting), they replied "you should know that everything does not obtain as winking".

Anyway, do you have any suggestion regarding my issue?
I had the same problem at Carway border. US guards were very nice but Canadian guards were very rude. They told me the same thing, but after 10 minutes they told me that I cannot land because my CIC file shows that I'm single but my immigration file shows that I'm married and they cannot fix this problem. They told me that I should land in Calgary. In that time I was 100% sure that it was only an excuse. They were very rude.
I called CIC and they said that there is no problem about my file and they surprised that I could not land at Carway border. Also I sent email to Ottawa and they told me your file does not have any problem and we don't know why the did not let you to land. They said that there are some talks in progress about in country landing and probably in future they change method of landing in Canada.
To sum up briefly, I do not suggest to land at Carway border. Obviously they had mental problem. They were very rude.
Call CIC and tell them about address. They can fix this problem. Carway guards may grab address from your study permit or work permit, but I do not trust these guys. I think their goal is preventing others to come to Carway border for landing.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Hi Civil,
I probably missed your post.
Could you please tell me exactly how many days took you to get your passport back from the date you sent it?
I am also in a rush so wanted to know whether they care about my rush.
I need to fly on Sep 4. If I send my passport on August 25, do you think they will return it?

Thanks.

civil656 said:
Hi,
I have no idea about the UPS. I sent my passport by Xpresspost and it took one week to get it back.

civil656

Oct 7, 2013
captain1982 said:
I had the same problem at Carway border. US guards were very nice but Canadian guards were very rude. They told me the same thing, but after 10 minutes they told me that I cannot land because my CIC file shows that I'm single but my immigration file shows that I'm married and they cannot fix this problem. They told me that I should land in Calgary. In that time I was 100% sure that it was only an excuse. They were very rude.
I called CIC and they said that there is no problem about my file and they surprised that I could not land at Carway border. Also I sent email to Ottawa and they told me your file does not have any problem and we don't know why the did not let you to land. They said that there are some talks in progress about in country landing and probably in future they change method of landing in Canada.
To sum up briefly, I do not suggest to land at Carway border. Obviously they had mental problem. They were very rude.
Call CIC and tell them about address. They can fix this problem. Carway guards may grab address from your study permit or work permit, but I do not trust these guys. I think their goal is preventing others to come to Carway border for landing.
I certainly agree with you. They are sick mentally and maybe racist!
Thanks for your suggestion. I will call CIC tomorrow. Did you call to 1-800-242-2100? Could you talk to the agent by this number?

civil656

Oct 7, 2013
aalm said:
Hi Civil,
I probably missed your post.
Could you please tell me exactly how many days took you to get your passport back from the date you sent it?
I am also in a rush so wanted to know whether they care about my rush.
I need to fly on Sep 4. If I send my passport on August 25, do you think they will return it?

Thanks.
Hello,
My passport reached the CPC in 2014/08/14 at 11:47 am and they sent it back in 2014/09/19 at 19:10 pm. I got it back a day after 2014/09/20. I guess you will get your passport by Sep 4th, if you send it tomorrow.

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014 / Med's Received: 19-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Just to second what Civil has mentioned ... I sent my passport on August 19th, arrived on August 20th ,, sent back on August 22nd (the tracker of return envelop was activated), now, the tracker says it is in Edmonton, hence, I should receive it tomorrow.

civil656 said:
Hello,
My passport reached the CPC in 2014/08/14 at 11:47 am and they sent it back in 2014/09/19 at 19:10 pm. I got it back a day after 2014/09/20. I guess you will get your passport by Sep 4th, if you send it tomorrow.

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
arian_arian said:
That is a great news! BIG congratulations! :)
Thanks a lot. I am impatiently waiting to see you have been requested for MR.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Oh nice!
Thanks Civil and Albaik!

albaik said:
Just to second what Civil has mentioned ... I sent my passport on August 19th, arrived on August 20th ,, sent back on August 22nd (the tracker of return envelop was activated), now, the tracker says it is in Edmonton, hence, I should receive it tomorrow.

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
Hello Guys,

I sent my documents to Nova Scotia 30JAN2014. I received my PER 30FEB2014. I have not heard anything about my application since the end of February 2014. I am checking my status in CIC website every day. The status is: "In Process". Do you have any idea what should I do at this moment? Thank you!

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Saph,

You will hear about it within one month, I think.
Btw, there is no 30th of February that you mentioned! :D

Saph said:
Hello Guys,

I sent my documents to Nova Scotia 30JAN2014. I received my PER 30FEB2014. I have not heard anything about my application since the end of February 2014. I am checking my status in CIC website every day. The status is: "In Process". Do you have any idea what should I do at this moment? Thank you!